Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift 4G

is it normal for my 3g speeds to be slow as heck now or should it be normal or wats causing it to be so slow? is my PRL ?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy2004 View Post
    is it normal for my 3g speeds to be slow as heck now or should it be normal or wats causing it to be so slow? is my PRL ?
    Prl sometimes are the mean cause of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Speedy

It should be normal. Mine works perfectly. You can try reflashing/checking all your settings in qpst, etc... And/or flashing a different prl, I use the newest hybrid prl

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

Something that sped mine up tremendously was when I went into the web browser.. hit Menu button, and select More/Settings/Proxy Settings.. enable WiFi Proxy, and set the WiFi proxy adress to 0.0.0.0 and the port to 0.

Seems to have sped up the browser, youtube, market, etc. on 3G.. doesn't make sense.. but niether does the fact that I have to have Wifi enabled in order for Youtube to work on 3G... And its probably not permanent.. There is something REALLY FLAKEY about how this phone handles internet data when running GingerBread.. Im seriosuly considering going back to 2.2...

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Metalguy66 View Post
    Something that sped mine up tremendously was when I went into the web browser.. hit Menu button, and select More/Settings/Proxy Settings.. enable WiFi Proxy, and set the WiFi proxy adress to 0.0.0.0 and the port to 0.

Seems to have sped up the browser, youtube, market, etc. on 3G.. doesn't make sense.. but niether does the fact that I have to have Wifi enabled in order for Youtube to work on 3G... And its probably not permanent.. There is something REALLY FLAKEY about how this phone handles internet data when running GingerBread.. Im seriosuly considering going back to 2.2...
    GB youtube settings: ##3282#->Edit mode->password: 000000-> Advanced->rtsp/http settings (make sure the rows are set as follows):
    1) 254.254.254.254
    2)0
    3) 254.254.254.254
    4) 0
    Works perfectly on GB HTCs.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

YEah Ive tried that.. and noticed no change whatsoever between those settings, and having the rtsp/http IPs set to 0.0.0.0

3G works and internet works...i called an activated the meid dec and even called again to double check after i could not make calls or text. They're are telling me my mdn and min are both exactly the same which is nothing I have seen before. Could that be possible? and I can dial *228 and 611, 611 ask me about activating a paygo phone or to check an activation. All my settings are correct and ive double checked many times.

and when dialing a normal number is says i am not authorized for use at this time.

im on 2.3.3 with 42600 and i live in omaha, ne. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Skylar Bowen; 01-26-2012 at 06:10 AM.

I recently just flashed mi phone htc evo shift followed thread thot i did everythng right but onli got talk and tex and the cricket guy want to tellme that even if it was fulli flashed i wud still nd the 55 dollar plan but not mi concern right now i need help gettn mms root and pic internet on it ,i was sure of a few thngs when i did it ima noob. Need help like what prl i use niagra fllas ny location andd like whats the msid l ol?? I tried the temp root to downgrade got stuck on it plz help i tried verifying the root and no acees plz sumone patient enuff to help me through it if u can text me or callme to set up a time we can do thbs 7169904856 mi flashed fone is on and mi huweii acsend still on at the same time everythng works on it still. both ring lol wierd srry for long message needed mi stry out for help

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Bowen View Post
    3G works and internet works...i called an activated the meid dec and even called again to double check after i could not make calls or text. They're are telling me my mdn and min are both exactly the same which is nothing I have seen before. Could that be possible? and I can dial *228 and 611, 611 ask me about activating a paygo phone or to check an activation. All my settings are correct and ive double checked many times.

and when dialing a normal number is says i am not authorized for use at this time.

im on 2.3.3 with 42600 and i live in omaha, ne. Any suggestions?
    If ur mdn, min, and even esn are correct. Then, I would say that u need to check ur prl. For some reason, so HTC phone have a problem with hybrids or some prls so I would say change the in cdma WS. Dial *228, *22806, *22804, *28807 or any which one that will work. Good luck

