Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cricket Disconnect Policy for High Users (Voice/Data)

Over the last year and a half with Cricket, I have been told by some users that they have been migrated to other plans because they fall into the category of high users. Some of these people have admitted that they use their phone ALL the time. I believe the information below the line refers more to people being completely disconnected for misuse.

The terms of service agreement is probably something that not many people really read. I haven't actually read it in its entirety myself. There are ways as end users we can abuse this service. Using a phone as a hotspot for an entire business' Internet connection.... That's probably not a good idea. Using the phone for a 24/7 call center of sorts.... Probably not a good idea either.

As much as anyone might be upset and stick to their unlimited is unlimited guns, there are reasons for enforcing these policies. Many of them are not only in the best interest of the company, but in the best interset of us, the consumer. We must allow for actions to be carried out that will ensure companies "hang around" for a long time. Wireless voice and data services are not a resource without limits. It costs cellular companies a lot to provide the infrastructure to support our every growing needs.

This does not mean we can't voice our opinons. For example, I'd like at least 2gb of full speed data a month with the Android plan.

A little bit more information is below. This is what was passed to me. Information only relevant to dealers and such was taken out prior to my receipt. The general nature of the message was not modified.

For prepaid, PayGo, and broadband customers....

Effective

April 13, 2012

Since 2010, we have been disconnecting customers whose calling patterns, Voice usage, or Data usage are indicative of non-compliance with Section 7 of the Cricket Terms and Conditions of Service (list of the prohibited items) -
    http://www.mycricket.com/support/terms-and-conditions

. Customer are provided with a copy in the Quick Start Guide (or they are told to refer to
    mycricket.com

for the latest version).

Customers are not being terminated because they hit a particular usage number. They are being disconnected because they violated the conditions of the service. It is strongly suspected the customer was doing one of the prohibited items by virtue of the high usage since the ONLY way to achieve such a high amount of usage is to be doing one of the prohibited items.

Examples of prohibited data uses:

Cricket data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on-line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, "junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Cricket's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use. Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Cricket Prohibited Network Uses.

Additionally, any one of the described prohibited uses is grounds for us to take action. Typically, this type of abuse falls under category 7.a.3 of the Terms and Conditions.

7. Prohibited Uses.

(a) You must comply with all laws and regulations while using the Service. Among other prohibited uses, the Service may not be used (1) for telemarketing, commercial research, commercial data collection or transmission, sale or resale of Service or in the operation of any telephone-based business (for example, chat lines or fortune telling services); (2) for any fraudulent, illegal or abusive purpose, or in a manner that interferes or causes problems with the operation of Cricket's wireless system; or (3) continuously, with or without breaks, so as to create the functional equivalent of a telephone line dedicated to continuous use. (b) You must use your wireless device predominantly within the Cricket owned network coverage area. We may limit, deny your continued use of the other carrier's network, change your rate plan or terminate your Service without notice if you no longer live and have a mailing address within a Cricket owned network coverage area or if more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage is on a Partner network for the previous billing cycle.

Examples of such calling patterns that are indicative of non-compliance include: 15+ hours of use in a single day, 10+ hours of use per day for 7 consecutive days, 7+ hours of international long distance use per day for 7 consecutive days, or 20+ GB of data usage in a month.

These are strictly examples and should not be conveyed to customers as the actual justification for disconnection. The examples are only provided to understand the severity of the abuse.

Customers who have been terminated for non-compliance will not be permitted to re-activate their account.
    This affects less than 0.1% of our current customer base. It is likely you will see no impact within your area.
    Please be honest and upfront with our customers. We want to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible. Respect even for those who cannot be our customer.

Customer Talking Points

Why has Cricket taken this step?

Subscribers whose calling patterns, Voice usage, or Data usage are indicative of non-compliance are violating the Terms and Conditions of Service. This rule affects less than 0.1% of our customer base.

How can Cricket still maintain its ‘Unlimited’ mantra when a limit has been placed on usage?

Customers are not being terminated because they hit a particular usage number. They are being
    Cricket Communications disconnected because they violated the conditions of the service. It is strongly suspected the customer was doing one of the prohibited items by virtue of the high usage since the ONLY way to achieve such a high amount of usage is to be doing one of the prohibited items.

A list of the prohibited items can be found at
    http://www.mycricket.com/support/terms-and-conditions

. An excerpt of Examples of prohibited data uses in mentioned in the description section above.

Can the customer choose another plan after being disconnected?
    No.

Can the customer setup another line of service after being disconnected?
    No.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    snip....

Can the customer setup another line of service after being disconnected?
    No.

Ya right. How will they stop them?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I guess that is a valid question. Maybe they will start requiring some form of identification?

"Yes I need an account. The name is Seymour.... Oh yes last name Butts."
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

nice to meet you seymour. . . . have you seen our newest phone!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

No... Have you read my newest novel? It's entitled Under the Bleachers.

Thread Information