Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Epic

Question Cancelled flexbucket autofunding and now my $15 is gone?

Sorry for the really long post about a very simple subject but I've had a rough day and it's made me a bigger whiner than usual.

I haven't been able to find anything in Cricket's official support documentation that suggests that I would lose my accumulated flexbucket funds if I chose to remove the automatic $5/mo funding from my plan. When I first purchased my phone, the man handling the transaction at the Cricket store assured me that if I cancelled the automatic flexbucket funding, I'd still have the funds for 12 months from the date the funds were added before they expired.

A couple days ago I cancelled the $5/mo add-on through the Cricket website but it was in no way obvious that the change was successful (my account was still reading that I had Flex bucket in my monthly plan). In retrospect it's possible that i should have logged out and logged back in just to be sure but I didn't at the time. I attempted one or two more times to make sure I wasn't having a browser problem, but I was confused and decided to talk to a salesperson about it when I went to pay my bill.

My bill was due on the 2nd though, and I wasn't able to get the payment in until last night and had to do it by credit card instead of in person. (And the bill now also included the payment for November, but it DID reflect that I no longer had the $5 flex bucket add-on to my plan.....)

After checking to make sure the payment was posted and refreshing my account information on my phone today (prompted by the text message about a promo to download Gameloft games for a chance to win a Wii), I discovered the $15 accumulated to my flexbucket was now $0. I logged in to their website to make sure what I saw on my phone did reflect my account status.

My question is, if anyone has had a similar thing happen to them? Is anyone familiar enough with their policy to confirm whether or not I should be able to get the $15 re-instated to my account? For the record, the phone has been active only since the beginning of August, so the funds would not have expired naturally.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

That's really odd. Usually cancelling that feature does nothing to your balance.

Go to a corp store (their the only ones with the ability to see the flex bucket) and ask them to explain it. And then ask for your $15 dollars back. They should be able to credit your flex bucket easily enough.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    That's really odd. Usually cancelling that feature does nothing to your balance.

Go to a corp store (their the only ones with the ability to see the flex bucket) and ask them to explain it. And then ask for your $15 dollars back. They should be able to credit your flex bucket easily enough.
    Alright, thanks. My only guess to the cause is that I may have caused an error by attempting to remove Flex Bucket from my plan and somehow succeeding multiple times. XD I'll follow-up if they provide any other reason.

Thread Information