Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: 45 with 3G?

Overall activity: 1.0%

45 with 3G?

i wanted to know if the 45 dll plan had 3G for my smart phone, because i read it was only 1X but i am not sure.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Oct. 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by jesusanchez View Post
    i wanted to know if the 45 dll plan had 3G for my smart phone, because i read it was only 1X but i am not sure.
    The Basics $45.00 dollar plan does provide 3G speeds. Cricket has a limit of 1 Gig (1024MB) of data on that plan. Once the 1 gig of data is absorbed Cricket reduces your speed to about 56k so that your a not completely cutoff from the network. Keep in mind this plan does not provide the data needed to run apps or purchase apps from app stores for a smartphone. Youtube, GPS, Gmail, and other apps needing Data are simply not going to work on this plan. A smartphone can run on this plan but at this point it limits the smartphones ability to use all of the features. I had a Ascend smartphone for over a year on this plan but was never satisfied with the limited features. Went with the $50.00 dollar data plan and have been very satisfied. I recommend you try the smartphone data plans well worth the extra cash.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by oc3ddie View Post
    The Basics $45.00 dollar plan does provide 3G speeds. Cricket has a limit of 1 Gig (1024MB) of data on that plan. Once the 1 gig of data is absorbed Cricket reduces your speed to about 56k so that your a not completely cutoff from the network. Keep in mind this plan does not provide the data needed to run apps or purchase apps from app stores for a smartphone. Youtube, GPS, Gmail, and other apps needing Data are simply not going to work on this plan. A smartphone can run on this plan but at this point it limits the smartphones ability to use all of the features. I had a Ascend smartphone for over a year on this plan but was never satisfied with the limited features. Went with the $50.00 dollar data plan and have been very satisfied. I recommend you try the smartphone data plans well worth the extra cash.
    i do not mind having only 1GB of data, just wanted to make sure the 45 dll plan had 3G because a friend of mine had 45 and only 1X so i was overthinking of it. and i cannot afort the 50 dll plan as im a student and do not have a job....

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Oct. 2010
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

I too have limit funds available for my smartphone plan. Look into Crickets bridgepay features. Cricket allows a one time partial payment to keep your services up and running. What is BridgePay and how does it work?

BridgePay is a flexible payment option available to Cricket customers. It allows a customer to make a $17 payment (per line of service) which is applied to the bill balance and a $3 $5 payment fee (this is a single service fee, not a per line charge). In return for this partial bill payment, the customer is given an additional 7 days (grace period) after their due date to pay their bill in full.

I made a bridge payment a week ago and my services have not been cutoff. This really helps when I have to really stretch my cash. Hope this helps.

Thread Information