Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Touchscreen turns off and on

The issue first started last night. Prior to my touchscreen becoming unresponsive, my phone began to drastically lag. IE 30 seconds to pull up apps menu, etc. I thought it was a lack of memory BC I was streaming live content online, so I restarted the phone. Now the phone doesn't lag but the touchscreen becomes unresponsive (but with back light still lit). If I press the power button off and back on this resolves the issue for a few minutes, although it may take several attempts. I don't understand why the touchscreen turns off and becomes unresponsive....obviously it works (I'm using my phone to type.this). Any help or input appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Re: Touchscreen turns off and on

Mine did the exact same thing after messing with an app called dsploit. I was testing MITM feature (ram and cpu intensive ) and everything seemed fine. Turned my screen on 2 minutes later and everything started to lag and then froze. Battery pull did not help. Finally let it sit for a while and it started working a little. Deleting dsploit app helped some but I noticed my launcher had to redraw all the time. Cleared all kinds of stuff but nothing worked until I flashed supersu by chainfire and phone has been perfect ever since. WTH!

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2000
    Phone
    Huawei M886

I am an extreme novice. Can you give me detailed instructions on what you did when you flashed supersu by chain fire. Any help will be greatly apprediated.

Overall activity: 7.0%

Re: Touchscreen turns off and on

Quote Originally Posted by lkn4latins View Post
    I am an extreme novice. Can you give me detailed instructions on what you did when you flashed supersu by chain fire. Any help will be greatly apprediated.
    Go to this thread

http://www.cricketusers.com/f55/%5Broot-method%5D-huawei-mercury-m886-easiest-root-via-recovery-29050/#post55693

And follow the instructions for rooting your phone but instead of using the "fastrootv3" zip go to xdadevelopers and search for the supersu thread. There will be a supersu.zip for you to flash in clockworkmod instead of fastrootv3.zip

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2000
    Phone
    Huawei M886

I did the above as you suggested, and the problem continued. I then upgraded to ICS and the issue still remains. When I boot into ROM and I choose update screen firmware; the return message tells me to check my firmware. Please advise.

Thread Information