Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    I use the same speed test app, I really like it, also, you can export the results to a CSV file.

I don't live in the woods, in the burbs, also, my best speed tests are at the Walgreens 1/2 a mile away (not super, but 60-120 beat single digits/timed out tests), and yes, problems all over town, even at Costco, which used to give me my best speeds.

Have not done a reprovision, do I just call and ask them to do that? Anything else I should say, or will they start to ask me a bunch of 'why' questions?
    Yeah, either there is a problem with your account, with your phone, or there are a TON of people on the network in your area, LOL.

You can try calling them. Just play dumb. Tell them your data speeds are slow. If you tell them you're using an Evo they might blame it on the flashed phone. If they don't say anything about reprovisioning or refreshing the account just ask them to do so. If they say it won't help, ask them to do it anyway. I'm not guaranteeing you it will help, but it's worth a try.

Have you thought about becoming a supported member here at My Cricket Forum? If you become a supported member, we can refresh the account for you!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

I actually have been thinking about it lately, I like the community here, the only thing really having me on the fence, is I may need to ditch Cricket if the issues aren't fixable :/

I actually have been thinking about it lately, I like the community here, the only thing really having me on the fence, is I may need to ditch Cricket if the issues aren't fixable :/
    Do you know anyone else with an Android on Cricket in your area? Do you think you could have them do a speed test?

Phone
    HTC EVO

afraid not, all my local friends waste their money on expensive service
    What gets me, is it was all running sooooo nice for like 2 months before hitting the fan.

I'm 99% sure it's either my phone or account, and not their entire service to the area, it's way too crummy to pass as acceptable to their user base.
    If I didn't have a flashed phone for them to use as a scapegoat and had this issue, I'd spend all day sitting in their store, screaming baby in arm, until they fixed it.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yeah don't expect proxied speeds to get much higher than that. You can expect higher speeds on the Android plan, but if/when you get throttled, you'll be in the cellular stoneage.

That's why I went with the $45 plan for the Gingerbread Droid 2.

EDIT: Nevermind... I thought you got 499kbps lol. Right now I'm getting really slow proxy speeds. I was streaming audio all day though. My house is notoriously bad for cell phone coverage.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

afraid not, all my local friends waste their money on expensive service
    What gets me, is it was all running sooooo nice for like 2 months before hitting the fan.

I'm 99% sure it's either my phone or account, and not their entire service to the area, it's way too crummy to pass as acceptable to their user base.
    If I didn't have a flashed phone for them to use as a scapegoat and had this issue, I'd spend all day sitting in their store, screaming baby in arm, until they fixed it.
    Well, I don't see how it can be your phone since you've flashed everything back to stock, which should be the way it was when it worked when you got it.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Well, I don't see how it can be your phone since you've flashed everything back to stock, which should be the way it was when it worked when you got it.
    The one thing I can't get is PRI 1.40, no where can I find a flash for it, and it's what I had to start with, but I've tried every other PRI/radio combo, and I fail to believe that is the only PRI which works, otherwise a LOT of EVO users would be mighty unhappy

The one thing I can't get is PRI 1.40, no where can I find a flash for it, and it's what I had to start with, but I've tried every other PRI/radio combo, and I fail to believe that is the only PRI which works, otherwise a LOT of EVO users would be mighty unhappy
    So, that's what you had when you got your Evo? You can't get back to that?

Phone
    HTC EVO

Correct, that PRI does not exist anywhere as a flash that I can see. Though, the issues started when I was on 1.40, and flashed newer/older PRIs to see if that would help fix the issues

Correct, that PRI does not exist anywhere as a flash that I can see. Though, the issues started when I was on 1.40, and flashed newer/older PRIs to see if that would help fix the issues
    Alright, my next question is, before you flashed ANYTHING, before you did anything to your phone, did you start to have problems with data? From what I remember you saying, you had already flashed your phone, then you started having problems, so you flashed back, and it didn't fix it. Is that correct?

Sorry if I've asked the same thing more than once. I'm just trying to get an understand of this. Like I said earlier, flashing isn't my thing. I'm more towards the network, so I want to keep saying it's something to do with the network, but I also need to understand that it can be the phone also.

