Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

$45 plan, Internet and MMS issues, will $55 plan fix them?

I have (my wife uses) a flashed Samsung Fascinate flashed to Cricket running on the $45 plan (using GreenK45 for 3G). She loves the phone, and moved over to Cricket from Verizon... but it hasn't been smooth for her. I originally flashed a Droid Incredible to Cricket for her and had issues with internet staying connected (had to reboot the phone multiple times per day) MMS (sometimes pics would come through, most of the time it would just saying 'downloading' and wouldn't come through unless she rebooted), and battery life was horrible even with an extended battery. So, we decided to flash her Fascinate and try it... same issues. Have to reboot the phone to get internet back, MMS sometimes works sometimes doesn't, and extended battery (that would give her almost 2 days life) is drained after not even a half day usage.

I just happened to be looking at what was using the battery and saw Google syncing it's apps was using around 50%. So, I checked out syncing to see what all was syncing and how often... Google Mail was stuck constantly trying to sync, assuming because it couldn't reach the internet, for like 9 hours (it tried connecting at 8am and it was around 5pm when I checked it). Because of the internet issues it seems background apps just constantly run trying to get to their internet services and drain the battery.

Anyway... I wanted to see if moving to the $55 smartphone plan would solve all of my issues? I wouldn't need to run GreenK45 anymore, but MMS? I've heard there are no MMS issues with the $55 plan, but how would that change if I'm having MMS issues now? Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm sick of her having issues and hating moving from Verizon to Cricket... even if she's saving money, it doesn't help much if she's lost her ability to use her phone like she used to.

Thanks
    Last edited by dallas4u; 03-24-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Not getting replies

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok... no one is biting... I just want to know if I can move from the $45 plan to the $55 plan and get stable internet and MMS on a flashed phone currently running GreenK45 for internet? I assume I just need to uninstall GreenK45? Do I need to do anything with the ASN?

I have a fascinate as well and had great internet, never had mms.. but that was probably just the way i flashed it. My internet stopped working a month or so ago and I cannot for the life of me get it to work. I just moved to the $55 plan today and no luck. I am going to try download greenk45 and see if it works. The fascinate on cricket is great! Especially when rooted. Good luck.. You can always have it professionally flashed.

Thread Information