Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Since APN's end up changing the telephony.db record, here is another method i have used:

1. Install SQlite.apk
    2. Delete all the APN's
    3. Edit the entire telephony.db record with the info as shown in the post above (or various versions of it that work for you).
    4. Done. No need to worry about non-sticking APN's anymore.

This info worked for me on my dinc.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="Production" numeric="310016" mcc="310" mnc="016" apn="internet" user="XXXXXXXXXX@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
    </apns>

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

ok lets clear some things up. mind you mms is working right now. voicemail is through voicemail notifier with minimal problems.

1) Oli Tinsley - I am not flashing a different rom because that doesnt work (tried 3 different popular roms)... already went over that in the op. I DO NOT WANT A THIRD PARTY VOICEMAIL... I want cricket voicemail

2) Wiseoldman/oli tinsley/amoamare - i followed this post (below) on how to flash and that doesnt match the apns you all are giving me. I already tried 2 different phone.apk which didnt work and, as of right now, mms works but the time is weird (manually setting time is no problem). Why should I follow what you three are saying vs what this tutorial says which, after finally changing the build.prop, works? Im not saying you all are wrong I am just getting 5 different things told to me.

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

Besides if I change the mcc/mnc values to what you three are saying it will not keep unless I change the build.prop. I really do not want to loose MMS since I have never gotten it to work with cricket untill now but I would like to not have to worry about voicemail notifier being stopped as a service.

3) wiseoldman - you have the closest match apn to what I have now. does the name matter? and if I modify the telephony.db and install splite.apk will that fix my voicemail too? what about the time? if i changed the build.prop will i have to change it back to the original one or modify it to the new mcc/mnc?

If any of this is confusing let me know. Thank you for all your help btw!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BiohazardX2 View Post
    Why should I follow what you three are saying vs what this tutorial says which, after finally changing the build.prop, works? Im not saying you all are wrong I am just getting 5 different things told to me.
    Its impossible for people to guess over the internet what the same/right answer is with all the millions of possible combinations of phone software & hardware problems. Fly out to our city, bring your phone so we can look at it and we can then give the same answer. Sorry, just being real here.....

3) wiseoldman - you have the closest match apn to what I have now. does the name matter? and if I modify the telephony.db and install splite.apk will that fix my voicemail too? what about the time? if i changed the build.prop will i have to change it back to the original one or modify it to the new mcc/mnc?
    I dont have your phone type nor have i had the same phone issue you have so i cant predict what will happen.

BiohazardX2,
    I never told you anything OTHER then Crickets MCC/MNC that and to fix the voicemail naively you need a PATCHED phone.apk, getting a phone.apk from another ROM or SPRINT phone will not work. The phone.apk needs to be patched. The other option is to install A ROM that was merged with say an incredible or something similar to the device.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

ok lets clear some things up. mind you mms is working right now. voicemail is through voicemail notifier with minimal problems.

1) Oli Tinsley - I am not flashing a different rom because that doesnt work (tried 3 different popular roms)... already went over that in the op. I DO NOT WANT A THIRD PARTY VOICEMAIL... I want cricket voicemail

2) Wiseoldman/oli tinsley/amoamare - i followed this post (below) on how to flash and that doesnt match the apns you all are giving me. I already tried 2 different phone.apk which didnt work and, as of right now, mms works but the time is weird (manually setting time is no problem). Why should I follow what you three are saying vs what this tutorial says which, after finally changing the build.prop, works? Im not saying you all are wrong I am just getting 5 different things told to me.

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

Besides if I change the mcc/mnc values to what you three are saying it will not keep unless I change the build.prop. I really do not want to loose MMS since I have never gotten it to work with cricket untill now but I would like to not have to worry about voicemail notifier being stopped as a service.

If any of this is confusing let me know. Thank you for all your help btw!
    Fine dont flash a different rom I can care less my phone works and every one that I flashed works, even ICS roms. If my advice is useless to you then I wont offer it again. You never posted the type of phone the rom your using or the means of how you even flashed your phone and you expect people to jump out with a quick fix as if we're all mind readers at your service lol good luck! Also have you ever heard the saying "There's more than one way to skin a cat" well that's the truth, there's more then one way to flash phones and set up APN's ect. Different things work on different roms, phones and set ups, if someone does give you the right answer its simply by luck because we're all guessing and honestly you should be more greatful ITS FREE GOOD ADVICE!
    Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 03-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.

amoamare - I DID use a "patched" phone.apk specifically designed for this problem for this phone. 1 broke the dialer and the other didnt do squat to fix anything. i havent searched for a new one for a while so i may do that but in the mean time i will use vm notif.
    thank you for explaining mnc/mcc though. that probably is what is making the time crazy. i assume i will just need to change the build.prop again to reflect that. that does make sense I was just curious why the tutorial on this site is mistaken because that is what I went off of.

wiseoldman - that is an odd thing giving people instructions without knowing what the outcome is/will/may be nor knowing what information you are giving people which may potentially make more problems. i dont appriciate sarcasm btw... im just saying that you "being real" is borderline trolling

BiohazardX2- If it was causing dialer issues then the problem is what ever phone.apk you are using, you have to have one PATCHED for the rom you are using. If you are using the stock latest rom, then you need to find someone who can patch that phone.apk.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

HTC Shift (2.3.x)
    Go to: Messages(stock app) - settings - Multimedia messages (MMS) -Maximum message size - 500K( you can try with 1M), then Connection settings (MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com;

MMS Proxy:"blank";MMS Port:"blank"; MMS protocol:WAP 2.0)

Voicemail APP. Works on majority sprint devices.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60456912/VM_APP.apk

Ole Tinsley please read my original post (below) and tell me again that I didnt say what rom I am using. I also said in another post that I used the tut of this site and I linked it as well. For the record I have used Mik Shifted G (current), Stock, and Cyanogenmod.

I change the MCC/MNC values the apns disappear. I have tried apn backuprestore and manually adding the apns to no avail. I get internet through Greenk45 (awesome) but I believe without the apn for mms i am not going to received them.

Another problem is that my phone doesnt tell me when I get a voicemail.

I am running MikShiftedG rom on Shift
    2.3.3 with 1.08 radio with perm root
    Everything works except MMS and VM

Any information would be awesome and appriciated!

EDIT: This happens not matter what rom i try

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

did u try the app for voicemail fix?

amoamare - I DID use a patched one. that was back when i was on stock though (using a patched stock phone.apk for the shift) and I doubt there is one for my current rom but I am not going back to stock. anywhere you can point me on how to go about patching my current one? you dont need to tell me how but if you could point me in the right dirrection that would be great.

djisia402 - got that much taken care of thanks. btw it wasnt a size issue more of the mcc/mnc being incorrect for cricket
    EDIT: I didnt try your vm fix (i am at work so i cant install it yet). I will try later but right now I am using Voicemail Notifier and it is working for now.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Well I will give you a bit of advice and hopefully you will use it, When flashing to Cricket always use the stock rom to get everything working first before using a custom rom because build props cause issues with initial flashing to new networks. You can save yourself a whole lot of headaches using stock that way more people can relate to your issues and help you easier plus you can always go back to your nandroid stock if you have a problem flashing new roms and they dont work properly

BiohazardX2- You need to decompile the apk or build one from source from HTC, I dont have my notes but if you go through the source of a Verizon on and a Sprint one looking for notifications or voicemail etc, you will see where it needs to be fixed.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Oli Tinsley - i flashed the shift when i was on stock and then i decided to try other roms after full flash. not saying your calling me dumb but this isnt the first phone i have flashed . I have also kept a nice record of nandroid backups including stock. I decided to go to a different rom because i was suggested to that they work better for cricket users. MikshiftedG works almost exactly like stock anyways so i chose to stick with it. another point is I have been very greatful (notice the "thanks" in almost every other post) and i know there are many factors that relate to this. the main problem was the mnc/mcc values not wanting to be changed and there is literally NO info on how to fix this (or at least until this thread was posted). changing build.prop i guess fixes the apn from disappearing because it is the only thing that has worked. I will try modifying the build.prop to reflect the 310/16 and see where that takes me. I was only following a tutorial from this website and assuming it was correct comming from a reliable source. Friendly advice for in the future please read through everything before making an accusation/assumption.

amoamare - i am a total newb at using eclipse but i will see what i can do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information