Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Phone
    Evo Shift

Ah thanks for the quick response, I'd support this forum in a hot minute as long as I can get through the flashing process as smooth as possible, because I wll need my esn changed. The MIN-you mean from the Ascend ?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Evo Shift

Following the steps, android sdk ? u say optional can u elaborate please..

Overall activity: 0%

I have another question, I think i got everything except that i cant call anyone. It tells me that my account cannot be validated to contact customer service. I got Internet on the phone but the calls and txt wont work. Help Please ive been here trying to get this all rite for like 6 hours.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by sergio2468 View Post
    I have another question, I think i got everything except that i cant call anyone. It tells me that my account cannot be validated to contact customer service. I got Internet on the phone but the calls and txt wont work. Help Please ive been here trying to get this all rite for like 6 hours.
    Chances are your MIN (which you get from Cricket or your old phone) or MDN are incorrect. What PRL are you using? What town are you located in?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMajors21 View Post
    Ah thanks for the quick response, I'd support this forum in a hot minute as long as I can get through the flashing process as smooth as possible, because I wll need my esn changed. The MIN-you mean from the Ascend ?
    The MIN is the same number as it would be on your old phone. You can get this from Cricket also.

MIN

(Mobile Identification Number)
    A unique 24-bit number assigned by the wireless service provider (carrier) to each phone it sells or includes in service plans.

Unlike an Electronic Serial Number (ESN), a MIN is changeable because wireless phones may change hands or phone owners may move to another coverage region, requiring a different service plan.

The MIN and ESN are both automatically transmitted to the wireless network each time the phone is used to verify that the phone has not been reported lost or stolen and that all subscriber bills are current.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMajors21 View Post
    Following the steps, android sdk ? u say optional can u elaborate please..
    The Android SDK will let you do certain things like open up a command prompt and install applications from there (ie c:\android\tools\adb install c:\android\rootexplorer.apk - where the first is the location of adb.exe and the second location listed is where my application I want to install is).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

I have 2 questions.
    What prl should I use? Im in Houston, Texas? I see a couple but dont know which to get.
    How do i activate it after i complete this tutorial and do i have to change the esn of the phone?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by humanakeo View Post
    I have 2 questions.
    What prl should I use? Im in Houston, Texas? I see a couple but dont know which to get.
    How do i activate it after i complete this tutorial and do i have to change the esn of the phone?
    You can use any prl in Houston, since it is not triband. 42600 works really well there. If you already have an account and know your MIN, all you need is either become a supporting member here or call *611. Ask to set it up as Android CPE if you need the $55 plan (which is called 60Z, in case you have to call and explain which plan you need).

If you don't have an account, this is the preferable way:
    1. Reset SPC to 000000 on the phone.
    2. Load PRL
    3. Go to cricket to activate it.
    4. Program the phone with *228
    5. Go to QPST and set up MIP and PPP settings.

This way cricket won't give you problems with activating it since PRL is there and you do the QPST work once with your actual number.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

Are there any other prls you know about that is on there sticky thats good/newer? And is it easy to flash prls? or do i have to reflash the whole phone everytime?
    I have a cricket phone and is my MIN the 10 digit number in the settings of the phone that says "MIN" lol?
    And i have no problem, i will become a supporting member.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

On htc you can flash prl even without a PC. I attached the 42600 here. That's what works well here in NE and I tested it in Houston market also. You don't need to reflash the phone each time. All you need to do once the flash is done, is connect with DIAG, read from phone and go straight to Roam tab (in case of Cdma Workshop, "Other" tab). Load the prl and write it to the phone. And yes, your MIN number on the old phone is what you need. So, program everything into the phone and simply do esn change either through this forum, customer service or the store.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

thank you. i just became a supporting member. After i get my esn change will the phone be on or how does that work?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by humanakeo View Post
    thank you. i just became a supporting member. After i get my esn change will the phone be on or how does that work?
    You are welcome! Once the esn change is done, the phone should start working right away since it has prl, mdn and min. If you want to do the esn change via this forum, need to wait till Monday since they don't process changes on Sunday

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

lol aww man... I have a optimus c on cricket right now, will i send the esn and meid from the optimus c? i dont have to touch the evo shift at all through the procedure?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

You have to send the esn from your evo (that's why it is called esn change, since it is changing the current phone to a new phone on the account). Flash the evo all the way and enjoy it once the esn change is done. You don't need it activated before flashing, so better to do the flash first. Imagine if they transfer the number, and then you do the flash, but won't be able to You will be without a phone until they switch the phone back.

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

ohh.... i think i flashed it all the way lol... the 3g is on i can go to market and watch youtube... 611 gets cricket..... so this means no 15 dollar activatiion fee

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

ohh.... i think i flashed it all the way lol... the 3g is on i can go to market and watch youtube... 611 gets cricket..... so this means no 15 dollar activatiion fee

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Perfect then. Just do esn change and since you are a supporting member, just contact them on here on Monday (no fee for esn change here if you are a supporting member)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information