Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Throttle fix??

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

It has nothing to do with them turning it off. they slow it down when you reach a pre determined amount of data . this depends on your plan. This has nothing to do with WIFI as well .. you can use this phone with wifi only and not even have a paid cricket account..

why would your bill be due.. Mine is due every month around 23rd i think.. Its auto paid from my bank on the 5th of each month 3 weeks early Like my mortgage Insurance utilities and so on..
    Please pay your bills on time . If you do not have the spare money to pay your phone bill . YOU SHOULD not own one.. its a Luxury not a necessity . This whole how to beat throttle Gets under my skin . ITS STEALING AND CHEATING..

Even thou crickets so called unlimited is not correct or fair.. TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE IT RIGHT

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

It will go off if you restart the phone. I have missed my bill several times and noticed the 3G icon would stay there for about 3-4 days and work! However after a reboot it will not connect to any data although I thin the icon remained. After 3-4 days it will stop regardless.

Sent from my M886 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I always pay my bill 2 days late because the dealer wasn't willing to push back my due date. (In due on the 19th but my paycheck goes in on the 21st) and I rarely ever get any service cut off. I have lagged on paying for a week and my 3g/SMS lasted like 4 days after my bill was due.

Banned

deceptic

You should try a different dealer if you have the ability.. I had mine changed from first of the month til 3 rd week on purpose..
    Cricket service is a pro rated account DAY BY DAY. You can call support choose billing and ask them to change your Billing date. If you change it to a later date all you need to do is pay there few days between where it is to where you want it to be.. I even done this on my mortgage like 6 months ago.. ITS 975.35 A MONTH That is something that must be thought about in advance..
    I do understand your issue call cricket.. they do take care of there long running customers.. They sent me a free phone a few months back for my son .His was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ericarenee View Post
    It has nothing to do with them turning it off. they slow it down when you reach a pre determined amount of data . this depends on your plan. This has nothing to do with WIFI as well .. you can use this phone with wifi only and not even have a paid cricket account..

why would your bill be due.. Mine is due every month around 23rd i think.. Its auto paid from my bank on the 5th of each month 3 weeks early Like my mortgage Insurance utilities and so on..
    Please pay your bills on time . If you do not have the spare money to pay your phone bill . YOU SHOULD not own one.. its a Luxury not a necessity . This whole how to beat throttle Gets under my skin . ITS STEALING AND CHEATING..

Even thou crickets so called unlimited is not correct or fair.. TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE IT RIGHT
    What the hell? Its a no contract service BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT afford Verizon and Others. A phone is a necessity. WHICH phone, is a luxury.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

I will thanks. I guess my payments are considered "on time" because I was approved for my rebate on my Merc when I got it. One requirement is "no disruptions in service "

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

I think the new plans are more fair than they used to be. 1 GB was too low, but I think 2.5 GB or 5 GB for just $10 more actually isn't bad. I just hope the network doesn't get slowed down too much now from everybody using more data. Though most people who don't go to forums probably won't know about the change and will stay on their 1 GB plans.

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Lol bro..I'm gonna need you to calm down. I pay my bill damn near every time its due on the day its due. But there have been occasions when I missed my date by a day or two and noticed my stuff still worked..which is why I asked my question. Although I do find your anger and frustration amusing, the constant comparing others actions to what "Erica would do", is fairly annoying. I asked my question politely so a polite answer would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully you realize she's a woman. Only guys are 'bro'

Banned

Sheesh . all im saying is i do not see how that if you have the money on the day its due to pay it you cant budget your money to pay it a few days earlier. or a week or so. I know money is tight for everyone now.. hell we had to sell a truck for way less then its value to get out from under the payment. But we done so before we were behind.
    SORRY If i come across evil . i Just .. well nevermind... you gotta grow up on your own .. good luck with that

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Agreed!!!!! 10 fold! If you can't pay your bill, pay buy a Tracfone :-) my bill is auto deducted on the 20th of each month....had been since 1999.....am I a long time customer or what? Stop trying to beat the system and just pay your gobam bill! Be happy! How many people not only wish they had your phuking fone, but wish they had even a damn Kyocera domino.....shyte man, consider yourself lucky!

Phone
    Mercury M886

Sheesh . all im saying is i do not see how that if you have the money on the day its due to pay it you cant budget your money to pay it a few days earlier. or a week or so. I know money is tight for everyone now.. hell we had to sell a truck for way less then its value to get out from under the payment. But we done so before we were behind.
    SORRY If i come across evil . i Just .. well nevermind... you gotta grow up on your own .. good luck with that
    Like I stated previously.. I pay my bill on time at least 95% of the time..however, I'm not perfect. The other five percent I'm a day or two late, but I don't think that should make me a cheater or stealer.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    Hopefully you realize she's a woman. Only guys are 'bro'
    I realize that completely... however, I call everyone "bro". Its just how I talk. I apologize if it offends her, or even if it offends you. But its not meant in a disrespectful way

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

I hope everyone realizes that not everyone has the money to pay all the bills. I switched to Verizon and pay the same, if not LESS for better service. But with cricket I would go days or weeks without a phone. My family is lower middle class. Lost a house already. Our cars break every week. And everything nice we have is either gifted. Used. Or we saved up for a long time. Do y'all know how many cans I crushed for my S3? Too many. Point is. Cricket is for people who can't have a contract because they have no money. Like I said. A phone is a necessity. WHICH PHONE is a luxury.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    I hope everyone realizes that not everyone has the money to pay all the bills. I switched to Verizon and pay the same, if not LESS for better service. But with cricket I would go days or weeks without a phone. My family is lower middle class. Lost a house already. Our cars break every week. And everything nice we have is either gifted. Used. Or we saved up for a long time. Do y'all know how many cans I crushed for my S3? Too many. Point is. Cricket is for people who can't have a contract because they have no money. Like I said. A phone is a necessity. WHICH PHONE is a luxury.

Amen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information