Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Can't switch my ESN?

I bought 2 Droid 2 phones for me and my wife because the cricket zte chorus ones we have are absolutely terrible. I get 6 hours of standby out of it before the battery dies. I flashed one droid myself and had the internet working. I then paid to joine this forum to get the ESN switching service and get this reply that it can't be done.

"I apologize, this device is not eligible for your service area. Some of our older devices are not eligible in all areas. Other device options are available at
    MyCricket.com

."

Everyone on this forum is running smart phones on cricket. I realize there are other options available at mycricket because I have the best phone they list on their cheap plan and it's a pos.

So what I'm asking is how can they even know what kind of phone it is by the ESN number and why am I able to use the internet and make a call on it only to be told it's not valid yet?

What a waste of time.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Youre in a paygo market I suspect. Flashed phones are usually not allowed.

The zte score is not the best phone available by any means.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Youre in a paygo market I suspect. Flashed phones are usually not allowed.

The zte score is not the best phone available by any means.
    Yes they only offer paygo. It's not even a ZTE score. It's a ZTE chorus and the worst phone I've ever run across as far as battery life. I can't even make it a half a day without using it at all before it shuts off. Almost all I use phones for is texting. I have 2 other basic type cricket phones that lasted weeks under the same service but it is really difficult to use them with the tiny screen and horrible for texting.

Is it possible to get a cricket account in an area that isn't a paygo area and use the Droid on that? I don't even care if it's not a local number.

I just hate this ZTE phone so much I want to step on it half the time. lol Even a $50 touch screen LG tracfone I got for my son last much longer than this thing.

Thread Information