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Lebron View Post
    I recently just flashed mi phone htc evo shift followed thread thot i did everythng right but onli got talk and tex and the cricket guy want to tellme that even if it was fulli flashed i wud still nd the 55 dollar plan but not mi concern right now i need help gettn mms root and pic internet on it ,i was sure of a few thngs when i did it ima noob. Need help like what prl i use niagra fllas ny location andd like whats the msid l ol?? I tried the temp root to downgrade got stuck on it plz help i tried verifying the root and no acees plz sumone patient enuff to help me through it if u can text me or callme to set up a time we can do thbs 7169904856 mi flashed fone is on and mi huweii acsend still on at the same time everythng works on it still. both ring lol wierd srry for long message needed mi stry out for help
    Ascend shouldn't work at all but if u did do esn it will explain it. Now if 3g only work, then that is a different story on Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    If ur mdn, min, and even esn are correct. Then, I would say that u need to check ur prl. For some reason, so HTC phone have a problem with hybrids or some prls so I would say change the in cdma WS. Dial *228, *22806, *22804, *28807 or any which one that will work. Good luck

That didnt work, I tried all the PRL's on here and other sites and that never solved the problem. It would say it was successfully activated and restart the phone but it never actually activated. Still just saids your are not authorized for use at this time.

i nedd help asap i went from 2.3 to2.2 rooted my htc evoshift and installed clockwork3.0..1.4 and try toupdate jiminy cricket rom and it keep ssaying to update script and binary and idk what that even is??

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Lebron View Post
    i nedd help asap i went from 2.3 to2.2 rooted my htc evoshift and installed clockwork3.0..1.4 and try toupdate jiminy cricket rom and it keep ssaying to update script and binary and idk what that even is??
    I don't know why chris has not update most of his tutorials but you don't need to install the jiminy cricket rom because it suck. It not stable and there are better rom out there.

Try
    Team-Nocturnals Shooter Rom

or
    MikRunny Beta [Sense 3.5] Rom

or
    MikShifted-G v1.76 Rom

Last edited by avillal87; 02-07-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Updated disclaimer on Jiminy (in the EVO tutorial of course), but why in the freaking world would someone even think about attempting to install a Froyo ROM for another device on their phone? I guess this is better than the guy trying to install it on a SAMSUNG Epic 4G Touch.

I don't update a lot of these things because some of the methods change as updates get pushed out. I can only lead you to the river. You figure out how to catch the fish. Isn't a forum suppose to have discussion? I know a lot of people rather have this site work like this.... Chris does the flashing. Everyone sits back and waits and demands it be perfect. Then Chris gets put back in his jail cell until another phone needs to be flashed.

EDIT: I encourage users to redo my tutorials and repost. There have hardly been any tutorials posted by other people period. I encourage people to donate their time and effort to make them. Please outdo me. I want to be outdone.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 02-07-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Updated disclaimer on Jiminy (in the EVO tutorial of course), but why in the freaking world would someone even think about attempting to install a Froyo ROM for another device on their phone? I guess this is better than the guy trying to install it on a SAMSUNG Epic 4G Touch.

I don't update a lot of these things because some of the methods change as updates get pushed out. I can only lead you to the river. You figure out how to catch the fish. Isn't a forum suppose to have discussion? I know a lot of people rather have this site work like this.... Chris does the flashing. Everyone sits back and waits and demands it be perfect. Then Chris gets put back in his jail cell until another phone needs to be flashed.

EDIT: I encourage users to redo my tutorials and repost. There have hardly been any tutorials posted by other people period. I encourage people to donate their time and effort to make them. Please outdo me. I want to be outdone.
    Hey, chris am sorry man but am not trying to do that man. If i post it than no one will even look at it. You chris are the guy that everyone think is the go to guy and I agree. Am a noob but you are on ur own league. I will try to post more updates for the good of the forum and I apologize chris. I guess we forget that u have a life too. We all like to go out with girl and watch netflix. So thanks chris for all you have done for us. Thanks

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information