Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2014

Cricket 4G LTE Network Bring your own Phone

I have a voice line with cricket and now I want to bring my data line over from StraightTalk/AT&T Sim over to Cricket Wireless. I currently have LTE Service with straighttalk/at&T sim and service is half/half but I connect LTE. I checked the compatibility feature on cricket website and my IMEI comes back for 3G service which I do not understand. My Sony Z Xperia Ultra LTE C6806 has the following frequency specs UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV),
    1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
    GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
    LTE (Bands I, II, IV, V, VII, VIII, XVII)
    which match Cricket 4G Phones and Cricket Network frequencies. I had a webchat with Cricket and said they cannot guarantee coverage since they will not support units that do not come from them. I just want to make sure Cricket does not block bring your own phone units from there 4G LTE network and throttle them to 3G on purpose since the unit is not from them. Also does anybody know if Cricket blocks Hotspot service because Straighttalk/ AT&T sim do not block Hotspot. I like the pricing with Cricket....

Any info would be awesome.........or experience would be awesome.....

Regards,
    Edward Boothman

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2014
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

Well I can tell you that I'm running an AT&T Galaxy Note 3 with Cricket's $40 plan and I connect to 4G LTE in my area with no trouble at all. Also, Cricket has an 8mbps download cap regardless if its a Cricket branded device or BYOD. They do not offer a mobile hotspot plan add on, and I'm sure there are ways around that but it may be risky. Hope that helps ya out.

Customer Since
    Sept 2014

Thanks for the information. So assuming your hotspot tethering does not work to your laptop or other devices if so please let me know. I like to tether to my laptop sometimes in situations when there is no wifi......Straighttalk/AT&T Sim Hotspot is allowed and included in the 3GB allowance per month.

Customer Since
    Sept 2014

TechWaze is it possible you can send me the APN Settings you have which your getting 4G service or is it the same APN settings posted on Cricket's website for BYOP.

Thanks

Thread Information