Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Un brick Huawai Mercury ! Blue Screen of Death FIX !

Originally got the blue-screen of death
    Unbricked my phone!!!

My phone showed up as a blank drive when plug in with the pink screen. ( turn on power while holding vol up + down )
    then plugged it in my pc through usb.

Made a folder, named it "image" and placed all files from http://www.mediafire.com/?436fd21e7mklm7 in the folder.

( go to the bottom of the page and click "click here to proceed" on the link above for download )

Then replaced the recovery image that came with the above link with the custom recovery image found HERE

I also put a rom in the root of the drive, then rebooted into recovery, but when I rebooted into recover
    (power on while holding volume up),

I could see all my old roms, I guess the drive that was originally blank was the internal. If you need any help, I'm here. NO MORE BRICK! installed old rom !

BACK IN ACTION !!! HOPE IT HELPS, I HAD TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON MY OWN SINCE THE 1ST POST ON HERE WAS DELETED!
    Last edited by traviesocal; 06-04-2012 at 02:51 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I cannot seem to get out of the blue screen. I am following what you said step by step but I'm obviously screwing something up and I don't know what. I made the folder, named it image. I downloaded everything in mediafire and moved it all into the folder. Then I moved the recovery image that came with the file out and replaced it with the image that you provided (I already had that same image downloaded from one of the forums). Then I booted my phone into the pink screen and plugged it into the usb and nothing happened. This is where I get lost. What am I looking for when I do this? My phone still works fine if I take the battery out and put it back in but I can't get past the damn blue screen. I know your steps may sound extremely simple (and I'm sure they are) but, although, I've rooted a few phones in the past, I'm not what you would consider a techie. So could you break it down a little more...like what I'm supposed to do with my phone and exactly when? Thanks.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kalsteiner View Post
    I cannot seem to get out of the blue screen. I am following what you said step by step but I'm obviously screwing something up and I don't know what. I made the folder, named it image. I downloaded everything in mediafire and moved it all into the folder. Then I moved the recovery image that came with the file out and replaced it with the image that you provided (I already had that same image downloaded from one of the forums). Then I booted my phone into the pink screen and plugged it into the usb and nothing happened. This is where I get lost. What am I looking for when I do this? My phone still works fine if I take the battery out and put it back in but I can't get past the damn blue screen. I know your steps may sound extremely simple (and I'm sure they are) but, although, I've rooted a few phones in the past, I'm not what you would consider a techie. So could you break it down a little more...like what I'm supposed to do with my phone and exactly when? Thanks.
    DO NOT BOOT INTO THE PINK SCREEN. ( POWER ON WHILE HOLDING VOL UP AND DOWN )
    BOOT INTO RECOVERY!!!
    ( POWER ON WHILE HOLDING VOL UP )

Once you have all the files reboot into recover and install a rom or recover a back-up. Hold volume up while powering on. I installed a fresh rom and everything has been fine since. Let me know if you need any help.
    Last edited by traviesocal; 06-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Ok, this is starting to annoy me. Not you, my phone. Here's what I did: I turned my phone completely off. I deleted everything I did last night off my pc and started over. I downloaded mediafire. I put everything into a file on my desktop called image. I deleted the recovery file that came with that download and replaced it with the one from your link. Then I plugged my phone into my usb and hit volume up and power....and I got a blue screen again. I did this three times. But right before it turns blue, I see the Huawei logo for a fraction of a second.

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong.

Have you thought about putting this on YouTube? Reading it is one thing but watching it is completely different. That's how I was able to root all my other phones...and jailbreak my iPod...I watched someone else do it.
    Last edited by kalsteiner; 06-09-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Overall activity: 7.0%

Try taking your battery out then hold the buttons while plugging in USB (i think you must put the back cover on with battery out because of a sensor) . Keep holding the buttons for several seconds nd you should get to pink screen. Once the pink screen shows up you should see the drive on your computer. The image folder goes there (can't remember what drive is called but it shouldn't hurt if you put it in the wrong one it just wont work)

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jbrt; 06-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    Try taking your battery out then hold the buttons while plugging in USB (i think you must put the back cover on with battery out because of a sensor) . Keep holding the buttons for several seconds nd you should get to pink screen. Once the pink screen shows up you should see the drive on your computer. The image folder goes there (can't remember what drive is called but it shouldn't hurt if you put it in the wrong one it just wont work)

I have no problem getting to the pink screen. Problem is, when I do, nothing happens on my computer. Nothing pops up. Nada. Zilch. I'm just sitting there with a pink phone plugged into my laptop. And when I do what travie is telling me (volume up and power), I go straight to blue screen. It won't boot into recovery. I'm sitting there with a blue phone plugged into my laptop. I'm not seeing any drive pop up on my pc. What could be causing that?

