Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Ascend 2/OG Droid

Still no MMS...no matter what I try...

I've tried every method I could find...several times...I just can't seem to get mms on the gingerbread. I don't know if it's a problem with the Froyo roms too...either way...almost ready to go buy a Mercury...I really do like this HTC phone...but I miss lots of MMS...it's embarrassing to ask someone to email it to me...if anyone knows something that I don't...I would very much appreciate some insight!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save this.

Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (included in this thread and on the Market) on your Evo. Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the new APNs you just created.

You should have everything working now. Talk, text and Internet. I've already attached the .XML file its called Cricket.

Once all of that is done install the cricketmms.apk once thats installed,
    install the SMSFix-2.3.4 app and once its done open SMS Time and click "adjustment method' and select "use phone time". instead of using the stock texting app you will use universal CKT for you texting and MMS.SMSFix-2.3.4.apk APNShortcut-v1.0.apk apnbackuprestore.apk Cricket.xml

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 08-29-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Application ownership verified. Cricket MMS removed.

Customer Since

Did it work? I'm using a Flashed HTC Rezound with Icecream Sandwich and I'm not able to use most of these programs because it wont let me write APN's and I still can't get mine to work. The default M.IP is disabled and I'm not sure why but I can't get it to work. Great write up though. Thanks for the Cricket MMS. Very helpful.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by hdl13qwest View Post
    Did it work? I'm using a Flashed HTC Rezound with Icecream Sandwich and I'm not able to use most of these programs because it wont let me write APN's and I still can't get mine to work. The default M.IP is disabled and I'm not sure why but I can't get it to work. Great write up though. Thanks for the Cricket MMS. Very helpful.
    On the apnbackup&restore hit menu and disable ICS check. If not, go ahead and place apnB&R on the /system/app. Reinstall the app and it should work. If not go to /system/etc and edit the apn-config.XML file. If u can't post XML so I can do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

It also may help to throw the phone in airplane mode while you delete your existing APN and restore your new APN, reboot and then turn off airplane mode. The reason for this is it will suspend connections and actually see the APN you restored once you restore connections

Customer Since

What do I do if I can't write those files to the folders you listed? I don't think my phone is rooted even though I've tried several times with amon ra.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558532

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Root is not necessary, just download APN backup and restore, backup your APNs using that, in turn creates a folder to place the correct edited APN, then delete and restore and reboot, best if done in airplane mode

Customer Since

I'll try it. I don't think it will work. But it seems good enough to work.
    I was trying to use the APN shortcut that mraarbhimself put out and it takes me a list of APN's that are seperate from the ones that I can see when going into settings>mobile settings> CDMA> APN it shows me the default one that verizon installed and then locked. I added another APN from scratch there and enabled it. But I'm still not getting no joy. I think I'm about to say bite me ICS and go back to GB. Windows had the same problem with Vista and everyone went back to Win XP. When are they going to learn to avoid messing up a good thing?

Customer Since

I hate to bring up a dead thread. But has anyone ever got MMS to work with cricket? I have a rezound running clean rom ICS and the Verizon settings keep installing themselves and I can't seem to send pictures ever.

Thread Information