Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Is the $55 Android plan worth it to you?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is.

2 40.00%
  • No, it's not.

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Is the $55 Android plan worth it to you?

Do you think the $55/month Android plan is worth the money?

I thought so a while ago, but I don't really think it's worth it anymore. I mean, compared to some of the contract carriers, I think it's worth it, but comparing it to Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile I don't think it is worth it anymore.

Virgin Mobile is $55/month for 2.5 GB with throttling at 256 kbps.

Boost Mobile is $50/month for unlimited, with shrinkage. After 18 months it will go down to $35/month.

Cricket is still $55/month for 1 GB with throttling around 100 kbps. I just don't think it's worth it anymore.

In order for it to be worth it, I think Cricket either needs to low the price, include more in the plan, or do both.

If they brought back the buy three get one free, that would make the Android plan $41.25/month. That's not bad at all.

I think they should also increase the cap to 2 GB, and revise throttling. I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again. I think throttling should be this way: After 2 GB, throttle at 500 kbps. After 5 GB, throttle at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I also think they should add 100 roaming minutes to the Android plan.

What do you think?

2. Remove this advertisement.

how do i post somethig like this i need help on something?

Quote Originally Posted by xXOSVALDOXx View Post
    how do i post somethig like this i need help on something?
    You choose "New Thread" and then you enter a title. You will then see a large box for text. You type it in there.

were does it say new thread?

1) Go to the main forum: http://www.cricketusers.com/forum.php

2) Choose the forum you're looking to post in. If it's about Cricket in general, then choose "General Discussion / FAQ". If it's about the Huawei Ascend for example, choose that forum.

3) Then, look at the left. It should be in green, with white writing. It will say "Post New Thread". You click on that.

4) Then, make a title, and type in whatever you want to type in the box below. You want to then submit the post, and you're done! Just wait and somebody will reply and try to help you out.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Do you think the $55/month Android plan is worth the money?

I thought so a while ago, but I don't really think it's worth it anymore. I mean, compared to some of the contract carriers, I think it's worth it, but comparing it to Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile I don't think it is worth it anymore.

Virgin Mobile is $55/month for 2.5 GB with throttling at 256 kbps.

Boost Mobile is $50/month for unlimited, with shrinkage. After 18 months it will go down to $35/month.

Cricket is still $55/month for 1 GB with throttling around 100 kbps. I just don't think it's worth it anymore.

In order for it to be worth it, I think Cricket either needs to low the price, include more in the plan, or do both.

If they brought back the buy three get one free, that would make the Android plan $41.25/month. That's not bad at all.

I think they should also increase the cap to 2 GB, and revise throttling. I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again. I think throttling should be this way: After 2 GB, throttle at 500 kbps. After 5 GB, throttle at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I also think they should add 100 roaming minutes to the Android plan.

What do you think?
    I hear from folks here that VM sucks and they buy phones/service from me.

I would bet no boost customer (or almost none) has been with them for 18 mos. I am sure you have to pay your bill on time every month to get the reduced rate at the end of the 18mos. Most prepaid folks dont always pay their bill on time so the odds of anyone, or very many getting that deal are sooo slim. And I hear boost sucks quite a bit too.
    YMMV
    Last edited by Woof; 08-20-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I hear from folks here that VM sucks and they buy phones/service from me.

I would bet no boost customer (or almost none) has been with them for 18 mos. I am sure you have to pay your bill on time every month to get the reduced rate at the end of the 18mos. Most prepaid folks dont always pay their bill on time so the odds of anyone, or very many getting that deal are sooo slim. And I hear boost sucks quite a bit too.
    YMMV
    Virgin Mobile has been having a lot of data outages, but Boost Mobile has been pretty good.

I think if you miss a payment, it just gets pushed back a month. I don't think it's a bad deal at all.

You need to be in a Sprint coverage area of course though.

I want to stay with Cricket, I just wish they'd revise their plan.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

When did they start that drop to 35 plan? Has it been out long enough for anyone to get there? If not I doubt anyone every will. Boost is famous for changing things like that. Someone will get close and bam promo dies, sorry.

wish in one hand and poo in the other. Call me when one is full. Bet I can guess right on which it will be every time.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

When did they start that drop to 35 plan? Has it been out long enough for anyone to get there? If not I doubt anyone every will. Boost is famous for changing things like that. Someone will get close and bam promo dies, sorry.

wish in one hand and poo in the other. Call me when one is full. Bet I can guess right on which it will be every time.
    I don't know how long it's been available. I think some people have gotten to the $45, and maybe even the $40.

Do you really think they'd take it away? I would think they'd grandfather people in. Virgin Mobile did that with their old plans. There are still a lot of people on the $25/month plan when it went up to $35/month.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I get people leave these companies and switch to cricket all the time.. Just remember what you see or think you see is not always what you'll get..

Think of a fast food commercial.. when you actually eat the food does it look or taste as advertised?

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I get people leave these companies and switch to cricket all the time.. Just remember what you see or think you see is not always what you'll get..

Think of a fast food commercial.. when you actually eat the food does it look or taste as advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post

I've actually read a lot of good things about Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile. What problems do they usually have when they come to you? The problem with Virgin Mobile is the outages, but Boost Mobile is just as reliable as Sprint.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I've actually read a lot of good things about Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile. What problems do they usually have when they come to you? The problem with Virgin Mobile is the outages, but Boost Mobile is just as reliable as Sprint.
    Hardly. Boost has gone back of forth from iden to cdma so many times no one is sure what type of phone they have or where it will work. Boost doesnt compare to Sprint at all.

Hardly. Boost has gone back of forth from iden to cdma so many times no one is sure what type of phone they have or where it will work. Boost doesnt compare to Sprint at all.
    Sprint has iDen phones too, just like Boost.

Isn't iDen going to be phased out?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If the data limit was a little bit higher, that would be nice for me. 2.5-5gb.

That's why I'm on the $45.

This Virgin Motorola Triumph reboots about every 2-3 hours. It's a known issue. I wonder if it'll ever get resolved.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information