Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2 Seperate accounts trying to merge them.

I have to seperate accounts I registered both of them at the same address and mine is one area and my fiances is in another can i merge my accounts so I can get the $5 dollar multi line discount? I Live in Cecil County,MD my account is Wilmington and Hers is near Washington D.C have no idea why??

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

If they were activated with the same address they should be in the same market, unless one of you asked for a different area code for some reason. I know at first they activated me with the wrong market but I finally got it corrected.

I'm not sure how you would go about merging the accounts. You can call customer service, but if possible I would go into a corporate store. I think they have the power to do that.

Please let me know how it goes so if someone else has the same question we know the answer.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Goto a corporate store they'll take care of you, but I suggest waiting to do it a few days before the due date of the phone you want to put on the other account.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

You have to go to a corporate store or a premier with service store. Unless both are in the same name, both parties will have to be present or at least able to answer a call to verify the account. As mentioned, both lines have to be in the same market and you need to do it a few days before the bill comes due as technically you are disconnecting one line and doing an add a line to an existing account.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    You have to go to a corporate store or a premier with service store. Unless both are in the same name, both parties will have to be present or at least able to answer a call to verify the account. As mentioned, both lines have to be in the same market and you need to do it a few days before the bill comes due as technically you are disconnecting one line and doing an add a line to an existing account.
    Is it possible to change markets while keeping the phone number (without porting out and porting back in)?

Colione

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Is it possible to change markets while keeping the phone number (without porting out and porting back in)?
    No, the phone numbers on the account have to be in the same market. Due to billing system limitations you can't mix and match markets quite yet.

Yea both the phones are in sererate markets so thats a problem and I have no idea why diff markets both phones activated at same address???? Will they help me out at the corprate store like set up a new line for the other phone without chargin me for it I mean its pretty much correcting a error.

Colione

Yea, pretty much you want to wait until the 2nd phone (that you want to switch) is due. You're going to lose the number because it's in a different market. You would have to pay the bill for the line you are switching after they activate it (promotions may be available, not sure what is available in your market). The reason it was activated in a different market is because Cricket uses market clusters. baltimore/dc is 2 markets, under one umbrella. I'm assuming you purchased one of the lines online which is where the problem happened. It happens in my area all the time when the purchase is made online. In my area we have a promotion to add a line (with an existing phone) for $15. But, like I said, it depends on what promotions your market is offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Colione View Post
    No, the phone numbers on the account have to be in the same market. Due to billing system limitations you can't mix and match markets quite yet.
    It would be nice if they'd add that feature in the future. I mean, what if two people from different areas get married or something? I'm sure they'd want the $5 discount.

Colione

It would be nice if they'd add that feature in the future. I mean, what if two people from different areas get married or something? I'm sure they'd want the $5 discount.
    Yea, I was with ATT for 5 years before Cricket. They finally enabled it for business accounts, but still (as of 2 years ago) haven't enabled it for personal accounts. Not sure how much they are working on it since they have bigger issues going on right now.

Yea, I was with ATT for 5 years before Cricket. They finally enabled it for business accounts, but still (as of 2 years ago) haven't enabled it for personal accounts. Not sure how much they are working on it since they have bigger issues going on right now.
    I didn't even know Cricket had business accounts.. Are there different plans for business customers?

Colione

I didn't even know Cricket had business accounts.. Are there different plans for business customers?
    Sorry, didn't meant to confuse anyone. Cricket doesn't have business accounts, I was referring to ATT. They had it for business accounts, but not consumer.

But Cricket does make concessions for decent sized business accounts like auto recurring credits, device pricing, etc. Hard to come by though as they've gotten a little more strict on what qualifies.

Sorry, didn't meant to confuse anyone. Cricket doesn't have business accounts, I was referring to ATT. They had it for business accounts, but not consumer.

But Cricket does make concessions for decent sized business accounts like auto recurring credits, device pricing, etc. Hard to come by though as they've gotten a little more strict on what qualifies.
    Oh, I understand. Thanks for the information.

Crazy part is BOTH accounts were made online registered at same address and everything so i have absolutely no idea why diff markets and I live in elkton,MD but was given the Wilmington,DE Market with a DE number it doesnt matter to me just thought it was awkward but I will just talk to them at the store see any promotions or what not they have

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Crazy part is BOTH accounts were made online registered at same address and everything so i have absolutely no idea why diff markets and I live in elkton,MD but was given the Wilmington,DE Market with a DE number it doesnt matter to me just thought it was awkward but I will just talk to them at the store see any promotions or what not they have
    You both have different area codes, correct? At first they placed me in the wrong market, and because of that I didn't have a local number. They finally switched me to a different market to get a local number. I guess you were supposed to catch that both numbers weren't local. It is their mistake though. Let us know what happens when you go to the corporate store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information