Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar:61396
    Thanks, despite the brick warnings I got brave and ran the Remove CIQ option in the Logging Test app, it ran for a few seconds and told me to reboot, upon reboot I ran the test app again but it still detects the presence of CIQ, however now when I run the Voodoo CarrierIQ app it says Carrier IQ is present but appears to be inactive so I'm guessing its partially disabled lol. Ill have to do some more reading in the thread you posted.

I just ran the voodoo IQ finder found out what files the IQ was in and used root explorer to delete them and my outcome was the same as yours

2. Remove this advertisement.

Sorry to ask this But do you know a Time frame on when the new Rom will be up? LOL Sorry

Sorry For Asking I wont again
    Last edited by BrianJames0381; 04-13-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJames0381 View Post
    Sorry to ask this But do you know a Time frame on when the new Rom will be up? LOL Sorry
    2.3 days 36 hours 17 minutes 18 seconds and 4 nano seconds.. Its all over the net just look .

its bad bad asking for a time frame on something someone does for free. Bad bad ..

Good luck in your wait .

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

We tried using the logging test app on a rooted but otherwise stock Mercury (android 2.3.5) and the program locks up when attempting to remove CIQ.

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I finally flashed revokster and I have no idea why I waited so long, I love it and it's was super easy. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have flashed my ascend 1 and 2, this was very simple to follow. One question, the muve update is supposed to fix text to talk, does anyone have a fix without that update?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by mkakemon View Post
    I finally flashed revokster and I have no idea why I waited so long, I love it and it's was super easy. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have flashed my ascend 1 and 2, this was very simple to follow. One question, the muve update is supposed to fix text to talk, does anyone have a fix without that update?

Not that I have seen.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by mkakemon View Post

I thought it was Android 2.3.6 itself that addresses the voice to text issue (Which revokster is based on).

Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm not sure, but I am still having problems with voice text. I just did the muve upgrade that oriax123 has on here, so we'll see, keeping my fingers crossed.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Sigh, tried this rom, both optimized and cricket version, both incredibly unstable on my phone. All sorts of apps FC'ing, even the voice search one. I did install that phone.apk to fix it, but no help. I did clean davlik/cache/data, no help.

I got my phone the first couple days it was out, don't know if they changed anything after the initial release. It's Android 2.3.5 by default. Also the voice search has never worked in anything but a completely silent room. I always used it everywhere on my last phone (Zio). On this one it won't work outside (wind noise), or car (engine noise). Is it possible to get this replaced under MFG warranty? What's the best way to get them to do that?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by phazei View Post
    Sigh, tried this rom, both optimized and cricket version, both incredibly unstable on my phone. All sorts of apps FC'ing, even the voice search one. I did install that phone.apk to fix it, but no help. I did clean davlik/cache/data, no help.

I got my phone the first couple days it was out, don't know if they changed anything after the initial release. It's Android 2.3.5 by default. Also the voice search has never worked in anything but a completely silent room. I always used it everywhere on my last phone (Zio). On this one it won't work outside (wind noise), or car (engine noise). Is it possible to get this replaced under MFG warranty? What's the best way to get them to do that?
    If its 2.3.5 then its going to have problems. (not all) but most have that issue even WITHOUT rooting or hacking it.

Try going into recovery then wipe /system, /data, /cache, /emmc and THEN flash my rom. it should work. If you keep getting the same issue then the phone is defected and should go get it replaced with one that is 2.3.6 stock.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

After installing the Master*.zip file via custom recovery, I rebooted, skipped past the Google sign in, then tried to reboot back into custom recovery to apply the next patch, and it seems that no matter what I try, it will not go into the custom recovery. Won't even go into download mode at all anymore.

Edit: Hmm....disabled fastboot in settings and now able to get back to custom recovery.
    Last edited by s23bog; 04-14-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by s23bog View Post
    After installing the Master*.zip file via custom recovery, I rebooted, skipped past the Google sign in, then tried to reboot back into custom recovery to apply the next patch, and it seems that no matter what I try, it will not go into the custom recovery. Won't even go into download mode at all anymore.

Edit: Hmm....disabled fastboot in settings and now able to get back to custom recovery.
    lol i was barely going to reply :P nice.

also another way to enter Download mods & Recovery

Recovery:With the phone off, hold Volume UP + Home +Power until it vibrates. Let go and wait..

Download:Take out battery, put only the cover back on, Hold both Volume buttons and plug usb in...
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123:61584
    Quote Originally Posted by s23bog View Post

lol i was barely going to reply :P nice.

also another way to enter Download mods & Recovery

Recovery:With the phone off, hold Volume UP + Home +Power until it vibrates. Let go and wait..

Download:Take out battery, put only the cover back on, Hold both Volume buttons and plug usb in...
    The reason you can't get to download mode or recovery when you power off with fastboot on is bc it doesn't shut the phone all the way down it only goes into standby mode...I keep my fastboot on and whenever I need to get to either one of those I just hit the restart button (bc it shuts the phone all the way down)and as soon as the screen goes off I hold the key combo for the option I want and if I don't get it in time then I just pull the battery and do it that way...I know it still works bc I'm using oriax's revokster ROM right now and just used recovery to flash a new launcher to the system apps
    Last edited by android4ever91; 04-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Customer Since
    4/2008
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

That's what I figured.

Oriax, things are working very well now. Thanks! I ran into a few problems but not really sure how much was caused by restoring everything via titanium backup. I may go back and redo the upgrade and manually install things (or be more selective on restore). Hopefully ICS will be working well before I get a round tuit.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Customer Since
    Begining
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

F.Y.I., I flashed the muve patch and the talk to text seema to be working great. I want to thank everyone involved with the rom build and upgrade patch for rooted mercury. I love this phone, and I now love it even more, so, thank you a thousand times.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information