Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Coverage?

Overall activity: 3.0%

Coverage?

Yes, I know there's already a thread on this. It's old and doesn't apply to me.

How accurate is the GSM coverage map for the Humboldt County, CA area? It LOOKS great, the best pre-paid coverage I can find, actually. I'm just worried it's inaccurate. I can't find any reviews for coverage in my area. Verizon and US Cellular have great service up here, not sure about other companies.
    Last edited by Acantha; 08-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Its only 20 days old and does apply so I wont repeat. Others may have new advice.

There is no Cricket store near me. I'm not going to interrogate strangers to see if they might have the same cell service as the one I'm considering. Asking on here is likely to get me better answers than asking random people in the grocery store.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Chis' s forum is more powerful than I imagined. Good luck!!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Acantha View Post
    Yes, I know there's already a thread on this. It's old and doesn't apply to me.

How accurate is the GSM coverage map for the Humboldt County, CA area? It LOOKS great, the best pre-paid coverage I can find, actually. I'm just worried it's inaccurate. I can't find any reviews for coverage in my area. Verizon and US Cellular have great service up here, not sure about other companies.
    I like to tell customers the coverage map "is an artists depiction of a computer generated map" so it is not 100% accurate. we have also discovered anywhere it says 2g on the coverage map is a flat out lie, there will be little to no coverage in those areas. otherwise it is fairly accurate with the depiction of 3g/4g services. you can always call customer care and ask how far a tower is from your house 1855-246-2461 (they can look it up)

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    I like to tell customers the coverage map "is an artists depiction of a computer generated map" so it is not 100% accurate. we have also discovered anywhere it says 2g on the coverage map is a flat out lie, there will be little to no coverage in those areas. otherwise it is fairly accurate with the depiction of 3g/4g services. you can always call customer care and ask how far a tower is from your house 1855-246-2461 (they can look it up)
    Should I call AT&T instead because Cricket uses their towers? All the areas I'm looking at have 4G coverage, so that's good. I'm still a little hesitant though because when I had an AT&T phone several years ago, I could not get any signal (I couldn't even text!) in some of those places. But times change, technology improves, and new towers are built.

What is a good distance for a tower if you want a good signal?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

at&t coverage is not the same as cricket at&t coverage. they will let you know if you're a good distance or not. it's within 4 miles if i remember correctly.

Thread Information