Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

yet another simple question :D

good evening,
    Hope everyone is doing well and excited about ICS rom ;-)
    I rooted my mercury and i'm trying to backup my rom, as in if something goes wrong i can go back to original stock.
    I did custom recovery, but i'm just a bit afraid that if i do a romBackup and then restore it i'll loose something here and there. Is there a thread on how to do a full backup of your rom. so incase something is not working you could go back to where you began?

Thanks again and sorry for the newbe questions ;-)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by tardis_travel View Post
    good evening,
    Hope everyone is doing well and excited about ICS rom ;-)
    I rooted my mercury and i'm trying to backup my rom, as in if something goes wrong i can go back to original stock.
    I did custom recovery, but i'm just a bit afraid that if i do a romBackup and then restore it i'll loose something here and there. Is there a thread on how to do a full backup of your rom. so incase something is not working you could go back to where you began?

Thanks again and sorry for the newbe questions ;-)
    A backup backs up EVERYTHING, so anything that is on your current ROM will be backed up and when you restore it'll be the same as the second before you booted into recovery to make the backup. Backups and restores don't mess with the carrier flash. But since you're using the mercury you don't have to worry about that.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Overall activity: 1.0%

AWESOME, that's the answer i was looking for thank you soooo much! i'm backing up my rom right now just in case. On a separate SDcard that will be tucked away in a safe place (as you can tell...im a bit paranoid ;-) then i'm going to install my first Custom Stock Rom. and go from there!

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by tardis_travel View Post
    AWESOME, that's the answer i was looking for thank you soooo much! i'm backing up my rom right now just in case. On a separate SDcard that will be tucked away in a safe place (as you can tell...im a bit paranoid ;-) then i'm going to install my first Custom Stock Rom. and go from there!

You're welcome(: I hope it all goes well.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Thread Information