Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

How to Permenantely Root your HTC Evo Shift on Gingerbread (2.3)

DevNull - HTC Evo Shift Rooting Made Easy

This site has put a package together that should get your through the rooting process.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer
    Customer Since
    Never
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Exclamation Evo Shift PERM ROOT TOOLKIT UPDATE

We created the tool kit a month or so ago. Version 1.0 went well, but now we have updated the toolkit to v3.5 allows to downgrade from Android v 2.3.3 Ginger Bread to v2.2 Froyo.

Once downgraded a Wimax backup can be made. Full root can be acquired, and you can re-upgrade to Ginger Bread 2.3.3 FULLY ROOTED with the newest over the air update patched and rooted!

The toolkit is updated at least once every 2 weeks if error's arise. So far i believe between Team Evil and Agrabren of #TeamWin we have this one locked down packed. We have started working on another exploit method as a counter attack for HTC's next Epic security fail.

We have also acquired Ice Cream Sandwich v. 4.0 and working to get an exploit out asap so the end user doesn't have to wait forever like last time with GB came out.

We're working hard guy's , stay with us!

Evil DevNull

Last edited by Evil_DevNull; 10-14-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Updating info

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Wow... Awesome work and glad you're looking towards the future. You'll probably help out more people than you can imagine.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Verified Developer
    Customer Since
    Never
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

We'll do what we can as fast as we can, just let your mod's know not to flag me thinking i'm a spammer, androidforums did that by mistake, then they realized i AM EvilDevNull lol

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You won't have any problems here. If you're not trying to sell GSM phones from overseas we probably won't delete your threads lol.

Verified Developer
    Customer Since
    Never
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

I think i can refrain from that... it's gonna be hard but... no wait.. what? can i sell girl scout cookies at least?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

As long as your wear the uniform I approve.

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

This is a nice reasonably automated solution for Downgrading to Froyo 2.2, rooting, and re-upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3.. However, if you use the ROM images included in this "kit", you end up with the wrong EPST.APK installed, and ##3282# will not function. There is an older EPST.APK out there, if you dig a little on the web, that fixes the problem.

If you don't care about streaming media, you can just use QPST to program the M.IP and PPP settings, and you'll have 3g web access, but no YouTube. You need a working EPST.APK to zero out the port & IP settings for HTTP and RTSP Proxy, in order to get YouTube working..

Also, for some reason, on my phone (with the above mentioned Gingerbread ROM,) in order for Youtube to work over 3g, Wifi has to be enabled (even if no access point is connected). This little quirk may be related to the latest version of the YouTube App, but watching Youtube videos from the browser exhibits the same behavior. Other websites that have non-youtube hosted streaming media work just fine over 3G, whether WiFi is turned on or not..

Strange, eh?

Thread Information