Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: bad esn cricket

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

bad esn cricket

i see plenty of bad esn cricket phones on ebay. I have read places that say the esn may be clear in a couple months... Can someone here clear it up for me?

does bad esn on cricket mean the same as every other phone company?
    can the bad esn be cleared up by me if I buy the device?

sorry if it has already been asked!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Bad esn on Sprint, Verizon,AT&T,etc., should be able to be connected to cricket. iirc, a bad esn can only not be connected to the company the bad esn is registered to. As far as merc is concerned. It is very easy to take your merc heart out and simply swap it into a donor merc body. I've done this several times because of broken screens or damaged bodies. If you swap out the heart you need do nothing except turn it on as if nothing ever happened. If you need help, pm me and I'll walk you through it.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I was wanting to buy an s4, but the money thing....... But most of them in my price range have a bad ESN. I want a cricket because I use MMS every day. but some sites say the cricket esn will clear up in a couple months if it is not stolen.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

That is correct. It is up to 90 days....providing the phone is in fact not stolen. I waited about 30-40 days for one of my mercs esn to clear. I called tech support and cricket verified exactly that. Up to 90 days. It is usually due to an unpaid account and most critical infrastructure businesses including phone, electricity, water, sewer, etc., run on a 90 day billing cycle. After 90 days, it becomes a waste of space, time and money, therefore unpaid accounts are then sent to collections and the product is unlocked for the next potential customer be it water, electricity, waste management, mortgage holders and yes, phone companies.....regardless of whether they are land line companies or lineless (cell phone) companies. I hope that helps you on your quest. A thing of note though: be sure your iPhone 4s or galaxy s4 is cdma, i.e. no SIM card. Gsm uses SIM cards. Cricket doesn't like SIM cards. Read about the difference between the 4s/s4 stock and the cricket 4s/s4. There ARE differences.....same goes for some others. I've come to learn the cricket 3s is 16Gb whereas the stock 3s is 32Gb plus a few other mods are different, one to mention it's the stock 3s has a SIM, cricket 3s doesn't. When one owns telephone company, one wants to keep their investment safe and secure. What better way then to make deals with manufacturers to engineer software to accept only certain criteria. Just a thought ok? Do your research first. There's a reason I'm still using my merc. You want a bad ass cdma cricket ready phone? Go for the ascend D2 or the P1 or P6. Any of the three it's what I'm holding out for until they drop under$250. But that's just me.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sportwin; 01-01-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Thread Information