Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Unhappy Touchscreen not working... Suggestions please?

Hi,

I dropped my phone in a hot tub last night. I took the cover off and battery out, and let it dry overnight. I turned it on this morning and was happy that everything worked fine. Then it reboot itself, and now the touchscreen won't respond, at all, not the buttons on the bottom either.

Do you think there might be some water in it still? I plan on going to the store and getting some rice and tiny screwdrivers... I would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

edit: It's working now... I saw on another forum someone recommended putting the phone in the fridge lol weird, but it worked
    Last edited by chemicaes; 05-24-2012 at 01:13 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by chemicaes View Post
    Hi,

I dropped my phone in a hot tub last night. I took the cover off and battery out, and let it dry overnight. I turned it on this morning and was happy that everything worked fine. Then it reboot itself, and now the touchscreen won't respond, at all, not the buttons on the bottom either.

Do you think there might be some water in it still? I plan on going to the store and getting some rice and tiny screwdrivers... I would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

edit: It's working now... I saw on another forum someone recommended putting the phone in the fridge lol weird, but it worked
    I'm guessing freezing the water? Lol

Sent from my M886

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

any time the air is cooled with a compressor it is very dry air . My thought would be it helped dry the internal moisture . Curious if you have intermitent problems . Let us know

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

catman25 is RIGHT!!! working in HVAC i can see this working!! A fridge is the same as a AC unit! And Ac units do NOT cool ur house buy putting cold air in it believe it or not! It EXTRACTS the hot air and releases back in the house! and while doing this, it extracts the moisure! Thats y u have draining in ur airhandler! And does just the opisosite in heat mode for those who have a heat pump =D But i still like the rice better then COOLING the device to "condense" the moister out of it O_O

One time I had an iPhone 3gs and it had a bad mother board. The phone would reboot every 5minutes, but I put it in the freezer and it wouldn't reboot until it got normal again :P

Sent from my M886

Well, last night the touchscreen stopped working again I put it in rice overnight but it didn't help... how long should I leave it in there?
    And if it wont start working again at all, what do I replace? The screen or the digitizer?

Thanks

Well, last night the touchscreen stopped working again I put it in rice overnight but it didn't help... how long should I leave it in there?
    And if it wont start working again at all, what do I replace? The screen or the digitizer?

Thanks
    The phone! Lol take it to cricket and you should pay 20$ and get a NeW one

Sent from my M886

lol, really? I don't have insurance! And the little square on the bottom of the battery is red because it fell in water

Also, it was strange, because it worked fine for a couple days, and then the screen started acting weird and the power menu kept popping on and off... the screen responded less and less and now its dead!
    Last edited by chemicaes; 05-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.

lol, really? I don't have insurance! And the little square on the bottom of the battery is red because it fell in water

Also, it was strange, because it worked fine for a couple days, and then the screen started acting weird and the power menu kept popping on and off... the screen responded less and less and now its dead!
    You coulda still replaced it, but yeah the red square you're effed

Sent from my M886

Well, the water sticker thingy on the battery just fell off. Amazingly, the little white dot on the phone itself is still white, so I think i can warranty... but I have nubcakes rom on there and Potter Unlock isnt installed so theyll be able to tell right away that its modified. Is there any way to put the default rom back on and unroot my phone from Ubuntu or something? With no touchscreen of course...

Thx

Nevermind, just did it. Didnt realize I could use CWM with the power button as the select button
    Last edited by chemicaes; 05-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.

One last question - Is the circular white sticker on the back of the phone (with cover off) also a water damage indicator? I hope so, because its still white. The one on the battery fell off.zzz

EDIT

HA! what in the hell?

I saw on some crappy question answer site they told this guy to take out the battery, charge the phone, turn it on, shut it off, put the battery back in, and turn it back on. It sounded like a bunch of crap but MY PHONE IS WORKING 100% AGAIN! what the f!? I think it might have just been a random coincidence because thats a really weird fix.

anyway, its working well again... maybe the rice did the trick but it was just delayed?
    Last edited by chemicaes; 05-26-2012 at 05:58 PM.

One last question - Is the circular white sticker on the back of the phone (with cover off) also a water damage indicator? I hope so, because its still white. The one on the battery fell off.zzz

EDIT

HA! what in the hell?

I saw on some crappy question answer site they told this guy to take out the battery, charge the phone, turn it on, shut it off, put the battery back in, and turn it back on. It sounded like a bunch of crap but MY PHONE IS WORKING 100% AGAIN! what the f!? I think it might have just been a random coincidence because thats a really weird fix.

anyway, its working well again... maybe the rice did the trick but it was just delayed?
    I still suggest you get a new battery

Sent from my M886

Thread Information