Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Throttle fix??

Overall activity: 0%

Well put Salas. I'm in a similar boat. I have 3 kids and bills. If I'm in a bind..I'd rather not have my phone on for a week over not having electricity or diapers for my son. If I was with T-Mobile or Verizon say, making those sacrafices could ruin my credit. Plus,cricket works very well in my area and I can usually afford the bill with no problems.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    SamsungGS3/Mercury

Well, if you live in a REALLY bad neighborhood, a Cricket phone is a status symbol because everybody else has Obama phones lol. So lets all count our blessings!

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Very well put Salas, very well!

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

If your phone gets cut off and you need to call someone or check email, just text "bpay" to "4444" and it should be back on within an hour. I've used this before a few times.

Once Cricket texted me saying they would wave my bill for the current month, but it was only a week before it was due anyway.
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 09-08-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Removed joke about calling crack dealer

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I agree everyone needs a phone.. A CELL PHONE no..
    We have a basic home phone in our home from the cable provider. It cost 19.00 a month . a phone to use is 5.00 from walmart .. SO Do NOT Give me this crap about you cant go without a phone and you must have a cell phone..

Landlines in the home are becoming extinct. I would prefer a cheap cell over landline simply because I'm on the go a lot and would miss tons of potentially urgent / important calls.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

a girl friend of mine does the same calls out always Hey man how are you... ohh man this man that. DRIVES ME crazy because she sounds so very unprofessional ... She is a bit of a tom boy... and Quite young .. guess its a younger generation thing . I can tell its not meant to be disrespectful.. But if you done that to my spouse .. she would be in your face in a heart beat ..

Back on topic.. well actually second topic started in this thread . ALL im trying to say is if having a cell phone puts stress on your financial situation that you really should consider other options. YES Some people do need a cell phone.. But for most including myself at this present time Its just because i want it and its convenient when im out ...
    I am alot older then most in here . I have not always been as financially stable as i am today. But i have always budgeted my money and thought about next week and next month . This is why we own a nice home have a new car when we want it and able to get the new and latest things occasionally . IF you lean to do this when your young . BUDGET save and live within your means you will be much happier. I am far from wealthy in any way.But i think ahead... We all waste money just keep track of how much and you will start saving...

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

yea but a home phone 20.00 a month 5.00 for a phone cell phone 50.00 and can pay upwords of 2 to 4 hounded for phone.. Do the math

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Oh yeah Cuz there's a home phone when you crash at 1am in the middle of no where. Or when your locked in a closet because the burglar's are in the house. Or when your not home and an emergency is going on, and you're just out driving around enjoying your day.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Oh yeah Cuz there's a home phone when you crash at 1am in the middle of no where. Or when your locked in a closet because the burglar's are in the house. Or when your not home and an emergency is going on, and you're just out driving around enjoying your day.

Exactly. It's hard to even find a pay phone anymore. And if you do, chances are some dipshht ripped the handset off. Most stores won't let you use the phone and if it's at night many are closed. You can't flag down a person to help because nowadays everyone thinks someone is out to get them. Even asking to barrow a cellphone to make a call is hard since no one trusts anybody. What have we become? *sigh*

Totally not trying to "gang up" on anyone here, but in this dog-eat-dog world a cellphone is sometimes your only protection. If some shady mofo comes up and you pull out your phone, they think twice about messing with you... or rob you for it.
    Last edited by NeoZiggy; 09-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

No matter what, all things are relative to a person's personal situation. For some,a cell phone is a necessity. For others it is a luxury. In my case, purely luxury. Like Erica,i have grown into my abilities and financial situation, thus why i own 3 Mercs, not to mention that I haven't decided to sell my A1 or 2, our any of my 4 desktops our my two laptops, let alone VCRs, TV all that crap! Not that I'm rich, i just budget, and tend to horde stuff. that and what i own is older than most people on the internet or the internet itself, for that matter.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

all I got to say is..

I love this forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    No matter what, all things are relative to a person's personal situation. For some,a cell phone is a necessity. For others it is a luxury. In my case, purely luxury. Like Erica,i have grown into my abilities and financial situation, thus why i own 3 Mercs, not to mention that I haven't decided to sell my A1 or 2, our any of my 4 desktops our my two laptops, let alone VCRs, TV all that crap! Not that I'm rich, i just budget, and tend to horde stuff. that and what i own is older than most people on the internet or the internet itself, for that matter.

The only nice things we have are the S3, 2iphones 1 60inch LED Sony bravia TV, and the 2012 Camaro SS w/ Ground Effects. Well... my sister bought all... even my phone.
    Ps.. she is now a license nurse and everything so I'm expecting for her to buy me something good on my birthday

And you said you're broke? The nicest thing I own is my home security...Sig Sauer. 45 1911

Overall activity: 92.0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    And you said you're broke? The nicest thing I own is my home security...Sig Sauer. 45 1911
    *Off topic* I love sigs..we have a Mossberg 500 (pistol grip) over this way though

Quote Originally Posted by decepticonvisuals View Post
    I am. My sister on the other hand....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information