Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Overall activity: 0%

After many days, here is what I know to be true:

1. If the phone dies, your Wi-Fi and 3G die until you reload the system files(unfortunately this is a pain in the arse as you have to reinstall all apps like an OOBE).
    2. If you turn off your mobile network(From settings or the widget) the same is also true.

If anyone can solve this or anything, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Okay, I've been at this for 3 days now, and beyond frustrated. I've tried so many other sources, this one being the first, and nothing works. I keep getting the firmware is too new thing. And from what I've read, it needs to have certain settings turned off or on in order to downgrade, so I don't know what to do at this point. I have a droid incredible, which I bought from verizon in 2010, its a good phone, and I just would like to use it now that I'm not with verizon. Here are some of the errors I have encountered with unrevoked. "Failed to root, is your firmware to new?" "Failed to get root" "waiting for system to settle"(for 15 minutes) and ect ect ect. Most those though, and I can't get past this point. I've scoured google and this website, and every time I find some kind of solution to this problem. It doesn't work. And on top of that, how are there like 10 solutions to a single problem. Shouldn't 1 surefire solution work better then these 10 solutions? I don't know, I'm sure I'm just writing this in frustration.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Muffitt View Post
    Okay, I've been at this for 3 days now, and beyond frustrated. I've tried so many other sources, this one being the first, and nothing works. I keep getting the firmware is too new thing. And from what I've read, it needs to have certain settings turned off or on in order to downgrade, so I don't know what to do at this point. I have a droid incredible, which I bought from verizon in 2010, its a good phone, and I just would like to use it now that I'm not with verizon. Here are some of the errors I have encountered with unrevoked. "Failed to root, is your firmware to new?" "Failed to get root" "waiting for system to settle"(for 15 minutes) and ect ect ect. Most those though, and I can't get past this point. I've scoured google and this website, and every time I find some kind of solution to this problem. It doesn't work. And on top of that, how are there like 10 solutions to a single problem. Shouldn't 1 surefire solution work better then these 10 solutions? I don't know, I'm sure I'm just writing this in frustration.
    You didnt explain in detail "what you read about turning settings off/on in order to downgrade", so i cant comment on what you read. But here is the link to downgrade and root which will let you change/flash things. It works. I have done it on my spare DINC 2.3.4 and another here did it last week.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...html#post30307

*** Locked ***
    Incrediblec XD SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.07.0000
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
    RADIO-2.15.10.12.20
    APR 24 2012, 22:58:40

Is what it says when I hboot it.
    Firmware 2.3.4
    build number 4.08.605.15 cl389630 release-keys
    software number 4.08.605.15 710RD

Are the stats on the phone, I'm gonna try that link tonight and hopefully it works. I'll let you know, thank you for being patient with me, it hasn't been a good weekend for me, this aside even.

Okay so...
    Its saying "Failed to Flash Recovery"
    Recovery image: Custom.
    Thats with 5.0.2.0
    I have no idea what to do next.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I cant see what you did from here. So all i can say is to start over, go slow, print out the instructions, check off each thing in order on the list of instructions as you do it. I'm guessing you must have missed a step in the process.

The only thing I didn't do out of that entire list of stuff, is check the .img with md5 to verify. But it won't even let me do that. I clicked on all files since its not a .md5 file, and it just says it was unable to get anything from the image. So maybe its a bad recovery image? And if so, is there another one that someone can provide that is knowingly legitimate?

ok im way noobish first i dont have a cricket yet but i have a verison incredible phone im wanting to get on cricket so wich comes first the egg or the chicken next is im welling to pay 55 a month so do i need k45 and i dont want to pay 10 a month for tethering but i wiil need it whate looking back i think theres an app for that i think want im asking is do i need k45 for the app. to work

Phone
    Droid Incredible

im having the same issue when phone does my internet does not work i can txt and call but i can not browse or use market. i have to keep reinstalling busy box and greek45 and it normaly takes a couple of time for it to work . Is there a fix for this yet and is there a newer ROM

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

im having a problem staying connected to qpst. i hit "read from phone" and a few seconds after it disconnects saying cant be written to phone because another program has locked the phone.
    im not sure how it is locked or how to go about unlocking it...
    has this happened to anyone before?

Edited:
    already Rooted with CMW
    Last edited by gordies.swc; 10-21-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Try restarting ur phone and pc. For phone pull battery wait for about 10-15 sec and turn on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK so here is my problem my PC could not run the flash recovery to get root and other blah blah. So I skipped that part and went into QPST where i entered all details and bam i got internet and incoming MMS but not outgoing MMS. So is there a way to send MMS without root? i got the 3G symbol and tested MMS from other carrier for incoming and it works. Regular texts are working fine also ... Any help? thanks

Htc incredible & crickets tri-band market..did i miss this post?

support | Cricket Wireless

There must be a post on this board somewhere explaining that HTC Incredible will not work in a Tri-Band market such as Cricket's Las Vegas, NV Market?
    Same for metropcs.
    Phone doesnt work in Vegas.
    I get off the plane in California and it works great!

HTC INCREDIBLE IS NOT A TRI-BAND PHONE.

This could drive a ambitious Flasher crazy if not informed about tr-band markets.

Just my 2 cents.

JC

Customer Since
    oct 2009
    Phone
    acend

ok i started Windows HBOOT driver installation and i got to this part

but insted of this

i got this

can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10