Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Cricket headache in florida

Hello all I recently just got to Florida and my cricket service was working for a day or so then stopped working. I called CS and they said because i'm on the 45 dollar plan i went over the 50/50 rule. Is there anyway I can get my phone back on here in florida orlando area. Any secrets out there for you cricket guru's.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

is your phone flashed?
    Flashed phones usually have that problem, but if its a cricket phone then you should be able to use it anywhere that you have coverage regardless of your plan(unless its a pay-go plan). try *228 and see if that works.
    Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ihack.droid View Post
    is your phone flashed?
    Flashed phones usually have that problem, but if its a cricket phone then you should be able to use it anywhere that you have coverage regardless of your plan(unless its a pay-go plan). try *228 and see if that works.
    Best of luck to you.
    Yeah *228 does not work and yes its a flashed phone when you try to dial out it says this phone is not authorized.

What's the 50/50 rule?

Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    What's the 50/50 rule?

Sent from my M886
    Has to do with being in your market (area code)

chaloval

The 50/50 rule applies if you're using the phone more than 50% out of cricket market. Cricket will switch your plan to a non migration plan (NT45), or cancel your account and send you a final check with a prorated amount. At this point you can only use your phone in cricket markets. Once cricket puts you on this plan you can't switch it regardless if you go back to your home market.

One more thing forgot to mention. It doesn't matter if you are using a flashed phone or not.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by chaloval View Post
    The 50/50 rule applies if you're using the phone more than 50% out of cricket market. Cricket will switch your plan to a non migration plan (NT45), or cancel your account and send you a final check with a prorated amount. At this point you can only use your phone in cricket markets. Once cricket puts you on this plan you can't switch it regardless if you go back to your home market.

One more thing forgot to mention. It doesn't matter if you are using a flashed phone or not.
    Since PayGo is now being offered in NON-Cricket markets, you will have to switch your phone to the PayGo service. To do this, you will have to call 1-800-Cricket and activate the phone and get a new number. You will be offered several plans, and none of them have unlimited calling except for the daily plans. The $25.00 monthly plan includes 300 minutes and all other monthly plans include 1000 minutes.

The 50/50 rule will not apply when you are on the Nationwide PayGo plan.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Since PayGo is now being offered in NON-Cricket markets, you will have to switch your phone to the PayGo service. To do this, you will have to call 1-800-Cricket and activate the phone and get a new number. You will be offered several plans, and none of them have unlimited calling except for the daily plans. The $25.00 monthly plan includes 300 minutes and all other monthly plans include 1000 minutes.

The 50/50 rule will not apply when you are on the Nationwide PayGo plan.

Yeah I know I tal;ked to the escalations department and they put me on the pay as you go with my same number here are my details from mycricket.com

capture.png

So I guess i'm happy for now but had to bitch and complain about but kudos to them for coming around.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

very interesting! this is the first flashed phone i've seen on a pay-go account.

Wrecked Johnson

good news for the AWS markets as well

Thread Information