Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

Bring Your Own Device ??

2. Remove this advertisement.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    Bring Your Own Device ??
    Yeah, as in an unlocked GSM phone. Buy a free and clear phone off ebay, pawn shop, etc -then activate on Cricket with the new GSM sim. I imagine, and have contemplated, trying this with AIO hoping to get grandfathered in.

You guys act like the sky is falling. Cricket has a triple the value ad up on the website: they are taking a jab at T-Mobile and other carriers by claiming to offer 3x the trade in value (up to $100) for your phone when compared to other carriers. I see a smooth transition for those who plan ahead.

Customer Since
    May 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy Ex i437z

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    Yeah, as in an unlocked GSM phone. Buy a free and clear phone off ebay, pawn shop, etc -then activate on Cricket with the new GSM sim. I imagine, and have contemplated, trying this with AIO hoping to get grandfathered in.

You guys act like the sky is falling. Cricket has a triple the value ad up on the website: they are taking a jab at T-Mobile and other carriers by claiming to offer 3x the trade in value (up to $100) for your phone when compared to other carriers. I see a smooth transition for those who plan ahead.

Newegg has an unlocked GSM Galaxy S4 for 9

+1 on your positive comment.

I was going to upgrade my phone soon thankfully I didn't make the move, I still have a Verizon Droid X from the good old times and hasn't died on me yet.

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

I have a feeling that this merger is going to make cricket lose a lot of customers, they will leave cricket. As they see this as a money making scheme. Everyone i have talked to feel they are getting ripped off by having to buy a new device. What cricket should do is for there loyal customers is if they paid there bill on time every month Or only late once or twice and been a customer for more then 2 years should get 200 bucks off a new phone of the customers choice. Or offer them 200 bucks for there old android cricket phone has to be a cricket phone not an unlocked phone from another carrier.

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFist2005 View Post
    I have a feeling that this merger is going to make cricket lose a lot of customers, they will leave cricket. As they see this as a money making scheme. Everyone i have talked to feel they are getting ripped off by having to buy a new device. What cricket should do is for there loyal customers is if they paid there bill on time every month Or only late once or twice and been a customer for more then 2 years should get 200 bucks off a new phone of the customers choice. Or offer them 200 bucks for there old android cricket phone has to be a cricket phone not an unlocked phone from another carrier.
    Wow to the misinformation AGAIN!

"AT&T has committed to implement a trade-in program that allows eligible customers to trade in their Leap prepaid feature phone for a Cricket prepaid feature phone without charge, subject to certain conditions. AT&T will advise Leap CDMA customers of this trade-in program and its terms when it becomes available"

"AT&T also has made the following commitment regarding Leap customers who own iPhone models 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s. Specifically, AT&T will establish a process by which Leap customers with legacy Leap iPhone models 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s can visit a New Cricket store and receive a replacement SIM card that will allow the customer to migrate to AT&T’s network without having to replace his or her device."

"AT&T also has committed to provide customers with Leap smartphones that are not compatible with the AT&T network significant credits to be used for the purchase of a new Cricket smartphone, subject to certain conditions. AT&T will advise Leap CDMA customers of this trade-in credit program and its terms when it becomes available"

"AT&T has clarified its device trade-in credit program commitment by stating that any customer who receives a device trade-in credit pursuant to that program will be able to acquire a low-cost smartphone with that credit at no or minimal additional cost to the customer. For example, AT&T represents that its Aio Wireless subsidiary currently offers smartphones at price levels less than $50 and additional smartphones at price levels less than $100.554 Consequently, AT&T anticipates that the device credits to which AT&T has committed to provide to qualifying Leap smartphone customers will permit those customers to acquire a New Cricket smartphone with no or minimal out-of-pocket expense."

Feel free to read it yourself:

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...A-14-349A1.pdf

And don't forget the full list of FCC Documents at:

AT&T and Leap, WT Docket No. 13-193

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

the current trade-in program has not implemented any of the changes from att yet. i do agree that cricket will lose customers, but we always lose customers. bring your own gsm phone on att's network sounds awesome. aio was never in my market, so this is also keeping my job.

Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    Wow to the misinformation AGAIN!