If you don't even see storage like the SD card maybe you just need to reinstall the drivers
    The folder you're trying to put on the phone has the recovery img in it so you won't be able to boot into recovery until after that is replaced

Last edited by jbrt; 06-09-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

u will ALWAYS get the blue screen if u dont replace the recovery with salas CWM recovery! when u make ur image folder on ur computer u then boot into the pinkscreen no the blue broken screen! Then if i dont pop up, try browseing ur computer and look under ur drives! when u open it, it WILL have some kinda image folder cause if it didnt, it wouldnt even get to the blue screen! so then open ur image folder, and replace EVERYTHING this this
    xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/host/image

. . this includes salas recovery, LINK POSTED IN OP, so no need to redownload it from his post!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrt View Post
    If you don't even see storage like the SD card maybe you just need to reinstall the drivers
    The folder you're trying to put on the phone has the recovery img in it so you won't be able to boot into recovery until after that is replaced

Ok, that makes sense. When I rooted my Samsung Indulge last year, I had to download drivers. But when I started messing with this Mercury a few days ago, none of the instructions I read anywhere said anything about drivers. I Googled drivers and
    Free huawei mercury drivers Download - Huawei mercury drivers for Windows

is what I came up with.

I have no idea which ones are which.

Quote Originally Posted by kalsteiner View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. When I rooted my Samsung Indulge last year, I had to download drivers. But when I started messing with this Mercury a few days ago, none of the instructions I read anywhere said anything about drivers. I Googled drivers and
    Free huawei mercury drivers Download - Huawei mercury drivers for Windows

is what I came up with.

I have no idea which ones are which.
    Probably best to get the drivers from huawei website - when I first plugged mine in it automatically downloaded drivers so you may have to go to device manager and remove phone and let it completely reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    u will ALWAYS get the blue screen if u dont replace the recovery with salas CWM recovery! when u make ur image folder on ur computer u then boot into the pinkscreen no the blue broken screen! Then if i dont pop up, try browseing ur computer and look under ur drives! when u open it, it WILL have some kinda image folder cause if it didnt, it wouldnt even get to the blue screen! so then open ur image folder, and replace EVERYTHING this this
    xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/host/image

. . this includes salas recovery, LINK POSTED IN OP, so no need to redownload it from his post!
    That's how all this started....I was messing with salas CWM. Salas is perfectly functional, I'm sure. I just f*cked it all up. I still can't pinpoint what the hell I did wrong, though.

In any case, I appreciate your input, nub. One question...do I need to download any drivers for this?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

it pops up as a storage devices, how offten does a computer need driver support with a storage device? =/

I think the problem is you not going to you c: drive. If it doesnt pop up. Its under c: as a storage.. once you locate the storage drive, move the folder you named image with the files to the storage drive on the ph..

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post
    it pops up as a storage devices, how offten does a computer need driver support with a storage device? =/
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by traviesocal View Post
    I think the problem is you not going to you c: drive. If it doesnt pop up. Its under c: as a storage.. once you locate the storage drive, move the folder you named image with the files to the storage drive on the ph..
    I've taken a few days off from messing with it but I will take a look at that in the next day or two. Thanks.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I would love to say thank you for this.. I know i fukt up ANd i can pin point where... When i decided to format everything in the mounts category including systems and something else, then i relazied i f..ed up. I tried to hurry and restore the OS, but no response.. rebooted and got BSOD. I started panicking, posted on everyones board and irc. Then i did a search and found you. U made sense to me for the most part.
    I just booted staright to pink screen. While holding down the vol up and down, push and hold power button. When i get pink, plugged it in, and voila, autoplay comes up. I click open, its a blank folder. I simply transfered my Image folder in there and replaced the recovery.img with the one from SALAS. After that, unplugged fone, took battery out and booted to recovery.. luckily for me, i already had a clean back up in my sd card...

1... LESSON 1 Dont go deleting shyt if u dont know what it is.
    2.... LESSON 2 IF YOU DECIDE you wanna start fiddling with ur fone, i suggest you do a complete backup of ur fone with cwm and copy ur image folder, and store it somewhere safe on ur PC. (i did that)

Thanks once again traviesocal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information