Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    may 2000

won't go into recovery mode.

I have a mercury (m886) and have tried the pink screen cwm flash (a few different ones I've come across, if they're actually different, just tried a few to make sure they're not corrupt) and I can't get into recovery mode.. I could with the 'stock' rom I had on there, but there was no options for installing the root n stuff.

When I try to go into recovery mode, (either manually, with poweron vol+, or via the fastroot method) it sits on the huawai peacock and never comes back.. (also seems to sit there on poweroff charging mode)

I tried putting the original file back on, and it still isn't letting me into even the old 'recovery mode'

otherwise it seems to be working properly, boots up fine, all the apps run fine, (although does seem to be chewing up a lot of memory lately, even after deleting a lot, it fills back up quickly)

I'm running a 'stock' 2.3.6, that I recovered to after I didn't like ICS

any suggestions? (all I really want is root! and none of the apps/functions/scripts have worked)

when

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by LostboyTNT View Post
    I have a mercury (m886) and have tried the pink screen cwm flash (a few different ones I've come across, if they're actually different, just tried a few to make sure they're not corrupt) and I can't get into recovery mode.. I could with the 'stock' rom I had on there, but there was no options for installing the root n
    When I try to go into recovery mode, (either manually, with poweron vol+, or via the fastroot method) it sits on the huawai peacock and never comes back.. (also seems to sit there on poweroff charging mode)

I tried putting the original file back on, and it still isn't letting me into even the old 'recovery mode'

otherwise it seems to be working properly, boots up fine, all the apps run fine, (although does seem to be chewing up a lot of memory lately, even after deleting a lot, it fills back up quickly)

I'm running a 'stock' 2.3.6, that I recovered to after I didn't like ICS

any suggestions? (all I really want is root! and none of the apps/functions/scripts have worked)

when
    Try removing the battery then power into recovery.

Customer Since
    may 2000

Quote Originally Posted by creamdotcom View Post
    Try removing the battery then power into recovery.
    tried with, and without battery..

Overall activity: 8.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

mercury is a worthless phone

Went through 9 of them and cricket wouldn't do anything about it until I threatened to cancel my account after 8yrs then they decided to give me 2 months service free and $100 off a new phone. Now that doesn't matter since we will ALL have to buy new phones after the AIO Wireless merger.

Customer Since
    may 2000

this is my 3rd, first one broke 2 weeks after I had it, they refused to replace it, since 'the moisture detector had been triggered' .. umm I had the phone 2 weeks, and the closest to water it ever got, was in the same room when I was taking a shower. bought another, (since I liked it) and 6 months later they said "it was being recalled" and sent me a new one, and switched ein for free. kept the old one, and a year later when it broke, I switched back to the old one, been using it ever since..

I've flashed them all a couple times, but the last time with this one, I tried ics, didn't like it, so went back to a semi-stock GB, couldn't root it easily, so I gave up, didn't care, but now I wanted root, and nothing is working..

Quote Originally Posted by jelous87 View Post
    Now that doesn't matter since we will ALL have to buy new phones after the AIO Wireless merger.
    well they can merge all they want, I'm not buying crap, unless they give me 1 hell of a deal.. (and I've had the same number for like 14 years, so they better treat me well, cause the only reason I haven't switched to another service is I don't wanna buy a new phone right now)

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by LostboyTNT View Post
    'the moisture detector had been triggered' .. umm I had the phone 2 weeks, and the closest to water it ever got, was in the same room when I was taking a shower.
    steam is enough to trip the moisture detector. sorry man

Thread Information