Phone
    HTC EVO

I tried to keep track of changes made to the phone by emailing myself, I don't have everything in detail, but using that + my spotty memory (just had a child, so not really been sleeping much lately) here is the time line:
    3/5/11, Started service with an EVO I purchased from a cell phone store "flashed" for Cricket
    3/?/11, Resolved no GPS lock by soldering antenna contact back in place (GPS did not lock from the get-go until I did this)
    3/?/11, Resolved poor wifi range by soldering piece of wire to contact wifi antenna
    4/8/11, Flashed Fresh ROM over stock ROM to remove Sprint bloatware
    4/10/11, Resolved user/pass error messages that were the result of an incomplete flash by store (QPST setting, Simple IP thingy)
    5/12/11, Calls were dropping, so I did a lot of tinkering with PRI/Radio and PRL files. Throughout the testing, my data speeds remained around 1100 down / 80 up, left off on PRI 1.77, calls seemed stable, data speeds good
    5/13/11, battery life started to drop like a rock later in the evening (Was fine over night and in the morning), tried uninstalling all recently installed apps, to no avail.
    5/14/11, noted that data speeds are awful
    5/14/11 to today (timeline doesn't matter at this point since it's all post-data issues), tried everything I can possibly think of to resolve the data issues, flashed ROMS, tried all of the PRIs and PRLs again. Tweaked settings in QPST. Complete wipe, different SD card.
    Also, started to notice a few weeks ago, inbound call issues. At first I thought it was just my wife's t-mobile phone, but later found it to be other peoples calls not always ringing my phone. VERY random, no rhyme or reason behind calls making it or not. No idea how long this issue has been going on, could have been from day 1, since I didn't use the phone for calls much early on.

I tried to keep track of changes made to the phone by emailing myself, I don't have everything in detail, but using that + my spotty memory (just had a child, so not really been sleeping much lately) here is the time line:
    3/5/11, Started service with an EVO I purchased from a cell phone store "flashed" for Cricket
    3/?/11, Resolved no GPS lock by soldering antenna contact back in place (GPS did not lock from the get-go until I did this)
    3/?/11, Resolved poor wifi range by soldering piece of wire to contact wifi antenna
    4/10/11, Resolved user/pass error messages that were the result of an incomplete flash by store (QPST setting, Simple IP thingy)
    5/12/11, Calls were dropping, so I did a lot of tinkering with PRI/Radio and PRL files. Throughout the testing, my data speeds remained around 1100 down / 80 up, left off on PRI 1.77, calls seemed stable, data speeds good
    5/13/11, battery life started to drop like a rock later in the evening (Was fine over night and in the morning), tried uninstalling all recently installed apps, to no avail.
    5/14/11 to today (timeline doesn't matter at this point since it's all post-data issues), tried everything I can possibly think of to resolve the data issues, flashed ROMS, tried all of the PRIs and PRLs again. Tweaked settings in QPST. Complete wipe, different SD card.
    Also, started to notice a few weeks ago, inbound call issues. At first I thought it was just my wife's t-mobile phone, but later found it to be other peoples calls not always ringing my phone. VERY random, no rhyme or reason behind calls making it or not. No idea how long this issue has been going on, could have been from day 1, since I didn't use the phone for calls much early on.
    I don't understand why you can't get the PRI that came with the phone. If you had it before, someone online must have made a backup of it or something.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Have you checked your soldering points lately?

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I don't understand why you can't get the PRI that came with the phone. If you had it before, someone online must have made a backup of it or something.
    As I understand it, the EVO became rooted at first due to an early version of the stock ROM getting leaked. This early version had PRI 1.34. Anyone who rooted with this method (another means was discovered later) was downgraded to PRI 1.34.
    When the EVO was released, it came with 1.40 on it, which ran a lot better than 1.34.
    The process to go from your rooted 1.34 to 1.40 involved a lot of wiping and resetting of the phone, and eventually (after 2, or 200 tries) it would grab 1.40 from OTA.
    Before anyone extracted 1.40, 1.77 came out, and that work was abandoned, since it was better over-all
    The only way I can find to get 1.40 is to have your phone come with it, or do an OTA update (back in time, prior to the new PRIs being released. An OTA PRI update now, if I could even do one on Cricket, would get me 2.15)

Also note that with all the various PRIs, my speeds were still decent the day before. 1.77 peaked a little higher, sometimes seeing 1200, so that's why I picked that one over 1.90 (2.15 didn't exist back then, but after it was released I tried it, and it does not help my situation either /sigh)

As I understand it, the EVO became rooted at first due to an early version of the stock ROM getting leaked. This early version had PRI 1.34. Anyone who rooted with this method (another means was discovered later) was downgraded to PRI 1.34.
    When the EVO was released, it came with 1.40 on it, which ran a lot better than 1.34.
    The process to go from your rooted 1.34 to 1.40 involved a lot of wiping and resetting of the phone, and eventually (after 2, or 200 tries) it would grab 1.40 from OTA.
    Before anyone extracted 1.40, 1.77 came out, and that work was abandoned, since it was better over-all
    The only way I can find to get 1.40 is to have your phone come with it, or do an OTA update (back in time, prior to the new PRIs being released. An OTA PRI update now, if I could even do one on Cricket, would get me 2.15)

Also note that with all the various PRIs, my speeds were still decent the day before. 1.77 peaked a little higher, sometimes seeing 1200, so that's why I picked that one over 1.90 (2.15 didn't exist back then, but after it was released I tried it, and it does not help my situation either /sigh)
    So, are other Evo users on Cricket running the same PRI as you, and not having any problems?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information