Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Do you think Cricket should charge extra for 4G?

Do you think Cricket should charge extra for 4G when it comes out?

If so, how much, and why?

If not, why not?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

No charge for 4G because they didnt charge any extra for 3G so why charge to keep up with the times? it cost them litterally nothing to let our phones use the towers, all they have to do is maintain them!
    Not only that but on cricket we get the WORST customer service known to man, and the whole concept is for us to have a DECENT Cheaper Wireless Alternative.

Well, I think there are some reasons to change for it, and some reasons not to.

If Cricket does charge for it, I don't think it should be more than $5. I think $5 would be good for 4G.

They might want to charge because it costs them money to build out the network. DirecTV and Dish Network charged extra for HD, even though that is going to be the everyday thing soon enough. Now, they're offering deals for it to be free of charge.

Like you mentioned, they're just keeping up-to-date with the latest technology, so maybe they shouldn't charge more.

But, like I mentioned, it is going to cost them to build out their 4G network, and it is going to cost them to partner with Lightsquared for 4G roaming.

The thing is, we weren't charged extra for 3G roaming with Sprint.

So, there is a lot to think about. I don't think it can hurt to charge $5/month for 4G. If anything, it will help Cricket to keep their phone prices down.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

If Cricket does charge for 4g it will become just like other carriers. Expensive.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    If Cricket does charge for 4g it will become just like other carriers. Expensive.
    You wouldn't pay $60/month for Android?

What if it included all taxes (not just federal taxes) for $60/month?

Then, let's say it included 100 roaming minutes too, for that same $60/month.. Would you pay then?

These are things that I've been trying to get Cricket to charge. I think they should include all taxes and fees and include 100 roaming minutes on the $55 Android plan.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You wouldn't pay $60/month for Android?

What if it included all taxes (not just federal taxes) for $60/month?

Then, let's say it included 100 roaming minutes too, for that same $60/month.. Would you pay then?

These are things that I've been trying to get Cricket to charge. I think they should include all taxes and fees and include 100 roaming minutes on the $55 Android plan.
    Oh no, I would definitely do that.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Oh no, I would definitely do that.
    Alright, cool.

I'm trying to get into the marketing field, hopefully with Cricket, so we'll see how that goes.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Alright, cool.

I'm trying to get into the marketing field, hopefully with Cricket, so we'll see how that goes.
    Good luck bud!

Good luck bud!
    Thanks!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Oh yeah, I'd love me some roaming minutes and maybe 100mb roaming data. I'd have to set data roaming off and just use it when I need it like for navigation.

I think 4g would be good to them cause it would alleviate some of the networks. Just my opinion. Gosh GSM phones are so cool cause they go into 4g mode automatically (oh wait, I'm not even sure of that... Just thought the guy I was with in the UK was switching into 4g mode automatically). How does LTE handle it?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Oh yeah, I'd love me some roaming minutes and maybe 100mb roaming data. I'd have to set data roaming off and just use it when I need it like for navigation.

I think 4g would be good to them cause it would alleviate some of the networks. Just my opinion. Gosh GSM phones are so cool cause they go into 4g mode automatically (oh wait, I'm not even sure of that... Just thought the guy I was with in the UK was switching into 4g mode automatically). How does LTE handle it?
    Oh, I forgot to add the data roaming part. I came up with the same thing, 100 MB of data roaming included on the $55/month plan, and then 20 cents per MB after (which would come out of the Flex Bucket).

I don't know what you mean by switching to 4G mode automatically.. If there is 4G available, the phone should switch to 4G, just like our current phones do with 3G.

I just read that switching from 4G to 3G is automatic, but switching to 4G from 3G is not. I wonder why it's like that.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

With 4g Sprint phones, you have to enable 4g. If you have it enabled and you're outside a 4g area, it will suck up your battery.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

With 4g Sprint phones, you have to enable 4g. If you have it enabled and you're outside a 4g area, it will suck up your battery.
    I hope they improve the way it works..

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Do you think Cricket should charge extra for 4G when it comes out?

If so, how much, and why?

If not, why not?

Essintally I belive in a buisness concept that we should have to pay. I agree with you @ Avenue that shouldnt be no more them $5.00 to $10. bucks. To me an Extra $10.00 would be worth it to me.

As of now I do know there is not a one 4G capabile tower within 100 miles. my mom has the Verizon LTE WiFi Card and when she purchased it Verizon surprisingly did state that at this time there is no 4G in this area as of yet but the towers will be Upgraded within the next few months. My Friend has Sprint and same issue but sprint doesnt state that there is no 4G in the area as of yet, Instead placing blame on the phone itself.

But with that said I look forward to 4G i can not wait and will be willing to pay no more then $10.oo! thanks for this topic!

I stink at spelling sorry for my grammer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information