Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

newdlz

Cell Service thru Wifi

I live up in the mountains just out of decent cell coverage. We are lucky to get the call at all before it drops. Since I've got a android i've been using netTALK for outgoing calls which works pretty well except the weird number whoever you're calling gets on the caller ID. Problem though is I own my business and can't really be missing incoming calls. It just makes sense to me that you should be able to connect to the celluar network thru the internet wifi. That way at home regardless of signal you have a reliable phone with your number. Anyone know if this is possible and if not who we need to harass to have them start working on it??

2. Remove this advertisement.
    CricketRepTommyD

There are quite a few voip services that you can use, or there is always google voice which allows you to recieve calls and issues you a gv number. You will have to pay for minutes, but its a way not to miss calls.

newdlz

Those are cool but something supported by Cricket is more what I'm talking about. So you can use your existing number without having to setup forwards. (I have a established business with signs and cards and ads all with this one number.) T mobile has something like this I believe and certain phones that are "UMA" are capable somehow as well. I may just be dreaming here, sure would be nice tho
    Last edited by newdlz; 04-29-2011 at 09:31 PM.

CricketRepTommyD

Google voice will link your other phone numbers and will ring your phone when any of your numbers are called, but when u call it will display your google voice number.

The problem with Google Voice is that it just connects the phone call. No data is involved because it's forwarded it to the normal number. If you lose normal coverage then the call is over.

Some companies like Sprint have a device that will act as a tower and router calls via it's connection to the Internet.

There are other solutions like CDMA signal boosters. Check out the offerings from Wilson Electronics. I think they are one of the best. Use to have a booster in my vehicle. An amplifier at home with a Yagi antenna pointed at the nearest tower should get you much better reception!

Someone said through the use of this device, you could make outgoing calls using your Google voice and possibly an Android app.

Obihai - Product Primer

Overall activity: 0%

I've actually thought about this before. This is something that Cricket should do officially. They need a device like the Airave on Sprint. This will help the customer, because they will have a signal in their home, and this will also help Cricket by reducing the load on the cellular network.

Hopefully this is something Cricket will offer in the future. Maybe they could come out with a wifi application so it's free instead of needing to pay for a device like the Airave.

Overall activity: 6.0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

I have been attempting to get SIP working with GV all weekend. I have no service on my cell and though I have a landline, it would be nice to use the phone for a phone once in a while. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by sinisin View Post
    I have been attempting to get SIP working with GV all weekend. I have no service on my cell and though I have a landline, it would be nice to use the phone for a phone once in a while. Hope this helps!
    How would you like for us to put up a tutorial on how to use SIP with Cricket Wireless?

That might be something we can work out. Let us know what you think so we can get working on that.

-Avenue

Overall activity: 6.0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES!!!! Between SIP and PBXes and Domains and Servers and FTPs and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yes help would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES!!!! Between SIP and PBXes and Domains and Servers and FTPs and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yes help would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please give us some time to get everything together.

Thank you.

Here you go!

http://www.cricketusers.com/android-...gle-voice.html

-Avenue

Thread Information