Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    yes, tried multiple kernels. Right now I'm using the MikG ROM along with the kernel they suggested to load with it
    I'm assuming data speeds are working fine on WiFi, correct?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Correct, wifi has always ran fine

  4. #18
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Correct, wifi has always ran fine
    Alright.

    I'm more of a network guy, so I'll let valentinoh and the others take it from here.

    Sorry I couldn't help further.

  5. #19
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    No problem, thanks for the questions

  6. #20
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,250, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    valentinoh's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    378
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    No problem, thanks for the questions
    were the speeds the same with previous rom?

    Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

  7. #21
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    were the speeds the same with previous rom?
    Yes, always crummy.
    I had good speeds for about 2 months (1000+ down, 80+ up at home, and 1200/600 in most of town) when I first got Cricket service, then it went bad. Was on Fresh ROM, went back to a Stock flash, tried CM7, a few others whose names I do not recall at the moment, but always bad speeds.

  8. #22
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Yes, always crummy.
    I had good speeds for about 2 months (1000+ down, 80+ up at home, and 1200/600 in most of town) when I first got Cricket service, then it went bad. Was on Fresh ROM, went back to a Stock flash, tried CM7, a few others whose names I do not recall at the moment, but always bad speeds.
    So, even when you went back to stock, you were still having problems? Is it possible it's the network and not the phone then?

  9. #23
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    So, even when you went back to stock, you were still having problems? Is it possible it's the network and not the phone then?
    Possible, the store I went to blamed it on "this time of year" and "leaves coming in", if I'm going to have near un-usable service most of the year except winter though, they can take a long walk off a short pier.

    Going to keep trying ebay for a cheap EVO for about another week, then may break down and buy a Cricket Android to see if it has similar issues (or, I hope, if swapping my phone off my account for another one, then putting it back on will reset/fix whatever the heck is going wrong)

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,250, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    valentinoh's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    378
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0



    Well this is my first time testing my speeds ever I used speedtest mobile from the market

    If you know a better way to test please do tell

    Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

    wow pic is small

    $40 plan
    downloads 591kbps
    upload 704kbps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1308086176002.jpg  
    Last edited by valentinoh; 06-14-2011 at 04:20 PM.

  11. #25
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Possible, the store I went to blamed it on "this time of year" and "leaves coming in", if I'm going to have near un-usable service most of the year except winter though, they can take a long walk off a short pier.

    Going to keep trying ebay for a cheap EVO for about another week, then may break down and buy a Cricket Android to see if it has similar issues (or, I hope, if swapping my phone off my account for another one, then putting it back on will reset/fix whatever the heck is going wrong)
    Well, you've been having problems in town too, right? If it was just at home, and you live in the woods or something, I'd say maybe it is the trees, but if it happens in town too then I doubt that is the problem. Have you had Cricket reprovision your services?

  12. #26
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Well this is my first time testing my speeds ever I used speedtest mobile from the market

    If you know a better way to test please do tell

    Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk
    I always use the speedtest.net app. There is also one by the FCC that you can use.

    I've gotten better download speeds than you before, but I don't think I've ever gotten an upload speed that high! That's crazy!

    I'm throttled right now so my download speed is slow.

  13. #27
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,250, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    valentinoh's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    378
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I always use the speedtest.net app. There is also one by the FCC that you can use.

    I've gotten better download speeds than you before, but I don't think I've ever gotten an upload speed that high! That's crazy!

    I'm throttled right now so my download speed is slow.
    which plan are you on? honestly my speeds are great for what i do online no complain here

  14. #28
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    which plan are you on? honestly my speeds are great for what i do online no complain here
    Yeah, your speeds do look good. I usually get over 1 Mbps when I'm not throttled.

    I'm on the $55 Android plan.

    Yes, I know I wouldn't get throttled speeds on the $45 plan, but I'd feel like I'm ripping off Cricket and I don't want to do that.

  15. #29
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    I use the same speed test app, I really like it, also, you can export the results to a CSV file.

    I don't live in the woods, in the burbs, also, my best speed tests are at the Walgreens 1/2 a mile away (not super, but 60-120 beat single digits/timed out tests), and yes, problems all over town, even at Costco, which used to give me my best speeds.

    Have not done a reprovision, do I just call and ask them to do that? Anything else I should say, or will they start to ask me a bunch of 'why' questions?

  16. #30
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yes, I know I wouldn't get throttled speeds on the $45 plan, but I'd feel like I'm ripping off Cricket and I don't want to do that.
    Feel free to take it from them as the bandwidth I'm paying for and not getting ;p

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 06:41 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 02:21 AM
  3. Droid X Bootstrap Recovery Download
    By AndroidDude in forum Verizon Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 08:45 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner