Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

flashed my EVO shift but I think it wasn't done right

Ok recently I got a Sprint EVO shift and I went the cricket store by my house. Wen I walked in and was talking to this young guy I realized he didn't really know much. I should've just took my phone and went and gone home and logged on here cuz I pretty sure they do remote flashing. But this girl was kinda helping so I went ahead with it. Wen he was done I went home and I started the process of downgrading it so I can get root and get s-off. Well I downgraded and its rooted but been lazy to get s-off. I've been getting mms but it saying not downloaded generic failure. I looked around to fix it and dl the cricket settings on Google play still the same except in the setting for sms and mms I checked connections and for mmcs it says mms/mycricket.com/servlet/mms instead of the Sprint one. I can't send mms either. What should I do. I was thinking of maybe trying out different roms like I've heard others do but does that mean ill have to upgrade back to gingerbread. Im at froyo 2.2 cuz I wanted to root and get s-off. I was thinking of going ahead and doing that then try to fix the mms thing but I want to make things harder. I know this is super long but I need help and want yall to know whats up with the phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sorry I just noticed that I wasn't very clear When I said going ahead and doing that I meant going ahead and trying to achieve s-off. I just want to be clear so you know what I mean since I wasn't being clear above.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

HTC!!! My favorite ^_- . . . This happened cause you flashed a new rom! Each time you flash a rom, Mms settings changed on you device. (HTC Mms settings that is) i only gotten MMS to work with sense on the HTC device. So be sure its a sence base rom. If you wanna go Non-Sence.. make sure the backbone of sense is there so you can still run Htc's Mms and Htc's contact (to change mms settings)

Be careful when you try to achieve s-off im not sure on the shift... but the 3D i had to put the device in a bricked state. This cause ALL my flashed settings to reset! Causing me to have to reflash the device! Hope this helps you out!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    DEC 2011
    Phone
    HTC EVO SHIFT

Red face ROMS

OK i went back to stock rom on 2.2 and i still cant get mms to work. I cannot download to see any pics and i cannot send them it tells me that it failed. i hope you can help me cuz this sucks?? Any help will be much appreciated!!!!

UPDATE: WELL HOPING I CAN GET A RESPONSE FROM SOME ONE. I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF THEIR IS A CERTAIN ROM THAT WILL HELP ME GET MMS UP AND WORKING. I GOT INTO QPST (i think thats right) AND IT SAYS IM STILL BASICALLY ON SPRINT. IT SAYS XXX-XXXX(my number)@sprint.com IM PRETTY SURE THAT THAT IS WRONG BECAUSE IM NOT A SPRINT CUSTOMER! I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH. AND I TRIED TO GET INTO CONNECTIONS SETTING IN MY TEXT SETTINGS AND ITS ALL GREYED OUT. i WONT LET ME DO ANYTHING. I JUST WANT HELP! I USUALLY FIGURE THING OUT MYSELP BUT NOW I SURE THAT I CANNOT FIGURE THIS ONE ON MY OWN SO PLEASE NUBCAKE OR ANY OTHER CRICKET USER WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS STUFF **HELP!!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IT IS SUPER APPRECIATED
    Last edited by wanabegeekchik; 07-06-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: UPDATE:

Thread Information