Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

ya thats the same thing it said to me...lol

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

okay, i re downloaded the files and tried again...still getting the md5 mismatch error message...it worked yesterday and after was finished gave me that message..not it does it before it starts...any ideas? if u want u can text me directly...919-912-9756<google number> lol..name is danny...this back n forth in the forums is time consuming sometimes lol

2. Remove this advertisement.

Got it working. Not a bad download after all (I'm pretty sure)... Used the link for .zip file ?mediafire? just before the individual 4shared files. The android_secure.vfat.tar file needs to "show up" as a hidden file in the folder. Problem solved. The link I used downloaded the folder like this by default. Using it now and it seems decent, but I've just now restored go launcher custom widget orgy. Have yet to test with mass effect and ganstar Rio. Posted.

Just a heads up its not a mediafire link, it a dropbox link. sorry if anyone went searching through the thread for a non existent link. Oops
    Last edited by kovis19; 07-10-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Golauncher always restores Widgets with PROBLEM LOADING...yours come back OK?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Go launcher boots all widgets on every reboot and in fact i have nemus launcher set up and frequently swap between the two with all widgets restoring well. Haven't had a forced reboot yet which was a constant problem before update and would always lose widgets. apps not saved to sd on accident are they?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

kk

with kovis's patience n know how.. .it ruins line a dream ! updated mine n my wife's abs both run smooth. on top of that run the bloatware remover and runs even better. not sure i wanna try to run the ciq yet tho

Thank you much sir, haven't tried the ciq removal zip yet myself or restore data for several of my apps, but I'll play some tonight. fastroot and boot animation changer run great and with chainfire3d I've had some intense games working with little lag and NO REBOOTS so far

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Widgets load good on normal reboots, I'm just saying when I Backup and Restore from within Go Launcher, any restore gives the same "problem loading widget" stuff. Not a big deal. Haven't had a forced reboot since I installed the updated ROM...had to keep Carrier IQ though, which was probably the problem with the Revokster rebooting all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    Widgets load good on normal reboots, I'm just saying when I Backup and Restore from within Go Launcher, any restore gives the same "problem loading widget" stuff. Not a big deal. Haven't had a forced reboot since I installed the updated ROM...had to keep Carrier IQ though, which was probably the problem with the Revokster rebooting all the time.
    That's an android problem. Any launcher on any phone will not restore Widgets. Some even tell you as you backup

Sent from my M886

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    md5 sum mismatch... think its just a bad download?

*edit*
    cwm log showing the error is occuring in the .android_secure.vfat.tar file. Any ideas?
    Hey, How did you fix the sum mismatch? I have the same problem and I have downloaded the file 3 times, Tried another sdcard, Same thing..

You have to make sure the Android_secure vfat.tar file is hidden in the folder. If you can see it, your md5 will fail. Simple fix, just hide the file and it works great.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    You have to make sure the Android_secure vfat.tar file is hidden in the folder. If you can see it, your md5 will fail. Simple fix, just hide the file and it works great.
    Ok The file is hidden on my computer but is still showing up on the phone.. Not sure how to hide it on the phone?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

as long as u set it as a hidden file on ur pc thats all that matters. once that is done...copy the entire properly named folder into your clockworkmod/backup folder...regardless if u can see it in the phone is irrelevant...and then run the restore from cwm as per the instructions. when i did that the md5 and all went smooth as duckbutter!

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Kidricky View Post
    Ok The file is hidden on my computer but is still showing up on the phone.. Not sure how to hide it on the phone?
    The hidden file attribute is a function of the FAT or NTFS filesystem. Ext filesystems don't support it. Perhaps that is where the trouble lies.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by s23bog View Post
    The hidden file attribute is a function of the FAT or NTFS filesystem. Ext filesystems don't support it. Perhaps that is where the trouble lies.
    Yeah I think your right.. Still not working..

Thus file is vfat, not ext file do it should show up hidden if setup properly. And it does matter that it registers as a hidden file on the phone.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information