Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Cheapest way to start service & use Droid 3 w/$35 paygo 1000mins/unl.text&data?

I'm hoping to jump ship from Page Plus to Cricket. I tried switching once before, but Cricket fumbled my number port request, so I gave up and stayed with PP. I have an old Samsung Chrono from that attempt, and also the Droid 3 I use with Page Plus. In my market, Cricket offers $25 and $35 paygo plans with unlimited data, texting, and 300/1000 minutes. Unfortunately, there are no local dealers (aside from dollar stores that offer pre-boxed phones with service cards.) I would like to ultimately find a way to get the Droid 3 activated and working on the $35 plan, with the smallest overhead investment possible. Data speed isn't a concern. Thoughts?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

From what I've heard you wont be able to use the Droid 3 with PayGo, Droid 3 is my favorite phone (till the droid 4 comes out lol)and have done quite a bit of research on it and have asked around. your better off going with a cricket phone or staying with pp if that works with your Droid 3

The member that posted above is correct. You can't use a flashed phone on PAYGo.

>You can't use a flashed phone on PAYGo.

Are you sure about that?? I have the OG Droid, and it works great. I was lucky enough to get unlimited minutes on the $35 plan.

I went to a Cricket store, had the lady put me on the $1 a day plan. Then I called Cricket and upgraded. Google Voice with GrooveIP works. Tethering works.

Best deal out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets21 View Post
    >You can't use a flashed phone on PAYGo.

Are you sure about that?? I have the OG Droid, and it works great. I was lucky enough to get unlimited minutes on the $35 plan.

I went to a Cricket store, had the lady put me on the $1 a day plan. Then I called Cricket and upgraded. Google Voice with GrooveIP works. Tethering works.

Best deal out there.
    You can't use them on the PAYGo service that is available nationwide, but they might be allowed on the regional PAYGo service in native Cricket markets. If you have Cricket stores in your area, you're probably in a native market. That would explain why you didn't have a problem activating it.

There was another member on here using PAYGo with Google Voice and GrooveIP. It's an interesting setup. Hopefully it will continue to satisfy you because that is a great deal!

Thread Information