Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Samsung Indulge

I have to believe it could be a good thing long term. ATT is already the underlying carrier for H20, Net10, StraightTalk, Aio, and many other MVNOs so it's not like they aren't already in the prepaid market.

Cricket's coverage area will also dramatically expand as 4G compatible phones become available.

Phone flashing was going away any way as phones switch to 4G LTE technology.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Maybe CDMA phones will go through the same unlocking as GSM phones in the future.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    2tincans
    Phone
    LG Regard

Positive or Negative impact for Cricket Users?

"Should I Stay Or Should I Go"

The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go - YouTube

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

hopefully BiG Guys will approve unlocking GSm phones .... next 6-9 months

Phone
    Galaxy S4

i just got done saving up for a while to be able to get the gs4 before i knew that was what i was goin to spend it on. Ill be super pissed if i cant use my cdma gs4 or somehow change the radio or w/e to gsm if AT&T gets rid of cdma on cricket. tho ill be super happy if they keep cdma and get LTE in chicago for cricket :P

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Well, some of my opinions or predictions... It's not good business sense to suddenly drop CDMA. CDMA and CDMA phones will still be in the pipeline for a few years or more. There is too much infrastructure in place to abandon it(right away).

If ATT & the industry considered CDMA as becoming an obsolete or costly system, then ATT would just let CDMA die a slow death in a few years. I could see ATT having Cricket Stores offer both GSM and CDMA for while, then a few years later dropping CDMA and letting customers transfer over to GSM with new phones and plans. Thats just one possibility.

ATT could be dividing up their "new business" and selling off parts of it over the years. Since the parts are worth more than the whole. Then ATT would absorb cricket customers into the "ATT system". Just another possibility.

Maybe they see CDMA as a viable competitor in a certain market and they want to expand that. Also, maybe Cricket was heading south and ATT could not pass up the bargain price and it met their low end expansion goals. Just more possibilities.

I will be curious to see if the Cricket/ATT help line will be any better. Or see what they offer to help Cricket Dealers/Sellers. And will Cricket/ATT become bullies and try harassing CricketUsers.com?

I was soo close to hitting that "buy" button on the gs4 too. I'm not sure what to do now. But if it means we'll get 4g sooner in the Portland area I'm all for it ( at least until AT&T doubles the cost of the plans)..... I'm so conflicted.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Here's Cricket's official announcement to its customers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CricketAnnouncement.JPG 
Views:	447 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	4397
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-14-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It looks like AT&T supports:

AT&T Mobility

United States

700 17 No September 2011

AT&T Mobility

United States

1700 4 No September 2011

and Cricket supports:

Leap Wireless

(
    Cricket Wireless

)

United States

1700 4 No December 2011

I never noticed this, but it suggests that in the future Cricket subscribers might be able to use some of AT&Ts existing LTE network.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-15-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

What makes me laugh is today I went into an ATT retailer because IF they make cricket users go contract, might as well go with ATT right? anyway, I asked if he had any information he could tell me...he didn't even KNOW about the buyout...or bid to buy out...so tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get any info at my favorite cricket store, they seem to know more stuff than the mycricket website puts out and they seem to know who to call if they don't know anything...I had a bad experience with ATT where they say I owe them $600 because I was under a contract and just quit...I pulled out all my paperwork, and at the time I was NOT under a contract...but they are still trying to get $600 from me...will that mean my cricket account will be closed? who knows? maybe a 7 year customer with cricket will now switch to Tmobile or Verizon (yeah I know verizon is about 2-3 times more expensive, but ATT retailers are well I'll keep it nice, they are more rude to me than I am to people I hate...)
    But, I do see the good in it...if they leave Cricket and the business model of cricket alone, but allow tower usage, they'll get more loyal customers not people that stay with them till their contract is up then leave to another company then come back and get a good deal on a new phone...but if they don't expand the Cricket network, then they better leave Cricket alone completely. But that's my opinion maybe things will have a good ending

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Most people don't care about their jobs this much. His job isn't to deal with Cricket though. The announcement only came out Friday and there will be at least 6-9 months where nothing... absolutely nothing will change (most likely). I bet you couldn't go into an AT&T store and find out much information about the prepaid company they own... AIO Wireless.

Why would they force Cricket to be a contract carrier? That wouldn't make sense. It would be like Chevy buying out Ford and the first thing they do is put LS motors in the Mustangs.

There are easier ways to drive the carrier into the ground and be less obvious. The have GoPhone plans and AIO which is a model for prepaid wireless.

Well those are just my fears...mind you I understand about companies driving others into the ground via buyouts...worked in the RV business...2 companies I worked for got bought out...then ran into the ground and out of business...I can see ATT raising prices for cricket...taking away unlimited plans...or making it so that you cannot use the phone you have now on the network...either way...there's good and bad things about it all...but who knows...I'm looking up other carriers just in case...if worse comes to worse...I never had bad experiences with Tmobile but I'll see what happens in a few months.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Current plans align pretty well with AIO. As far as how they will handle flashed phones and Cricket's use of Sprint's network... That's what has me curious.

I could see them deliberately killing Cricket just to obtain the AWS spectrum. Have to play nice until they are in the clear with the FCC.

well the bad thing is I've got a Huawei M750 and I'm looking for a new phone..I'm worried that if six months to a year I'm going to be forced to buy a new phone...I keep phones for 2-3 years before getting a new don't wanna get a new one within a year of getting a phone...which I'm waiting to the Samsung Admire 2 comes out on cricket...if it comes out soon I may get it...but I don't wanna jump into it until there's more info...which if there's still a bunch of unknowns...My poor M750 has been dropped so many times it's starting to turn off and not turn back on until i take out the battery for 15 minutes...

Overall activity: 1.0%

I've been in the know about this for years, AT&T and LEAP have been ironing out this deal for about 5-6 years now. I even have for jacked slideshows from corp to prove it.

What I know is this.

1. Indirect priority will be given the the existing AT&T indirects. Expect to be shut down if you are near one

2. AT&T wont shut down the CDMA network for a year at least. By then most of the phones out there by then will have very little value anyways. They will start with denying new activation followed by a buyback program for the stragglers. People that refuse both will be sent a final warning via mail or text then disconnected a month or so afterwards.

3. If you work in a corporate store expect for them to find a way to fire you as they have been doing to the workforce for the past few years. Cricket will find any way they can now to reduce payouts. My suggestion is to start looking for a new job soon.

4. In the long run this is much better than the bankruptcy that seemed so imminent when I was working there. They were doing rob peter to pay paul loans left and right so I think honestly this was a much better route. Also keep in mind that LEAP had a massive debt and the only people that could touch them was the one company that the government will be forced to bail out. Automakers can die but a USA without AT&T's fiber network would be a dead country/

5. I wish the best to all employees that work there and hope the best for your future. I just don't think there's much time left there based on past cellular requisitions I have seen. I expect maybe 7-10% to be brought over into AT&T and the rest sent home looking for a new job. The point of my rant is this, If you are a store level employee start looking for a new job.... No ifs.. ands.... or buts... Ask anyone that worked for alltel, suncom, or GTE/Telego. I have been around the block so take my words of advice and look into other jobs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information