Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

New payment plans and new fees. Sounds like the old nickle and dime them to death tactic since there isnt a 2 year contract death tactic. Why cant they just stop service instead of penalizing people. ATT just being bullies. That will drive me away to another carrier.

sent from the future.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

What I took from that is long time cricket customers get screwed while new subscribers get all the discounts. smh. I just hope that when the time comes, att will recognize the faithful few that didn't/couldn't bail out on them. I don't know about yall but I can't afford to switch to another carrier (why do you think we're here in the first place, great service? ) so for now it's wait and see.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

The legacy customers are the reason AT&T bought Leep wireless they will be taken care of within reason of course. New "New Cricket" will get the new rate plans legacy customers will keep their current plans as previously stated but not for ever of course. New customers will get discounts when upgrading from another carrier as a normal promotion for the New Cricket customers not related to legacy customers. Think about it, you get an upgrade discount depending on how long you've been a new cricket customer, well nobody will have been a New Cricket customer (gsm) because there is no New Cricket gsm yet. Looks like the latest ifo is a litre mixed up.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

After this is all over the worst part of it will be the speculation of what doesn't happen and the panic brought on by it.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Phone
    Verizon S3

for me it was very easy to switch to metro pcs as it didnt cost me anything except the first month of service and a 10$ sim card. as the phone i literally bought brand new 1 week before i found out this was happening happened to be a nexus 5, i got sooo lucky that didnt buy anything else as i woulda wasted the money on that deivce. but luckily enough nexus 5 supports cdma frequencies and gsm. so all i did was put in a metro sim card and it automatically worked no crazy flashing needed .

btw metro is pretty dang good. i am paying 35 a month for everything cricket offers at 50$ but i have lte now on tmobiles towers so if you have metro pcs near you i do recomend them as so far service is great. and finding a used gsm device is pretty dang easy.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Just checked on AIO Wireless website to see if my phone was compatible. My wife's S3 and my S4 are both compatible don't know if it means anything. Hopefully many of you guys won't have to swap phones at the end.

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

If you read a little, the s3 has already been tried with the aio card. It didn't work. The s3 does not have a gsm radio. I do not know about the s4. I think the website just knows the phone has a sim slot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by jaredl45600 View Post
    If you read a little, the s3 has already been tried with the aio card. It didn't work. The s3 does not have a gsm radio. I do not know about the s4. I think the website just knows the phone has a sim slot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    The "CRICKET" S3 and S4 are "CDMA" only phones, along with US Cellular.

The Verizon S3 and S4 are global phones and can be unlocked to work on a GSM network.

The catch, you probably won't get 4G LTE on any Verizon phone on AT&T without a custom rom designed to enable the frequencies for AT&T LTE on the Radio.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by gsdreams View Post
    The "CRICKET" S3 and S4 are "CDMA" only phones, along with US Cellular.

The Verizon S3 and S4 are global phones and can be unlocked to work on a GSM network.

The catch, you probably won't get 4G LTE on any Verizon phone on AT&T without a custom rom designed to enable the frequencies for AT&T LTE on the Radio.
    thanks very much for the clarification. there were a lot of rumors these phones were exactly the same. it makes sense the radios are completely different hardware (cdma only is cheaper)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information