Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    ascend 2

Flashing DINC to Cricket, any idea what's wrong here?

NOTE I have not gotten this working yet at all, this is not a guide, so don't do it.

Hello. This is my first time posting. I have been rooting and installing custom roms on my cricket phones for a few years just using guides online and have had some success making my ascend and ascend 2 slightly less horrible. I have been wanting to try flashing a phone for a while and picked up an Incredible on ebay cheap to give it a shot. Of course the guide here seems to be a bit out of date, along with many of the posts.

I realize it's alot to sift through and the phone is old as dirt, but if anybody sees this and can point out where i made a giant/obvious mistake I'd appreciate the input.

First I rooted, got s-off, and installed CWM following the guide here:

[HOW TO](gaining root)unlock,downgrade,and achieve s-off with htcDev - Android Forums

followed that to a t, and pretty sure i missed nothing.

Then I flashed a custom rom from the cyanogenmod site:

CyanogenMod Downloads

I went with cm-7.2.0-inc, it's running wonderfully.

Of course, i was installing all the relevant drivers along the way, including the diagnostic drivers. Then i figured out how to get the phone into diagnostic mode in CM7 here:

QPST DIAG Mode CM7 (Aka ##3424) - xda-developers

Finally I used QPST to reprogram the phone to cricket following the instructions here:

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...s-cricket.html

oh and i used the same prl I have on my A2 (45622), which is for chicago, but has worked for me here in baltimore for 2 years so...

The first time i did that part i called cricket tech support to do a number change and the guy said that he found the msid, but that the flash must not have worked cause he couldn't add it. So i read from phone in QPST and all the info was back to the "default", so, i redid the programming and wrote it to the phone. This time i unplugged, powered off, removed the battery and the rebooted.

Now Everything on in QPST matches the guide, but i was wondering about PPP config-->Um under the PPP authentication, the Tethered NAI value still is set to the @dun.vzw3g.com number. This box was not mentioned in the guide but it seems odd that it's set for verizon.

When i called cricket again a lady told me that she still couldn't add the phone.

Maybe having CM7 instead of gingerbread is screwing me up, I'm sure they won't like it at the cricket store. Anyway, since the whole point of this exercise is to do this myself i really don't want to go into a store yet. Any ideas?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Find a dealer who flashes, have them handle activation for you, instead of using cricket customer service

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Agree, see someone in person not over the phone. Also, dont let the cricket people *228 your phone after you set the NV items with QPST. It will revert some of those items back to Verizon.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

it will definitely revert on the DINC 1

Thread Information