Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Hello you said "Bring Your Own Device", meaning as I could probably connect an unlocked Galaxy Note 3?? That would be awesome! Got any info on this? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RLockwich View Post
    Right now everything is very unclear. We (Cricket) have training/seminar coming up all through the end of April / early May in the Pittsburgh market that will update us on everything that's going on. Cricket does have a new logo and colors in place that have been shown on the back end, that only (as far as I've been told) that our Cricket Account Manager's and higher have been shown.

What we have been told is that only iPhone 5/5C/5S are compatible with the new network, and everyone else will be required to upgrade their phone by March 2015 (including Mr. Smith buying him and his family GS4s on Cricket today). As I've heard, as well with what AIO had been currently offering is the service of Bring You Own Device program which will carry over to the new cricket as well.
    Hello you said "Bring Your Own Device", meaning as I could probably connect an unlocked Galaxy Note 3?? That would be awesome! Got any info on this? Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Ztony View Post
    yes, this is confirmed. we were told yesterday cricket will allow unlocked GSM devices onto the network. they will also be participating in the national GSM phone black list. if your phone is bad ESN from tmobile, att, etc, it will probably be bad ESN on cricket.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkmage1991 View Post
    cricket lost 7 customers 3 days ago due to this change and will soon loose 2 more, me and my grandparents/parents switched to metropcs. it really made use mad that they drop this bomb on us all the sudden after people have just spent hundreds on new phones just to be told to go buy new one if you still wanna use our network.
    heck my sister and her fiance got s4's a few months back on the payment program, not even paid for phones and there being told to change. so yea im sure there will be ALOT of cricket subscribers leaving
    sorry to hear my friend! if I had known sooner, i would never have suggested you spend that money on a phone that won't work on the network in 12 months.

I can say without a doubt, this is still the best thing to happen to your former cell phone carrier. att covers something like 98% of the population. att has deep pockets to fund network upgrades and expansions. att has special buddies with samsung, apple, and other manufacturers.

if i were in your shoes i would use that phone and take advantage of every penny i spent, then sell it or trade-up for discount off new devices when i need it or if i break it. maybe flash it to a sprint mvno like pageplus, or sell to a local flashing/repair buddy. but that is how I am, only upgrade when i absolutely need to.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Any information on the devices that will be available, and the trade In programs?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by randp1 View Post
    Any information on the devices that will be available, and the trade In programs?
    i cannot say much about what devices are coming yet. however i see cricketusers does have a little info on the front page for some of the zte devices we may or may not be getting

As far as the trade-in program, it looks like att is yet to make any big changes. you can get a free quote here to take to the store

Cricket Wireless Device Trade-Up

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    i cannot say much about what devices are coming yet. however i see cricketusers does have a little info on the front page for some of the zte devices we may or may not be getting

As far as the trade-in program, it looks like att is yet to make any big changes. you can get a free quote here to take to the store

I hope that's wrong. $150 for an almost new Cricket S4! That's ridiculous.

Despite what some think AT&T will do what they reasonably can to make everyone happy. Seeing as how it looks like the current and maybe future AIO phones will be offered they do have an S4 and do a easy swap cricket S4 for AIO (or new cricket) S4. Either way you will be able keep the phone you have for at least a year or trade it in for a New Cricket phone.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Phone
    Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    I hope that's wrong. $150 for an almost new Cricket S4! That's ridiculous.
    That's why I switched one of my lines to another carrier, Got a good offer for my S4, buyer didn't care that it possibly won't work sometime next year, figured I'd get rid of it before they stop activating cdma phones, which will probably be very soon.

No doubt when the New Cricket rolls out new CDMA activation will also stop but all current CDMA activated phones will work for 12 -18 months. No doubt there will be final trade in offer for the few remaining customers who haven't switched. There is still no reason to panic, dump phones and switching carriers. No doubt there will be regrets for jumping ship to soon once the New Cricket is up and running.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Phone
    Mercury

I still have one line on Cricket, I will keep open to see what happens before I make a decision.

Just a note on the bad Imei/ESN thing on AIO...... Just means you can't activate the line on it, but you can still just pop in an activated Sim card.

