Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieB554 View Post
    I have run into this same issue - I have a "grandfathered" 60 dollar plan which came with 200 roaming minutes. Along with this plan I also have 2 additional plans 45 dollar and 35 dollar, all grandfathered. I would not mind upgrading and even paying more but from what I have been told I cannot get the 200 roaming minutes. Now although they have come a long way, I travel quite a bit daily throughout the city and hit spots where there is only roaming coverage. So my plan is crucial to me as is. That being said, I may be forced back to Sprint or Verizon which do not roam, simply because my poor old cheapy phone is about dead. I do have 3 other cricket accounts, so I really am a fan of cricket. Just not their policies.
    Who knows maybe they will change their policy before my phone dies completely.
    To my knowledge Sprint will still throw in free roaming on many networks for free while Verizon doesn't seem to. Of course you can't have more roaming minutes than normal minutes, and the off network data tops out at 300-500 mb. I forgot.

I'm basing some of this on a trip that I take to knewsom's family close to Lubbock. There is an area where our Verizon phones will get no data at all while the Cricket phone will. Everywhere you get reliable Sprint coverage, you should be getting Cricket.... The areas where they have their own tower only enhances your signal I thought. Adds to what Spring has... Maybe I'm wrong...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  26.1 KB

Tradeoffs everywhere. This is a Verizon data map with Cricket overlaid. One of these isn't to scale, and I think it's Verizon because Cricket uses Google maps. I stretched it to get them matching as much as possible. The lighter purple is Cricket coverage only. The darkest spots means both have coverage. The lighter redish spot is Verizon only and the lightest means no data at all for either carrier.

The circled area is where we had to listen to Pandora on the Mercury :-).
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-17-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

That's good info I didn't know all that

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 3D

I had a CSR tell me I had to get the $65 plan to run my new EVO 3D. I hung up and went to another CSR knowing it was false. I'm sure if you read the TOS they have the right to tell you to upgrade your plan. I'm sure the $25 plan is not available anymore and the system will not allow them to change your phone. It's not the rep, its the system the reps are typing into. It makes it impossible to leave you on the same plan. Just a guess... $35 a month for unlimited is still a deal! Ask a friend on another carrier what they are paying a month, and their restrictions. I understand the frustration though.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

the $25 plan was a promotional offer in some markets. . . in order to change the phone on the old plans like that our "CID" demands a plan change. there is no way around it.

Cnewman is correct. re-read the terms of service on the cricket website, or if you have a brochure that came with your phone. "cricket reserves the right to limit, terminate, modify, at will any and all of your services"

one of the advantages to the new plans is that it includes all telecom taxes and regulatory fees, i know certain older plans would fluctuate depending on local/national telecom/regulatory fees and taxes.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

From our email exchange on Mar 9th

OK, here's the deal. It looks like you are on an old promotional plan that is no longer available. The $25 plan youre on is NOT paygo but it is a retired plan. It is no longer offered and in an effort to get customers off those plans, the system is coded to require any account changes ( like a new phone) to prompt for a plan upgrade. That is likely why you were told what you were when you called Cricket. They just explained it poorly.

So the short answer is, you cant put the touch on your acct unless you upgrade your plan to at least the 35 plan.
    I tried to make itclear why you can't change your phone to the messager touch.
    You can go to the FCC and complain but it won't do you any good. You can keep your service as is as long as you wan't Cricket isn't denying you anything.

With anything, if you want to upgrade you have to pay or make allowances. Get used to it.

This thread is a waste of time and electrons. Bitching here won't change anything.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 2.0%

I agree with Woof, thread got useless OP ask a question and got answer that they did not like sorry thats the way it is. Making a complaint to the BBB of FCC is useless cause cricket covers them self.

Overall activity: 49.0%
    Customer Since
    June 2008
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Phone
    aio HTC One

my moms bf is grandfathered in to att on data unlimited cause he got an original iphone with them, and i agree with knewsom32 that it aint cool trashing someones choice in phone unless u like me got a sprint iphone , ditched cricket, cause iphones dont work on aws bands like philly

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Droid 2

Same problem here. Three phones on Cricket's Family plan(which no longer exists?). Funny thing is this is the plan they have been billing me on since 2009. And I'll bet they would continue to bill me on that plan had my daughter not lost her phone. And now I am trying to add her replacement phone to the plan and I'm getting the same spiel that everyone else had been getting with this issue. Arrrg! I guess what they say is true? Nothing gold can stay? (...or ~$120/mo. can stay??)
    Ok, my gripe is over. Looking for solutions here. But the machine appears to be winning.
    Hmmm, so far my options are: change my plan with Cricket or move to another provider?
    Btw sarge, congrats on the engagement!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Since it was a replacement phone, I would imagine you could get corporate to put it back on without any changes. You might want to try that route. Do they normally charge 15 for a replacement phone to be activated (or is this a phone you purchased as a replacement)?

Perhaps if push comes to shove you can kill that line, and start a new account for her only.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member

Phone
    Droid 2

Here are some thoughts on if I stay with Cricket. I see there is a 35 plan TALK+TEXT and a 45 plan TALK+TEXT+WEB.
    The 45 plan for me will be 135 plus normal taxes/fees... plus in the myCricket faq page they say:
    Is a family plan version available?

Yes, Cricket offers discounts for multi-line accounts.

...my question is this. If I roll with a 45 plan, will I still be able to use Android phones without paying for the 55 plan? I mean, its all just data right? Whether you're connected to the web 24/7 on a non Android phone or just own an Android - whats the difference?
    Can I even roll down to the 35 plan and use the GreenK45 app? (or does the 45 in that app name mean I need the 45 plan?)

Just *looking for solutions here as Cricket has been the cheapest service I've ever had thus far. Thanks for the input too!
    Last edited by art78634; 03-31-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Spelling edit

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Multi line discount is 5 dollars off each additional lines on the account / month. I don't use the 45 dollar plan currently, but if configured right people have managed to use other plans.

Not officially supported or recommended of course.

Gold Member

Phone
    Droid 2

Ok I got a Sprint Samsung Transform for my daughter - added the Cricket PRL to it and took it to the local Cricket store.
    No issue... I paid my $15, they did the ESN change, test call worked, they wished me 'have a nice day!', and I was out the door!
    So I continue to roll with the family plan that I have been on since 2009. I just hope it lasts!

I am unsure why they did not try to tell me that my plan was no longer valid, I am unsure why the girl behind the counter did not encounter any problems on her computer when doing the ESN change. What you can be sure about is - after this experience - is that if Cricket tells me any more that I need to change my plan, I'm calling Shenanagans!

Btw, I flashed the Samsung from these forums, talk and text to get it onto the network, I plan on doing web and MMS - will keep ya posted!

Overall activity: 52.0%

Take your phone to one of those small cricket "we flash phones" dealer. They can activate your phone without changing your plan (if you ask nicely).

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information