Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Speedy

You need to put the MIN and MDN, etc... on any new phone to be able to activate it, so yes you would put that on the shift, then you could call and have it activated or on here for free (after $12.99, 2 free esn changes a month) by becoming a supporting member. And if you already did all pst settings, etc... you should be ready to go.

2. Remove this advertisement.

So then that means flash NV items too then right? because I really don't see a mention of it. I have everything else programmed though and 3G shows (doesn't work because I haven't activated it yet)

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Phone
    HTC Speedy

Yeah you should. Change all of that and you should be set up. Let me know how it goes. If you need any other help you can pm me, its easier for me to reply when im not home that way.

Well I ended up activating it without flashing NV items and everything works for me. So I guess that wasn't needed. And Thanks for your help shifty

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Phone
    HTC Speedy

No problem. Did you do the apn backup? If your pic messaging still doesn't work just change the proxy settings to hostname: wap.mycricket.com and port: 8080

Yep everything works perfectly.
    Oh and I would've done the meid change through the forum but it was for my dads friend not my phone. Next time I switch phones I'll do it.

Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 12-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Hello,

I am new in this flashing world. Well I followed all of the instructions on this. I also have a rooted shift and everything was working perfectly. The only thing is I recently noticed that my mms just quit working. I can use the internet, 3g, talk and simple text but nothing with actual picture messaging. Again like I said I performed all the steps on this page and it initially worked. Sorry just needing some assistance with this.

Thanks,

Jon

Phone
    HTC Speedy

Did you change the apns? Even if you already did it wouldn't hurt to do it again, they may not have stuck

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

99% of the time it is the APNs issue. Just make sure you delete the previous ones and load new ones. 1% is when your wifi is on. When wifi is on, 3g goes away and mms does not download.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I will give that a try right now. I appreciate the support =D.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Hmm no dice =/. I wonder if it's the ROM I am using right now. I usually just load and reload a lot. I am using a hybrid rom with sense 3.0. But it doesn't make sense that I was able to send pics and then it just stopped lol. On top of it all this one doesn't even allow me to go into any ## mode to look =/. It's cool let me reflash it to something based off of a stock rom and see if I can fix it. I will let you know if I get stuck again. Hope everyone is warm if its cold where ever your from =D.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Oops I replied to my own sorry.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by OpIvy03 View Post
    I will give that a try right now. I appreciate the support =D.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Hmm no dice =/. I wonder if it's the ROM I am using right now. I usually just load and reload a lot. I am using a hybrid rom with sense 3.0. But it doesn't make sense that I was able to send pics and then it just stopped lol. On top of it all this one doesn't even allow me to go into any ## mode to look =/. It's cool let me reflash it to something based off of a stock rom and see if I can fix it. I will let you know if I get stuck again. Hope everyone is warm if its cold where ever your from =D.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Oops I replied to my own sorry.
    Try going to stock messaging app, when your there hit menu, go to setting, go to mms setting, go to connection settings, under mms proxy. Change it to wap.mycricket.com and let me know if it worked. Also some roms mms won't work and that why it stop working.

Okay I now Have a giant problem... The Evo can't send or receive messages, it can call and use data though.
    55 dollar plan, fully flashed according to video and what's written and completely stock 2.2.
    Every time I try to send a message it says "SMS Error Unrecognized parameter value"
    I even reset the phone using ##rtn# (resets MIN and MDN numbers and all user data) What could possibly be wrong with the phone?

Edit: And if I flash the NV items only 11 flash instead of 12 like my Droid X and then it constantly pops some stupid thing onto the screen.. "Data Call Failure - Error Code 131 .Sign-in failed. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again, If this problem persists, please go to [Settings\System updates] and select [Update profile]. If this problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint."
    And I've tried updating the profile with that, whatever that's supposed to be. This has to be the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with. Especially because it was working just fine before I gave it to the guy.

Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 12-18-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by NUNsLAUGHTER92 View Post
    Okay I now Have a giant problem... The Evo can't send or receive messages, it can call and use data though.
    55 dollar plan, fully flashed according to video and what's written and completely stock 2.2.
    Every time I try to send a message it says "SMS Error Unrecognized parameter value"
    I even reset the phone using ##rtn# (resets MIN and MDN numbers and all user data) What could possibly be wrong with the phone?

Edit: And if I flash the NV items only 11 flash instead of 12 like my Droid X and then it constantly pops some stupid thing onto the screen.. "Data Call Failure - Error Code 131 .Sign-in failed. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again, If this problem persists, please go to [Settings\System updates] and select [Update profile]. If this problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint."
    And I've tried updating the profile with that, whatever that's supposed to be. This has to be the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with. Especially because it was working just fine before I gave it to the guy.

First, on HTC phone u don't write the nv items. There is no need to do so and I think your problem is that u left the phone on mob + simple. When it should be on simple only

Thanks, now I know not to write those. I just reset the phone again so they're back to normal. Anyway I had it on simple, but I'm going to try it again. Hopefully it works this time.

Edit: Now it says mycricket.com as the banner even though I didn't change it this time, and if I put cricket it still says that.

Okay I finally got it working after many resets. I came across another thing I could reset then programmed it then it sent messages

So here are both things I reset:
    ##3282# >edit>data profile then menu and restore.
    Then after reboot do ##786# menu reset.

So if anyone ever has the same problem as me, do that.

Thread found here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1188964.html

Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 12-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by NUNsLAUGHTER92 View Post
    Thanks, now I know not to write those. I just reset the phone again so they're back to normal. Anyway I had it on simple, but I'm going to try it again. Hopefully it works this time.

Edit: Now it says mycricket.com as the banner even though I didn't change it this time, and if I put cricket it still says that.

Okay I finally got it working after many resets. I came across another thing I could reset then programmed it then it sent messages

So here are both things I reset:
    ##3282# >edit>data profile then menu and restore.
    Then after reboot do ##786# menu reset.

So if anyone ever has the same problem as me, do that.

Thread found here
    Evo Shift 4G on Boost Mobile. No Internet or MMS! [Archive] - xda-developers

That is very helpful because I had the same problem with someone phone.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information