Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Stock Task Manager

I went thru my CWM backup's and pulled the Stock Task Manager out. Just download and install like any other App..
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Thank you I upgraded to the stock rom replacement and have been missing this handy app

Quote Originally Posted by fate43:61267
    Thank you I upgraded to the stock rom replacement and have been missing this handy app
    I missed it too. I don't like regular task managers. This one only closes what you opened and leaves system loaded apps alone. The system loads like sms, contacts, etc.. apps to speed it up. Regular task managers kill everything unless you tell it not to. Hope everyone likes having it back..

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I have this task manager frozen with TB. Android Memory and thread management does a great job at handling memory. When you have a task manager or killer running in the background. Its constantly fighting with Android.. With the Linux kernel. FREE MEMORY RESOURCES ARE WASTED RESOURCES. Android is designed to keep the things you use most in a static holding . this uses much less cpu cycles to bring it to the forefront. So killing off these apps just makes android want to load something else into that unused memory. When Android well the linux kernel needs or wants the memory to run a APP. IT WILL KILL the Longest ago user used app.
    SO RULE OF THUMB. TASK KILLERS ARE VERY BAD. .A Task manager can be good to diagnose rogue apps that are stealing cpu cycles and auto running. But should never be allowed to run a a background Always running service.

I use the task manager to close my games that don't want to fully close. I have noticed with using this task manager that not everything closes when you exit properly. This allows you to close ONLY what you opened. Other task managers close everything it can close slowing your phone down. IMO. This one is the best task manager since it doesn't close anything that was loaded at boot, Just what YOU open..

Thanks for this upload. I use it for games as well but usually with V6 they close but just to be sure.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    I have this task manager frozen with TB. Android Memory and thread management does a great job at handling memory. When you have a task manager or killer running in the background. Its constantly fighting with Android.. With the Linux kernel. FREE MEMORY RESOURCES ARE WASTED RESOURCES. Android is designed to keep the things you use most in a static holding . this uses much less cpu cycles to bring it to the forefront. So killing off these apps just makes android want to load something else into that unused memory. When Android well the linux kernel needs or wants the memory to run a APP. IT WILL KILL the Longest ago user used app.
    SO RULE OF THUMB. TASK KILLERS ARE VERY BAD. .A Task manager can be good to diagnose rogue apps that are stealing cpu cycles and auto running. But should never be allowed to run a a background Always running service.
    Thanks your post actually made things more clear for me w/ Linux, I had always wondered why if I killed say 2 apps in memory it would just end up loading another 2 random apps into memory lol.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    Thanks your post actually made things more clear for me w/ Linux, I had always wondered why if I killed say 2 apps in memory it would just end up loading another 2 random apps into memory lol.

You are very welcome. You can test this theory. by killing all apps.. rebooting the phone.. Then keep opening and closing a app that you DO NOT USE. and make sure its a app that does not auto load on its own. say a calculator. after a while you will see the os will put that app in its STAND STILL STATE. Its constantly aware and evolving to save you cpu cycles. that is the most demanding on battery (of course second to the backlight). But i do agree with the guy above with some games. However even thou they say its running if android needs that ram . IT WILL KILL the game in most cases. IF you find one that does not REPORT IT TO THE DEVELOPER. if they respond with a fix thats good . if they ignore you . ITS Likely they could be ROGUE. most are just bad code.

Thanks for listening to my long winded hard to understand post

here is one link explaining this.. but there are many out there . just search for android and issues with task killers/managers

Fresh Rom – CDMA Android Development FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android

Thread Information