"AT&T has committed to implement a trade-in program that allows eligible customers to trade in their Leap prepaid feature phone for a Cricket prepaid feature phone without charge, subject to certain conditions. AT&T will advise Leap CDMA customers of this trade-in program and its terms when it becomes available"

"AT&T also has made the following commitment regarding Leap customers who own iPhone models 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s. Specifically, AT&T will establish a process by which Leap customers with legacy Leap iPhone models 4s, 5, 5c, and 5s can visit a New Cricket store and receive a replacement SIM card that will allow the customer to migrate to AT&Tís network without having to replace his or her device."

"AT&T also has committed to provide customers with Leap smartphones that are not compatible with the AT&T network significant credits to be used for the purchase of a new Cricket smartphone, subject to certain conditions. AT&T will advise Leap CDMA customers of this trade-in credit program and its terms when it becomes available"

"AT&T has clarified its device trade-in credit program commitment by stating that any customer who receives a device trade-in credit pursuant to that program will be able to acquire a low-cost smartphone with that credit at no or minimal additional cost to the customer. For example, AT&T represents that its Aio Wireless subsidiary currently offers smartphones at price levels less than $50 and additional smartphones at price levels less than $100.554 Consequently, AT&T anticipates that the device credits to which AT&T has committed to provide to qualifying Leap smartphone customers will permit those customers to acquire a New Cricket smartphone with no or minimal out-of-pocket expense."

Feel free to read it yourself:

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...A-14-349A1.pdf

And don't forget the full list of FCC Documents at:

AT&T and Leap, WT Docket No. 13-193

Please define what low cost or minimal cost is. As we know to bill Gates $1 million is low cost. $10 to me is expensive

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Yeah, the lack of definitive answers is frustrating.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

So am I reading this wrong, or is the statement implying that current Cricket customer will be able to keep their current rates, and Lifeline discounts, until they get their new phone on the New Cricket? I believe that is what i just read... also are they saying that those of us who already have smartphones will be able to get free or highly discounted devices, specifically those carried by att that are sub 100 dollar phones? Thanks but no thanks

Phone
    Verizon S3

cricket lost 7 customers 3 days ago due to this change and will soon loose 2 more, me and my grandparents/parents switched to metropcs. it really made use mad that they drop this bomb on us all the sudden after people have just spent hundreds on new phones just to be told to go buy new one if you still wanna use our network.
    heck my sister and her fiance got s4's a few months back on the payment program, not even paid for phones and there being told to change. so yea im sure there will be ALOT of cricket subscribers leaving

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Really people its barely a month inrto a 12 - 18 month process and people are acting like there are weeks if not days left. I have no doubt AT &T will do their best to make Cricket customers happy with the changes but there will be those that will refuse to be happy with anything that is done. I'm not one that can go out and by the latest phone that comes out. I'm currently using the admire 2 and the only reason I got it was they had it fo $50 prior to that was the hauwei mercury I had for over 2yrs. I'm not the least bit worried about the changes if I'm not happy with what is first offered there will be plenty of time and options as often as they come out with new phones. It's 12 - 18 MONTHS not 12 - 18 DAYS or WEEKS.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I have to agree with you. People are jumping ship before even the ship starts to sink. Wait until att announces the changes, at this point is just pure speculation and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    I have to agree with you. People are jumping ship before even the ship starts to sink. Wait until att announces the changes, at this point is just pure speculation and rumors.
    but thats the american way! we act first then get the facts!

Cricket to AIO really isn't that bad. I know there are already 3 stores in my area that will switch your "good condition" cricket phone for a moto g (16 gig), pretty sure more phone options will pop up in next few months. I ditched cricket for t-mo when I decided to get my nexus 4, but had to change carriers again when I moved out of t-mos service area. First went with straight talk (at&t Sim) but then opted for AIO since they had 4g for the same price as well as 5 gig high speed cap and when I do get throttled (3g), its not as bad as when I got throttled on straight talk (2g). My wife swapped her flashed evo 3d for the moto g on AIO and has been happy ever since.

And for the post above about switching to metropcs, they are going through some changes as well since t-mo has taken over

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information