Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    May, 2011

Cricket Online Shipping Policy?????

Ok so Sunday I placed an order online for a new phone. I read the shipping policy which states:
    Shipping

• Standard shipping is 2-day business.
    • Any order received before 5 pm, Monday-Friday, will ship the same day.
    • Any orders received after 5 pm on Friday are upgraded to expedited/overnight shipping at no extra cost and will ship the next business day.

So I was under the impression that since I placed my order after 5 pm Friday it would be shipped out Monday 1 day shipping to me.

Did I just misinterpret it or is their policy misleading or what? What is the difference if I place my order on Sunday or 11:59 PM on Friday? Oh and when I talked to customer support about it they even admitted that even if I had ordered it on Friday after 5 pm and a lot of orders came in that it is not a guarantee they would ship it Monday overnight either?!?!? I guess I am pretty upset now and just want to make sure that I am not obviously wrong on reading their policy.

Thanks

ETA: If the policy said orders placed on Friday after 5 pm I could understand that I would have to place order on Friday after 5 pm for 1 day shipping but I really believe they way they wrote it means that orders placed after 5 pm on Friday includes the weekend.
    Last edited by USMC; 07-28-2014 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

If I may ask, are you upset about the policy wording or was there an urgent reason to have the phone today?

Customer Since
    May, 2011

I believe in promises and someones word. To me it seems like there stated policy is to ship Monday 1 day to me. I work a rotating 12 hour schedule so a lot of times I will order things online so that they arrive when I am not working or not having to sleep for work. So when things like this happens it causes me to either have to get less sleep (typically in the middle of my time to sleep) or miss deliveries causing me to sometimes have to wait a couple days if the item requires a signature. That's why its a really big inconvenience to me. Like I said though if I just misread it then that's on me but at least at this point I feel lied too or misled at the very least.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I hear ya. Thats why I ship to work or a relative/friend who i know stays home.

Customer Since
    May, 2011

Is it just me though or if you read that policy would you have expected it to ship overnight Monday? Now I am wondering if I can even get the rebate on buying the Moto G. I am a new activation to the new Cricket (customer support could not see my existing account with old Cricket) but based on the way they are defending their shipping policy it seems like they will try and tell me that account migration does not count as a new activation even though I have to create a whole new account.

If that is the case then I think I am just going to return the phone and go with a different company. I think tomorrow I should probably contact customer support again and ask if I will get the rebate this way I have something in writing.

I wish I could have stuff sent to me at work or if I know when something is going to arrive sometimes I have it sent to peoples places if I know I am going to be there on a certain day.

Overall activity: 2.0%

If your keeping your same number its an upgrade, if your getting a new number with serves its a new activation. You could always go and support your local dealer and keep the money local.

Customer Since
    May, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    If your keeping your same number its an upgrade, if your getting a new number with serves its a new activation. You could always go and support your local dealer and keep the money local.
    Thanks for the info. The new Cricket website is full of contradictions. After reading the actual form itself for the rebate it appears that a new activation is not needed to qualify unlike what the website says elsewhere. All that is required it activation of the new phone which even though I am upgrading I am activating the new phone.

If I had known it was going to take the extra time going online I would have bought local like I have with my last couple phones from Cricket. This was my first and probably last time doing it online.

Thread Information