Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Mar 2010
    Phone
    Samsung GS3

Angry

SIGNED!!! I'm not much for flashing my phone but the way I see it... it's just some uptight a**hole trying to control everyone. If you buy the phone you should do what you please. The company still made money off of you. So whatever the big deal is.. is beyond me. So lets hope for this law/bill to be denied! We have many more laws and/or bills that need to be passed that are a million times more important than this one.
    Last edited by proudmami; 01-29-2013 at 08:37 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since

I think cell phone carriers loosening money. Because people gets the nice phone from any carriers and move to next. They make money by there phone services not by phone sale. It's their fault y there come out of new phones every 5 month's. I have s3 now they talking about S4. I want s4 when it comes out but I'm in contract. I support unlocking flashing phone!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by roshboy76 View Post
    I think cell phone carriers loosening money. Because people gets the nice phone from any carriers and move to next. They make money by there phone services not by phone sale. It's their fault y there come out of new phones every 5 month's. I have s3 now they talking about S4. I want s4 when it comes out but I'm in contract. I support unlocking flashing phone!
    It is the carriers fault in more than one reason.

* High plans, people don't want to pay all $$ that and stick with them.

* Their fault for offering a "free phone" with service

Why offer the free phone if they are going to bitch about what is inevitably going to happen when people unlock it and sell it or stop paying their bill and give the phone a bad ESN? Obviously this is only a small percentage of people.

Also, they can recoup the money, just people like me with bad credit aren't going to pay the bill. It goes on your credit report, although you are not required to pay it, it's still a bill, and a bad mark on your credit. Just like any other "service" or things you get on credit.

I would never get a contract phone, they are crazy expensive for their plans. They offer the incentive for the "free phone" but charge almost double what some prepaid carriers charge for the SAME service.

Customer Since
    July 2008
    Phone
    cricket mercury

Oh great, tried to sign the petition and it's not found via the link

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    NEVER
    Phone
    Verizon Note 3

Link is working 43k of signatures Get everyone to do it. Your mom, your dad, aunts uncles, brothers and sisters. Whats next after this?

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

If you run a store put a computer on the counter and have your customers sign it.

Customer Since
    apr 2009

If I paid for my POS phone i..........

Just because some moron moderator for the Library of Congress decided to "modify" the DMCA to now include "flashing" or "unlocking" of phones as illegal doesn't actually make it law. Congress and the Senate write laws and votes to have them passed on to the president so he can sign them into effect. That's not the case here!!!

If I pay for a phone and I want to smash my POS with a freaking hammer I have the right to do that. Is that violating the DMCA? H-E- Double hockey sticks NO!!! So if I own that phone and decide to change carriers then I still have the right to flash that phone so I can use it on a BETTER service than the one that has been screwing me for the last 5 years.

Nuff Said!

Rusty Carver
    Conroe Tx!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid X

I view my cellular devices or smart phones as another computer device. I must be allowed to load or flash any approved os that my carrier allows access with. If i choose to use an older device fine. If i want the latest and greatest then I should be allowed to do so. After all I am paying the bill. PETITION Signed February 2, 2013! More than half way there and I am telling everyone that i know.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Signed, shared, and tweeted.

I don't draw my primary income from flashing but I do make some supplemental money from it. A lot of people do it as their primary job and this law would basically put hundreds or thousands of Americans out of a job.

Sent from my CM10.1 Cricket S3
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Signed!! This is not right!! It's YOUR MONEY, YOU BOUGHT THE PHONE! RIGHT? YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO AS YOU WISH WITH YOUR PHONE, smash it, run over it with a car, sell it, throw it against the wall, FLASH IT and continue using it!!!

i am signing it amed posting it to facebook. kiss my lilly white azz! if i have to pay 600 for a damn phone ill do whatever i want with it!

Overall activity: 46.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

The people who came up with this probably have stock in AT&T or Sprint and have noticed everyone moving to cricket which causes them to get jackcrap out of their exchanges. Some jackass in congress blowing up about Americans taking their freedom into hand and wanting to take it away. Is there a such thing as a cell phone militia? I wanna enlist. xD *signed*
    Last edited by biledigger; 02-09-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Customer Since
    1 year

Ive been signed, but people just signed is it still valid ? considering it ALREADY passed ?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Actually passed a whole ago and action should have been taken much earlier. I in part failed here, but it's still good to voice our opposition.

We'll see how much this is enforced as they will have toaapprove the carrier didn't provide you permission. Verizon LTE devices are unlocked these days since it was a stipulation when they obtained some spectrum. FCC made it a requirement for them.

Customer Since
    1 year

So many people are going to loose money,the real results of this is going to appear in a year, when new phones come out ..

Customer Since
    jan 2000
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

That is just doesn't make sense to me when you buy/purchase something it belongs to you. You should have the right to do most anything with it. Within common sense of reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information