Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Phone
    zte score

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticWeapon View Post
    Yep that's where I got mine. I'm in Oklahoma City working for a while and there's a CricKet store in virtually every shopping center out here. The case I bought at the time I picked up my phone was an Otter Box knockoff, and I broke the kickstand on it the first time I tried to use it. You wanna talk about bulky, that case was pretty bad.

Yeah that's the one I have It's too fat around the phone

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

How do you like ICS?... is the feature set of that OS distinguishable coming from Gingerbread?... what was it that made you switch to it?

i am actually not having any issues with it, i added ICS to the merc as soon as i saw it posted here just for fun, now i just use this merc as my demo phone to my customers. (My daily driver is my evo3d, also ICS)
    the merc is quite responsive compared to GB, and my customers (not techno savvy at all) like some of the new features that ICS offers (like "stacking" apps into folders, since they didnt know they could make folders in GB, lol).
    after adding ICS to my wifes phone, she has been enjoying it even more (she's not tech savvy either, but always had issues before the update). all in all, i say the update was worth it

Overall activity: 23.0%

Customer Since
    July 2010

I think the improved camera functionality and the ability to take screenshots of your screen, without installing and paying for a 3rd party app, are enough to make me want to switch to ics. I think I could find some uses for wifi direct as well, though it's a function I don't hear people talking about much. I've read through many of your guy's discussions about the ics rom that's posted here one the forum, and some of the bugs being described are simply deal breakers for me. I'm glad there are people such as yourself here that aren't afraid to try out a potentially buggy Rom, and let everyone know how good it works. I've always had cold feet when it comes to experimenting with semi-expensive electronics

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy Admire 2

I never knew how to use the built in screenshot :/ how do you use I?? Yes I already have ICS and I am rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidGio View Post
    I never knew how to use the built in screenshot :/ how do you use I?? Yes I already have ICS and I am rooted
    Volume down * power

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Customer Since
    July 2010

I installed one of the few "free" screenshot apps off of the play store the other day, and it made me agree to let it install a bunch of advertisement bullshit, and it changed my browsers home page to something stupid. Needless to say, I took a couple of screenshots with it, and promptly uninstalled it.

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

I think the improved camera functionality and the ability to take screenshots of your screen, without installing and paying for a 3rd party app, are enough to make me want to switch to ics. I think I could find some uses for wifi direct as well, though it's a function I don't hear people talking about much. I've read through many of your guy's discussions about the ics rom that's posted here one the forum, and some of the bugs being described are simply deal breakers for me. I'm glad there are people such as yourself here that aren't afraid to try out a potentially buggy Rom, and let everyone know how good it works. I've always had cold feet when it comes to experimenting with semi-expensive electronics
    camera..... oh i forgot about that, lol. my wife says for her the camera works much better than on GB, and she likes taking panorama pics as well.

whats this wifi direct? will have to look into that.

as for the bugs everyone is talking about, i actually never experienced any until i reinstalled ICS using the PST Tool method that is posted in this thread: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...s-install.html

i originally installed ICS through sdcard update and had no issues. when i tried the PST Tool method is when things got buggy, so i just went back to my original sdcard method and everything is back to running smooth as silk again

EDIT: read up on wifi direct, i have played with using my 3d as a hotspot, but never tried using my merc as one, will probably get that whole cricket tethering page if i tried
    Last edited by Rites; 09-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I installed one of the few "free" screenshot apps off of the play store the other day, and it made me agree to let it install a bunch of advertisement bullshit, and it changed my browsers home page to something stupid. Needless to say, I took a couple of screenshots with it, and promptly uninstalled it.

What app do you use to screenshot?

Overall activity: 2.0%

I added a Zagg and the kickstand case cricket sells. I also installed ICS, rooted, removed bloatware, and added a mouse!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    camera..... oh i forgot about that, lol. my wife says for her the camera works much better than on GB, and she likes taking panorama pics as well.

whats this wifi direct? will have to look into that.

as for the bugs everyone is talking about, i actually never experienced any until i reinstalled ICS using the PST Tool method that is posted in this thread: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...s-install.html

i originally installed ICS through sdcard update and had no issues. when i tried the PST Tool method is when things got buggy, so i just went back to my original sdcard method and everything is back to running smooth as silk again

EDIT: read up on wifi direct, i have played with using my 3d as a hotspot, but never tried using my merc as one, will probably get that whole cricket tethering page if i tried
    never did try that pst tool thing tbh. how well does it work? if you have any lags using ics, try installing fast reboot, seems to kill off the processes, tbh it helps...a LOT. lol. also the tethering thing will kick in if used on a computer, I think it has something to do with the browser and how it renders pages. I can use the tether feature on my nexus 7 just fine unless I change the user agent to desktop, then it starts showing those stupid pay for tethering thing.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

if it put links on your homescreen, and changed your browser homepage you can easily remove those and they won't come back. only thing you really need to worry about is the apps that ad adds to the notification panel....those are incredibly annoying -.-
    Last edited by Anthony S Burkett; 09-04-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Customer Since
    July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude130 View Post
    What app do you use to screenshot?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.screenshot

Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony S Burkett View Post
    never did try that pst tool thing tbh. how well does it work? if you have any lags using ics, try installing fast reboot, seems to kill off the processes, tbh it helps...a LOT. lol.
    I tried the PST thing only to confirm my theory of why people are having issues with the ICS update. I'm not positive of what goes wrong with the PST programming, but ICS was laggy when I updated that way. I just did the update through my sdcard as I originally did with my wife's and lag was gone.

As for tethering, using the chrome browser I don't get the cricket tethering page, but if I use any other, it pops up.

Sent from my Paranoid3D with tapatalk2
    Last edited by Rites; 09-07-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Chrome did it to me for the first time in a while yesterday. Dolphin and Browser do it almost instantly and consistently.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Rooted, TitaniumBackup, Superuser,ROMManager,SetCPU and the stock Power Saver widget. That is all. Scored a meager 4350 on Antutu Benchmark......still 4x faster than my A1 and almost 3x faster than my A2........speedtest.net shows dl and ul speeds that are around 10-15x faster than either A1 or 2.........I'm happy......for now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sportwin View Post
    Rooted, TitaniumBackup, Superuser,ROMManager,SetCPU and the stock Power Saver widget. That is all. Scored a meager 4350 on Antutu Benchmark......still 4x faster than my A1 and almost 3x faster than my A2........speedtest.net shows dl and ul speeds that are around 10-15x faster than either A1 or 2.........I'm happy......for now :-)

Bench marks are shyt.. to me, they are unreliable. Yet I score from 8-9000 with antutu. Still don't rely on it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information