Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Not sure what else to do.. It's still hidden on my computer, I formatted the sdcard, Tried again.. Still same problem..

2. Remove this advertisement.

There are some options. In the forum on page 3 is a dropbox link that gives you a zip file. Unzip it once and you'll have a folder containing six .tar files and an md5 sum log. If you can view hidden files through some option on computer or phone, do so and see if Android_secure shows up. If so copy this folder and theits seven contents onto clockwork backup folder. Restore as usual. What os you running on that computer?

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by kovis19 View Post
    There are some options. In the forum on page 3 is a dropbox link that gives you a zip file. Unzip it once and you'll have a folder containing six .tar files and an md5 sum log. If you can view hidden files through some option on computer or phone, do so and see if Android_secure shows up. If so copy this folder and theits seven contents onto clockwork backup folder. Restore as usual. What os you running on that computer?
    Ok, I downloaded the zip file.. All files are there and none are hidden... Running win7.. Cuz nothing is hidden I'm guessing this will not work either? also tried it anyway and says no data found
    Last edited by Kidricky; 07-10-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: more info

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Try renaming the parent folder to something like STOCK for the backup folder and maybe look at permissions

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    huawei mercury

I got the md5 error also I got it to work though all I did was download all the files from 4share one at a time put them in a folder called stock but what I did different was I put a . in front of the android_secure.vfat.tar file and because I had tried these files earlier when you browse your phone using astro or other it shows the android_secure.vfat.tar file so i deleted it and when I hooked up my phone to my computer the other file with the . in front was still there so maybe those who tried the . also had the one without the period. Also can I put revokster rom back on here now or will it remove the updates.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Ok looks like it finely worked...All I did was rename the folder to stock, However looking at the about phone device info says 03/17/12 Isn't there a 06/06/12 or is 03/17/12 the newest?

Phone
    huawei mercury

Mine says the same too.

Phone
    huawei mercury

Ok guys got this working wondering can I root and install the custom roms or will it take away the updates

Rooting won't take away update but the ROM flashing will. This thing is super stable though and flashing a rom isn't really necessary until someone makes one that is based off this stock system (since one can't yet be built from scratch, that its). Stick to customizing it yourself with ROM toolbox or such.

Phone
    huawei mercury

Ok thanks also can I use the bloat ware remover.

Someone said they did just fine, i haven't personally because i just use root explorer and delete the apks i don't want. Questionable results with ciq remover, but again I've not used it myself. On the old ROM it created lots of problems when restoring apps but i found a way around that. not gonna mess with it for now.

After I install this will I have to put CWM back or is it already there? Also I noticed that my backups are named different the cache and data files are ext3 and system is ext4 where my backups are all ext4. Will that make a difference?

Last edited by Eaglewtchr; 07-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

this issue with the md5 sums is the file name.. The file name is being change from the cwm backup to the share location. This changes the file size causing this error..

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglewtchr View Post
    After I install this will I have to put CWM back or is it already there? Also I noticed that my backups are named different the cache and data files are ext3 and system is ext4 where my backups are all ext4. Will that make a difference?

Not really sure, but ext4 filesystems can be mounted as ext3 (or even ext2, I believe). I suspect that somewhere in the process of making the backup, the filesystems are mounted as ext3 instead of ext4. As long as the filesystems are actually created as ext4 the use of the older filesystem somewhere in the middle wouldn't make any difference.

Executing mount on my phone shows partitions 12 (/sys), 13 (/data), and 6 (/cache) are ext4. I doubt the better performance of ext4 would be of any benefit on any of the other partitions.

I really would love for the sdcard to be ext3 or ext4, but that causes compatibility complications with Windows, and apparently the media itself doesn't handle the constant journaling of ext3/4 very well (uses up MTBF's).

So even tho my backups are all ext4 and this backup has both ext3 and ext4 files it should install and run properly?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information