Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: adios amigos

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

adios amigos

Well I got off the Cricket bandwagon

First of all, I'd been getting annoyed with Cricket because half the time when browsing the internet on my phone it would tell me that I was tethering (even though I wasn't) and would freeze my internet. I had to reboot my phone or put it in airplane mode for a while and clear my cache in order to get back online... then it would do it again. I admit I did use my device to tether once or twice, but this was happening EVERY DAY despite not being tethered.

Then my Evo3D died. So I tried to switch my service back to my previous Cricket device, a reflashed Evo4G. I called Cricket support only to find out that I couldn't do the swap on the phone anymore. Couldn't do it online either. They said I had to go to my local Cricket store to do it since it was not a Cricket phone.

So I drive to my local Cricket store. They are closed. Permanently. I'd have to drive 25 miles to the next nearest store.

So I got my backup backup device- a Cricket ZTE Score that I won from this forum in a video contest. I was able to activate it over the phone, but I started to look out for other deals.

I ended up going on cowboom.com and buying an AT&T LG Nitro HD for $150. I bought a Net10 AT&T SIM off ebay for $0.99 and signed up for Net10's unlimited everything plan. I am all about "Bring your own phone" service, and GSM carriers make this pretty easy. I didn't even have to unlock or reflash the phone.

I wanted to say thanks to the members of this forum. You guys gave me the customer support that Cricket never bothered to offer, and I learned a lot here.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

hope you stick around for the fun and cake. .

if it weren't for the perks i'd be some where else too. also muve music does make a good car radio. .

if i did jump ship it would be for this guy on some att mvno

Nexus 4 - Google

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

I tried to order the N4 for weeks and it was always out of stock... Then the day after I ordered my Nitro they got them back in, of course.

I'm pretty happy with the Nitro though. It is fast and it's running 4.2.2 on CM10.1; the battery life just isn't as good.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Well as much as I enjoyed learning how to flash phones and phone tinkering in general, I gotta admit getting the N4 was just what I needed to pull me away from cricket. I didn't have any major issues, and I sure as heck would never drive 25 miles out of my way to go to a store, Lol. Currently on T-Mobile's $30 plan while trying to figure out if the wife deserves a note 2 or s3.

Will still check out this forum cuz I love the community, ya'll have taught me quite a bit

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck if you ever have to deal with Net10's customer service. My first time went smooth but the second time went so bad I just ate the lost and will never go back to them.

Thread Information