Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

APN not saving = MMS Problems and ?voicemail?

If I change the MCC/MNC values the apns disappear. I have tried apn backuprestore and manually adding the apns to no avail. I get internet through Greenk45 (awesome) but I believe without the apn for mms i am not going to received them.

Another problem is that my phone doesnt tell me when I get a voicemail.

I am running MikShiftedG rom on Shift
    2.3.3 with 1.08 radio with perm root
    Everything works except MMS and VM

Any information would be awesome and appriciated!

EDIT: This happens not matter what rom i try
    Last edited by BiohazardX2; 03-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

no one has any helpful insight?

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Backupandrestore app works great dude

just make sure you add you're number where is says "your number here"@mycricket.com

also make sure you only coping The Apns only

every time i copy and paste the apns to the folder,ive notice that it adds More that the Apns

I HAVE tried ApnBackup&Restore COUNTLESS times... it wont save if I edit MNC and MCC. If I dont change those I am at the same place i was before... without MMS and voicemail. I know to change the apn to include my number. This is driving me nuts and I have scoured the net without so much as a why this is happening not to mention no fix...

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

apn shortcut or anycut

(apn shortcut or anycut) I use these two they work pretty good on custom roms besides ICS...only HiAPN works there
    Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 03-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.

I dont think its an issue with what program i am using... i have tried manually and via an app. Im not saying anyone is calling me stupid but i am doing this correctly. I have tried on the origional rom which didnt work so i switched to cyanogenmod and mikshiftedg for roms and they have the same problem.

i could honestly care less about the MMS but i do need voicemail notifs. Not saying i wouldnt like MMS. but either way I would really like to know what is causing the APN to dissapear once the MCC/MNC values are changed. I have even changed the apn-config file in system and nothing changed...

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BiohazardX2 View Post
    I dont think its an issue with what program i am using... i have tried manually and via an app. Im not saying anyone is calling me stupid but i am doing this correctly. I have tried on the origional rom which didnt work so i switched to cyanogenmod and mikshiftedg for roms and they have the same problem.

i could honestly care less about the MMS but i do need voicemail notifs. Not saying i wouldnt like MMS. but either way I would really like to know what is causing the APN to dissapear once the MCC/MNC values are changed. I have even changed the apn-config file in system and nothing changed...
    Android references /system/build.prop value ro.cdma.numeric (310120 in this case, MCC 310 MNC 120) to populate the APN's screen. When you modify MCC/MNC the APN will disappear unless build.prop reflects the same MCC/MNC value you're inputting. You can leave the MCC/MNC values at 310120 or modify build.prop accordingly.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

I had an issue simular to that but my phone was'nt ringing and after trying a million things it was as simple as correcting the MIN number so it would ring and you have to have a local prl unique to your city and not a nationwide one that roams! I also bought it from ebay claiming full flash

i was able to open build.prop in notepad but i had a couple questions.

is notepad what i should be using to open this (it opens with notepad but just checking)

if the mcc is 466 and mnc is 05 would i have to enter it in as 46605 or 466005?

also there is like 5 instances where i see 310120 and some say sim (its cdma phone so i am confused on that) and some say cdma. i was not able to find ro.cdma.numeric specifically. do i need to modify all instances of 310120 or just a specific one?thank you

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

You u can go to setting, call, voicemail, voicemail settings, change it *99

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OK GOOD NEWS!
    I made a nandroid backup (if you screw this up it boot loops your phone)C
    Copied build.prop from system onto my computer and opened with notepad
    Changed every instance of 310120 (sprints mcc/mnc) to crickets which is 46605 (make sure your DONT overwrite any spaces/returns) and saved the file
    Changed the name of the old build.prop to build.prop.old and pasted the new file in the same place
    I also chmodded (using super manager) the new build.prop to match the old permissions
    I rebooted my phone and then APNBackupRestored the same apn.xml I have been trying to use and IT WORKED
    Rebooted my phone and tryied to send a text message... AND IT WORKED

One thing I noticed is that my time is going crazy is that because of daylight savings (which is today)? Or is this Cricket going crazy?

And @ avillal87 I tried *99 like you said with no changes. i still dont get notifications. i am going to reflash it here in a min and see if the MIN was incorrect. Hers hoping!

Reflashed and still at the same place. I have even tried replacing the phone.apk with one that has a supposed "fix" for this issue on the shift with the same results.

Anyone have any more suggestions for voicemail? The time was still going crazy but I manually set the time so thats no biggie.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Yes flash a different rom and see if the problem persist or get googlevoice apk its a far better vm then all the providers anyway, very customizable
    Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 03-21-2012 at 01:54 PM.

BiohazardX2
    Crickets MCC/MNC is not 46605, just to let you know its 310/16.
    MCC= Mobile Country Code, USA = 310 ALWAYS any carrier in USA = 310, Verizon, sprint, cricket, t-mobile etc.
    MNC = Mobile Network Code, This defines the network it belongs to, cricket is 16

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Also for the voicemail, you can either A) use a stock compile Phone.apk, or B) Find someone that knows how to patch the Phone.apk for you. While i can do this I dont have time my self to do it. I used to do it for every sprint phone, then it was a pain because each new software = new patch so not worth it anymore.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="cricket" numeric="310004" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="" />
    </apns>

this is what your apn should read I dont know about 16 but I have always used 004 and I never had any problems with mnc
    Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 03-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information