Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened?

Overall activity: 12.0%

What happened?

Crazy how the mercury discussion had slowly died off... is the mercury old already?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I would say they're too busy using their phone but Cricket Users does have an Android application (along with others, such as Tapatalk)..

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

There's not much to discuss.. You can't really talk about the features, how cool it is, etc. nonstop..

Customer Since
    Nov 2009
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I had this Mercury phone for about 2 months now, and absolutely the best cricket phone i had so far. Finally a phone that can last a whole day without a battery that last only 2 hours. I love almost everything about this phone and really enjoy it, only some dislikes i have is that it has CarrierIQ and can't get rid of it until i find ways to remove it, or flash it to custom ROM, which is probably not available yet. The video recording microphone on it, is very....eskew, what i mean is that is not good, but i read through posts that is probably some codecs issues and that the Hz is not set to USA, idk. I don't let these disadvantages get to me, i really love this phone and planning on keeping it until something wears off or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AzEBlueDragon View Post
    I had this Mercury phone for about 2 months now, and absolutely the best cricket phone i had so far. Finally a phone that can last a whole day without a battery that last only 2 hours. I love almost everything about this phone and really enjoy it, only some dislikes i have is that it has CarrierIQ and can't get rid of it until i find ways to remove it, or flash it to custom ROM, which is probably not available yet. The video recording microphone on it, is very....eskew, what i mean is that is not good, but i read through posts that is probably some codecs issues and that the Hz is not set to USA, idk. I don't let these disadvantages get to me, i really love this phone and planning on keeping it until something wears off or whatever.
    Nice review!

Welcome to Cricket Users!

I agree I love my mercury. It rarely force closes, looks stylish, and battery gives me a whole day. I'll keep it the Huawei Ascend P1 comes out and goes on sale in a year or so.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    HUAWEI Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Lewis View Post
    I agree I love my mercury. It rarely force closes, looks stylish, and battery gives me a whole day. I'll keep it the Huawei Ascend P1 comes out and goes on sale in a year or so.
    I love my Mercury. It has been one of the best phones I have ever used. I was on the phone all day yesterday from 7am till 1030 pm, about 4hrs talking the rest playing games, emails, youtube, and even letting the kids play on it. Not one crash and the battery was at 30% when I finally plugged it in. Great phone, highly recommended this phone to anyone.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

My only gripe is the poor microphone quality, to be honest its worse than any phone ive owned but I'm otherwise very happy with my Mercury, Ive been playing a lot of games and everything runs great, the internal speaker is crisp and loud, Wifi browsing is pretty snappy, Camera takes nice photos (other than a random green color cast in some pics) LCD display quality is very good, battery llife is good and the phone has been very stable for me.

I came so close to keeping a Samsung Transfix not realizing the Mercury had become available shortly after purchasing it, Luckily it happened before the 30 day return period, This is my first non-samsung phone in years (last 3 phones = samsung) but other than the mic issue this is overall the best phone I've had.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 01-29-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Overall activity: 12.0%

yep i'm loving my mercury too! Very happy with it...

Nice reviews everyone!

Verified Developer

Can anyone compare the Mercury to a Droid X? I am considering getting the Mercury, but it will need to out do my DX by alot to convince me to make the jump.

And we all know what happens if I have one in hand.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Can anyone compare the Mercury to a Droid X? I am considering getting the Mercury, but it will need to out do my DX by alot to convince me to make the jump.

And we all know what happens if I have one in hand.
    Honestly from looking at the Droid X specs I don't see anything that would make me want to replace it with a Mercury especially with the Droid X having a 4.3" display vs. Mercury's 4" .

Not sure what the battery life is like on the DroidX but I can usually get a full day out of the Mercury before needing a charge especially if I turned down the CPU speed a little with SetCPU.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 01-31-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    Honestly from looking at the Droid X specs I don't see anything that would make me want to replace it with a Mercury especially with the Droid X having a 4.3" display vs. Mercury's 4" .

Not sure what the battery life is like on the DroidX but I can usually get a full day out of the Mercury before needing a charge especially if I turned down the CPU speed a little with SetCPU.
    I figured as much lol, thanks

I'm clocked on Max performance. Never crashes. And I'm a real heavy user, my phone is at 100% at 5:30am and about 20% by 10. Of course with data off when not in use, no wifi-GPS, and auto brightness.

Phone
    GALAXY S4 MODIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    I'm clocked on Max performance. Never crashes. And I'm a real heavy user, my phone is at 100% at 5:30am and about 20% by 10. Of course with data off when not in use, no wifi-GPS, and auto brightness.

How do we overclock the mercury. Phone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information