Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Is the $55 Android plan worth it to you?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is.

2 40.00%
  • No, it's not.

3 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    If the data limit was a little bit higher, that would be nice for me. 2.5-5gb.

That's why I'm on the $45.

This Virgin Motorola Triumph reboots about every 2-3 hours. It's a known issue. I wonder if it'll ever get resolved.
    I wouldn't complain as much if the cap was at 2 GB and if they revised throttling so it wasn't as slow as it is now.
    Last edited by avenue; 08-22-2011 at 01:50 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

So far, with Boost, I have had 0 problems in terms of service. Of course, it's only been a couple weeks. As soon as I made the first payment, I did get a text to let me know I only had 5 more payments to go in order to get my first $5/monthly discount. I spoke to customer service a couple times and they were friendly, probably comparable to Cricket and maybe slightly more knowledgeable or helpful.

My voice clarity and data speeds ARE exactly the same as what they would be if I had Sprint. Boost rides Sprint voice and data exactly the same as Sprint customers. The only major difference is Sprint can roam on Verizon's network and Boost does not have that option. I've tested numerous PRLs and right now am running the latest Sprint business customer PRL. Data speeds vary alot depending on location but most cases range from 500-1400kbps DL. I've tried every trick possible to force roam on Verizon and can't get it to work. I did roam once 3 days ago while in a building with very little coverage. I was able to surf the net and make calls, but not sure if it was Verizon or who that I was roaming on.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Just curious... What are the data settings for Boost? CDMA WS QPST etc...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Just curious... What are the data settings for Boost? CDMA WS QPST etc...
    Look at the link I posted below and you will get all of the settings you need. I matched mine exactly like the author of the guide has in his pictures. For the project, I used CDMA WS, QPST, and QXDM.

Activating Boost(3 scenarios)
    1- you have a Boost branded phone
    2- you have a Sprint branded phone (non-premium)
    3- you have a Sprint branded phone (premium) or another carrier branded phone

From above:
    1- Add the ESN via the net or calling in, reboot, OTA and you are good

2- you need to activate a Boost branded ESN(there are many all over the net). Money is not required to be added to the account at this point and you can do this on the Boost website. Once you are ready to pay and activate your Sprint non-premium phone, call CS and switch ESNs. Just tell them it's a Boost phone, tell them not sure of the make/model(don't say Sprint and don't say a phone that's not listed on the Boost site), and they will activate it for you. Reboot and OTA and you are good.

3- For EVO, EVO 3D, Epic, or any other carrier's phone, You can either do #1 or 2 above. You have done the easy part. Now, comes the fun part. Download the attachment in post #1 found
    here

. I followed it to a T and my Evo works great. It took me redoing my work a couple times until I found this guide, which is the best info I have found on the net. It's not for beginners!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information