Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm new to a lot of this, I've had Cricket now for 10 years and have recently moved to a new home, my issue now is that I live in a basement of a house that gets almost zero Cricket reception/signal. I'm actually still using a Motorola Razr, with the Razr I get 1 bar if I'm lucky, it's not just Cricket though it's any CDMA network Sprint and Verizon also barely work in my home. I recently purchased a Optimus C and basically get no bars in my basement and 1x internet if I'm lucky. So here is my question instead of having to purchase a $350.00 signal booster/repeater is there a solution that when I'm only in my home I can switch to my Wifi/router and make and receive calls and make and receive texts somehow using Gmail and VOIP? and if that is possible would the person texting or calling my standard cricket phone number be routed to me thru Gmail? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    I'm new to a lot of this, I've had Cricket now for 10 years and have recently moved to a new home, my issue now is that I live in a basement of a house that gets almost zero Cricket reception/signal. I'm actually still using a Motorola Razr, with the Razr I get 1 bar if I'm lucky, it's not just Cricket though it's any CDMA network Sprint and Verizon also barely work in my home. I recently purchased a Optimus C and basically get no bars in my basement and 1x internet if I'm lucky. So here is my question instead of having to purchase a $350.00 signal booster/repeater is there a solution that when I'm only in my home I can switch to my Wifi/router and make and receive calls and make and receive texts somehow using Gmail and VOIP? and if that is possible would the person texting or calling my standard cricket phone number be routed to me thru Gmail? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You can try GrooveIP for calls and the Google Voice application for text messaging. You need Google Voice for both. So, I'd recommend giving out your new Google Voice number, or porting your number to Google Voice.

Is this still working out for you?

Phone
    EVO 4G

Well, I have evolved. Here's the path:

HTC EVO flashed to Cricket > $55 Android plan > $15 prepaid with VOIP > $45 Clearwire 4G plan with VOIP...combined this with my wifes Cricket plan credentials so that I could have 3g coverage for areas where I had no 4g coverage > HTC EVO flashed to Boost > Boost $50 unlimited plan with shrinkage down to $35 over 18 months

The VOIP was nice, but honestly it just never satisfied me 100% as the 3g/4g signal would fade some. This effected call quality and was not l just exactly what I needed. I have kids/wife and so I need to know that I have a 100% reliable connection.

I'm going to stick with Boost I think because of the true unlimited 3g up to 5gb for sure and maybe more. The call quality is great on the Sprint prl. I get all of the same conveniences/apps as sprint EVO users minus the 4g and no contract required. + my bill will go down to $35 if I stay with them.

If I were to go back to Cricket, I would just do the $45 plan and call it a day. Their Android plan lacks to much for the extra cost.

FYI, for any users with Wimax 4g phones, I signed up with Clearwire for a 2 yr plan at $45/month, but the first 2 months are $22.50. You can cancel within the first 30 days so its a cheap way to try out your 4g for a month. That's what I am doing.

Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ksechrest; 08-19-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    Well, I have evolved. Here's the path:

HTC EVO flashed to Cricket > $55 Android plan > $15 prepaid with VOIP > $45 Clearwire 4G plan with VOIP...combined this with my wifes Cricket plan credentials so that I could have 3g coverage for areas where I had no 4g coverage > HTC EVO flashed to Boost > Boost $50 unlimited plan with shrinkage down to $35 over 18 months

The VOIP was nice, but honestly it just never satisfied me 100% as the 3g/4g signal would fade some. This effected call quality and was not l just exactly what I needed. I have kids/wife and so I need to know that I have a 100% reliable connection.

I'm going to stick with Boost I think because of the true unlimited 3g up to 5gb for sure and maybe more. The call quality is great on the Sprint prl. I get all of the same conveniences/apps as sprint EVO users minus the 4g and no contract required. + my bill will go down to $35 if I stay with them.

If I were to go back to Cricket, I would just do the $45 plan and call it a day. Their Android plan lacks to much for the extra cost.

FYI, for any users with Wimax 4g phones, I signed up with Clearwire for a 2 yr plan at $45/month, but the first 2 months are $22.50. You can cancel within the first 30 days so its a cheap way to try out your 4g for a month. That's what I am doing.

Sent from my Boost'd Evo using Tapatalk
    Interesting.

I agree, Cricket's Android plan isn't worth $55 anymore.

I can switch to Virgin Mobile, and get more data for $45/month (with 1200 minutes, which is plenty).

I could also do what you did, and switch to Boost for $50/month, which will go down to $35/month. That's a great deal.

Thanks for the update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information