Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

very wrong about my fix....S

So, as some of you may have seen, I had an issue with touch screen not working, depsite the appearance that all else was fine. I finally broke down and formatted every partition on the phone using ubuntu instead of cwm recovery. After replacing recovery and flashing a backup, phone worked great. That time. Once i reboot it, same problem, no touch response. So I formatted partitions again, and flashed a different, entirely stock backup. And it worked. That time. So i formatted amd flashed my entire 8 month collection of files since i owned the Merc. So it's down to this; I open cwm, i format /data. I fix permissions and wipe dalvik. Phone boots, touch screen and all and works great (stock ROM btw) until I reboot. Any effin ideas folks?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Take it to cricket and complain and throw a chicken at tech support

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

See, already talked to them. Warranty is no go so its $125 for ins premium. I have no job for about 3 weeks now. $125 is not possible. Also why I kept the chicken for dinner and spared the tech guys... So in the hopefully near future i will get another merc. But I'm keeping this one too, so if it could work, I'd love to make it so. But seriously, what would be writing to the /data or dalvik that makes touch not work after the second boot?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

It must be something extra that you downloaded to your phone, try using one of my backups

no, it's not. I've used all of my backups, including a few that are in stock condidtion with nothing else. I've factory reset and formatted EVERYTHING. That's what doesn't make sense,

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

maybe your digitaer is going bad, but not shot yet. have you tried replacing it?

James

I haven't sportwin, I'm still pretty certain this is a software issue, considering I can get the screen to work if I have a completely formated /data partition.

Banned
    Overall activity: 1.0%

try d/loading and installing one of the above mentioned roms.. If there is something currupt your rom/ backup from your phone might be just verifying files and skipping them..

it will not hurt and will rule out software issues . but it could be boot loader related ...

Well, the worry is over... This is sadly not because I figured it out... I mentioned that partitioning the device's filesystem through ubuntu was sometimes the only way to boot with a working touch screen? Well I finally clicked the wrong partition to format (I've only gone through these precise step 10 times). Needless to say, it was the bootloader partition (ironic you just brought that up erica. lol). So phone no longer boots AT ALL... Insurance to the rescue though, I'll have a merc in a few days, and now I have spare parts!

Thread Information