Apparently simple mobile put my nexus 4 on the blacklist (forgot to read the terms, since I used their service for only a month, they added my imei on list) so I was not able to activate an account with it. But I did have another at&t phone laying around that was acceptable. Once the Sim was active, I just swapped it to my nexus.

Just like any Sim carrier, the imei is mainly for activation and insurance purposes (and I never buy insurance, so that's not a big deal)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by edwardamarille; 05-01-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Warboy may have found the remedy We're looking 4
    Check this out.....
    How To and Patch to fully enable GSM on Verizon CDMA phones with Android | Internauta37

yes, this is confirmed. we were told yesterday cricket will allow unlocked GSM devices onto the network. they will also be participating in the national GSM phone black list. if your phone is bad ESN from tmobile, att, etc, it will probably be bad ESN on cricket.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

sorry to hear my friend! if I had known sooner, i would never have suggested you spend that money on a phone that won't work on the network in 12 months.

I can say without a doubt, this is still the best thing to happen to your former cell phone carrier. att covers something like 98% of the population. att has deep pockets to fund network upgrades and expansions. att has special buddies with samsung, apple, and other manufacturers.

if i were in your shoes i would use that phone and take advantage of every penny i spent, then sell it or trade-up for discount off new devices when i need it or if i break it. maybe flash it to a sprint mvno like pageplus, or sell to a local flashing/repair buddy. but that is how I am, only upgrade when i absolutely need to.
    Oh oK thank you for the info! Do you know as of when I can connect an unlocked gsm phone? Thank you for your time and support!!

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by creamdotcom View Post
    Warboy may have found the remedy We're looking 4
    Check this out.....
    How To and Patch to fully enable GSM on Verizon CDMA phones with Android | Internauta37

You can go for that all you want, but you wouldn't catch me following generic directions like that. Manufacturers build there operating systems different so there is no guarantee those directions will work for every android phone, let alone they are generic so there is no guarantee it will work on every version of android.

That aside, most "LTE" phones from Verizon support GSM as most of them are international phones as well. This being said, there are instructions for many of these phones already out there on flashing them to work on AT&T's network.

Just to note, this only works on phones that take a SIM card, either LTE or Global phones. If it is a Verizon phone that does not take a SIM card it is not going to support GSM.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    You can go for that all you want, but you wouldn't catch me following generic directions like that. Manufacturers build there operating systems different so there is no guarantee those directions will work for every android phone, let alone they are generic so there is no guarantee it will work on every version of android.

That aside, most "LTE" phones from Verizon support GSM as most of them are international phones as well. This being said, there are instructions for many of these phones already out there on flashing them to work on AT&T's network.

Just to note, this only works on phones that take a SIM card, either LTE or Global phones. If it is a Verizon phone that does not take a SIM card it is not going to support GSM.
    I actually posted this as a Hope which at&t should distribute ota as a update in firmware in lets say 4.4.3 otherwise We should end all dealings with them.....especially S4 owners. A hope that would extend the life of the handset beyond Cricket and cdma. On another note I was in a at&t store and the rep said that if I had a unlocked sim and able to retrieve the ime I could bring My S4 despite all speculation but I was on Warboys USC rom and couldn't get it.

Customer Since

Well I just got my training for it today. Most of all of this is true. You will not be able to activate any new cricket CDMA phone unless it is going to be on lifeline going in the future starting May 18. There're are 5 phones to be coming out and most are already AIO phones with im sure the moto g and s4 being the two most popular. The plans are different too like there is no more 10 GB plan, and you will not be able to hotspot anymore on the gsm phones. You will be able to trade in your phone and as well they are bringing in new phone payment plans. There are also gonna me upgrade discounts depending on how long you have been a New Cricket customer (GSM customer) Not if you are a Cricket Legacy customer( CDMA customers). Meaning if you been with cricket for 3 years and you only have a CDMA phone you won't get the upgrade discounts. Also Muve music won't be transferring over...yet... but they are reported working on that. And there will be no more Bridge Pays anymore. There is not more 3 dollar fee for paying in the store anymore but there will be late fees and different fee pricing going forward. There is rumor being two phones coming out in July im guessing S5 and something else who knows. I may have left some stuff out but if I think of it I will get back and post more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information